Story of episode 46 -Oct 19 US

akhl thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
Here I am writing the story of Oct 19(US) episode with my comments in blue.
I have not recommended my name as written updater because I am not sure if I will be able to write updates regularly. For some reason, I am not able to watch the episode when it is telecasted on TV because I am busy in some other work at that time. Therefore, I have to rely on video posted in this forum.
I understand that Aalochak will also write the update. Since the participation in this forum at present is very low, therefore, I feel that it is OK to let more  members than one give their opinions on the same episode.
Umi let me know if you think otherwise.
Dhumraksh has run away. Prahast comes to him. Prahast thinks that they should have stayed there and tried to save Ravan. Dhumraksh justifies running away by saying that if they also stayed there, then they also would have been captured. Then who could save Ravan?
I agree with Dhumraksh here. His argument is very practical. Often it is argued that if somebody whom we care for us is in danger, then we should be with him. But sometimes it is unwise to be physically near him. If we are near him, then we put our life also in danger. By putting our life in danger, we do no good to the other person. In such a case, we can help him only after leaving that place.
Akampan and Dand are not seen. Prahast and Dhumraksh are worried that Akampan and Dand might have been captured. Prahast suggests that they should attack Sahastrarjun with full army.
They go to Lanka to give the information. There is pandemonium in Lanka over the news. People are telling each other that Ravan has been taken prisoner.

Vibhishan gives speech.
Vibhshan - It is a matter of shame for us that the king of Lanka, before whom even the bravest bowed, has been taken prisoner.
This is because Ravan thought Sahastrarjun very weak. There is a famous saying that one should not underestimate one's enemies.

Vibhishan - This is a time of crisis. We should think calmly what to do. Before taking a decision, I want to know your opinions.
Vibhishan here shows good leadership qualities. He wants to know everybody's opinion before coming to a conclusion.

Kumbhkaran - This is not the time to know opinions. This is not only the time to sit quietly. Sahastrarjun has challended us for war. Now, war is the only solution.

Soldiers there are excited to go on war.

Malyavan - Kubhkaran, you do not know Sahastrarjun's power. We will not repeat the mistake that Ravan made.
Very true. Ravan has already been taken prisoner. It is foolish if more people of Lanka go to Mahismati to become prisoners. Moreover, this will anger Sahastrarjun futher.

But Kumbhakaran is adamant to go on war. Malyavan says that Vibhishan holds the rule in Lanka and, therefore, he should take the decision.
Guru Shukracharya agrees with Malyavan.

Shukracharya - In the time of crisis, we should use patience and wisdom. Whatever is done should be done with the consent of the ruler.

Kumbhkaran does not agree and is ready to go to attack Sahastrarjun. Sumali comes there and stops Sahastrarjun.

Sumali - Nobody can match Sahastrarjun and his army's power. He can do anything. You should not do anything which will put Lankesh's life in danger.
Vibhsihan asks Sumali for suggestion. Sumali says that Sahastrarjun will listen only to sage Pulastya.

Vibhishan goes in Pushpak Viman to Shivdan to meet sage Pulastya.

Pulastya is angry that Ravan attacked Sahastrarjun in his arrogance. He is not ready to help Ravan. But Vibhishan pleads with him and calms him down. Finally, Pulastya agrees to talk to Sahastrarjun and free Ravan.

In Mahismati, Ravan is brought to Sahastrarjun's court. Sahastrarjun and Ravan look at each other. From Ravan's face, it is clear that his arrogance is still not over.
There is a saying in Hindi - Rassi jal gayi per bal nahi gaye.

Three charges are made against Lankesh Ravan:-
1. Lankesh entered restricted area of Mahismati without permission. This was a threat to Mahismati's security.
2. He and his uncles attacked securities.
3. Lankesh disguised himself and entered Sahastrarjun's bathm which is fully restricted.

It is initially recommended that death sentence be given to Ravan.
Sahastrarjun gives Ravan chance to speak. He wants Ravan to remember that Ravan is a defeated king and his life is in Sahastrarjun's hands.

Ravan says without any worries - Defeat does not mean that Ravan is a culprit and that his life is in the hands of a victorious king. Any king wants to expand his kingdom. I did the same but was unfortunately not successful. It is my life's aim to expand demon culture. Fulfilling one's aim is not punishable under any law. All the logicians have recommended Sam, Dam, Dand, Bhed. I did the same. Therefore, what I did is not punishable. I want to clarify that my arguments are not for any ruthless king.
Therefore, Lankesh Ravan is ready to face any punishment.

Sahastrarjun orders that Lankesh be given life imprisonment. But before he finishes, sage Pulastya arrives there. Sahastrarjun bows to him. Pulastya wants to talk to Sahastrarjun alone. Sahastrarjun asks his men to leave. Pulastya, Sahastrarjun and Ravan stay there.

Sage Pulastya - You took an unwise decision by imprisoning Ravan. The entire world knows about your strength. What more do you want to prove?

Sahastrarjun - I beg your forgiveness but do you know what he did? He insulted my honour.

Pulastya - Do not give arguments. Dashanan can make a mistake but you are mature. You knew your strength. Then, why did you not let him realize the truth? I know that Ravan challenged you and insulted you. But you knew the outcome. Then, why did you not befriend him? Free Dashanan. It is my order.
I do not agree with sage Pulastya here. Ravan would never have agreed to befriend Sahastrarjun unless Sahastrarjun agreed to adopt demon culture. And Ravan has no right to force Sahastrarjun to adopt any culture. In such a case, fight was inevitable. It is true that Sahastrarjun knew his own strength and knew that he would defeat Ravan but Ravan would never have accepted this unless he was defeated.

Sahastrarjun does the same. He frees Ravan. Pulastya wants that Sahastrarjun and Ravan should become friends. The two take the oath of friendship. Sahastrarjun takes the oath whole-heartedly but Ravan remembers how Sahastrarjun treated him. Sage Pulastya blesses them and says that this friendship should protect humanity.

Ravan comes back to Lanka. His messenger gives him the news of Sahastrarjun attacking the hermitage of Parashuram's father Jamadagni. This is the story he tells:-
Parashuram had gone out on a mission. Sahastrarjun's soldiers surrounded the hermitage. They want to take away Surabhi cow. Jamadagni refuses. Sahastrarjun's soldiers try to take away Surabhi by force. But they are defeated by the disciples of Jamadagni. Sahastrarjun comes to know of this. He goes to Jamadagni's hermitage with some of his soldiers but fights alone.He asks his soldiers to take Surabhi and all other cows. He easily defeats all the disciples of Jamadagni. Then Jamadagni and Sahastrarjun fight. Jamadagni is no match for Sahastrarjun and is defeated.
Episode ends.

Teachings from this episode:-
1. Never underestimate your enemies.
2. Decisions taken in haste are not good.
3. Learn from experienced people.

Best acting:-
I have seen the person doing the role of Sahastrarjun in some other serials. He is a very good actor. But, unfortunately, I do not know his name. He and Narein Jha - they both acted very well.

I find acting of the actors in this serial quite good. I wish they show more consistency in stories. If they do not want to follow popular stories, then at least the stories of this serial itself should be more consistent and proper sequence should be followed. War should be shown as more impressive.
Edited by akhl - 16 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

umi82990 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Hi. This was great!!
I really liked your blue comments!

The learnings were great! All the actors are great.
simi_1 thumbnail
thank you for your colorful update
Kal El thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Sahastrarjun is played by Shahbaaz Khan. He is the actor who played Haider Ali in The Sword of Tipu Sultan.

And thanks for the update akhl. 😊
sud_puni thumbnail
thanks for the update akhl
akhl thumbnail

Originally posted by: Kal El

Sahastrarjun is played by Shahbaaz Khan. He is the actor who played Haider Ali in The Sword of Tipu Sultan.

And thanks for the update akhl. 😊

Yes, thank you.😊 I was thinking that I knew his name but am now forgetting. He is a very good actor.
akhl thumbnail
I did not watch that Tipu Sultan serial. When was it shown?
I remember seeing Shahbaz Khan perhaps in some movie.Edited by akhl - 16 years ago
zamina02 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Thanks for the great update Akhl and your comments were very good.
Aradhana87 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Thanks for the detailed update.
Shahbaz Khan also starred in movies like : Mehndi,Aap mujhe achhe lagne lage.He is also portraying the role of baba in Naaginn(serial on zeetv). 😊
NewYorker thumbnail
I think he was in Saloni also.