surakshita thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

http://www.freepressjournal.in/11102007/Glam1.htm

Why Juhi dropped out of 'Nach Baliye'
By A L Chougule

Star India had approached Juhi Parmar twice to participate in 'Nach Baliye'. But the actress who loves dancing and whose career has zoomed to dizzying height of success, thanks Star Plus and 'Kumkum' could not take part in the earlier two seasons of the show because she doesn't have a partner in real life. Star was keen on having Juhi on the third season of the dance competition and hence the channel thought of a novel idea of finding a dance partner for her through auditions across the country. But when the same was announced on the show, the participants objected and the idea was dropped. With that Juhi's hope of doing the show came to an end.

Not the one to cry over lost opportunities, Juhi says she has taken the setback in her stride. "I don't have any regret," she says. "But I would have loved to do the show with a dance partner chosen through a talent hunt because the whole idea was to give a lay person an opportunity and platform to showcase his talent at the national level. It was a brilliant idea but the participants didn't take it positively. Since their response was negative, I decided not to do the show and the idea was dropped. It's really sad because a lay person has been denied a huge opportunity to perform in 'Nach Baliye'."

However, she maintains that tweaking the show's format is the channel's prerogative. "Star Plus could have ignored the participant's objection and gone ahead with the idea. But I didn't want to do the show as I would not have been able to work in a negative atmosphere," says Juhi, adding, "The participants felt that I was being given a special privilege. I didn't see any point in doing the show by making others unhappy." Talking about her single status despite a few link-ups, Juhi says she is single because she has never been into any relationship ever since she joined the television industry eight years ago.

"When I started doing serials I was too young to think of love and relationship. I concentrated on my work which has kept me completely occupied. I have enjoyed my journey and the work I have done. I don't think getting into any frivolous relationship leads you anywhere or contributes to your growth. In fact, I don't believe in a frivolous relationship. If I get into a relationship in future the motive will be marriage. Till then I am fine as a single woman," she elaborates. Not only she enjoys dancing but she also loves music and Juhi has had a great time co-hosting the two seasons of 'Antakshari' and is looking forward to doing the show's third season after a short break.

"Music is part of me and I can't say no to a show which is about music and songs," says Juhi who has just returned from a short vacation to Australia and is currently busy with her five-year-old afternoon daily 'Kumkum'.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

norzar thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
hi

thanks for this

wowwwwwwwww ju will be hosting antak 3rd session
yipeeeeeeeeeeeee she is the best

looking foward to it

norzar
tukz_REmix thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
wooooooooooooooooooooooow dis means dere WILL BE a 3rd season of ATGC...grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr8
preethi thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
i hope to u see her next week 😛
OodlesDoodles thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
thats good news..so maybe they are giving the short break so that the new shows can get some more footage
rock&roll thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
gr8 to know that there will be a 3rd season 😊
abcd_jpk thumbnail
THNKS N THIS NEW IS SO SO SO GOOOD N INSHALLAH SHE IS CM BK ANTAKSHARI IS 3RD SESSION N SHE DOING HER JOB VERY WELL SHE IS ROCKING N FABOLOUS OUTSTANDING
Hrithik_rocks thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
i dont like her a lot!!!i dont want her to host