Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kothra thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

miffed with Vishal Dadlani
By MIO Team
Oct 09, 2007, 10:14

'Ajab si' number from 'Om Shanti Om' has become the bone of contention between veteran lyricist Javed Akhtar and music composer Vishal Dadlani. Javed Akhtar is annoyed with Vishal for rewriting the 'Ajab si' number. He is miffed with music director duo Vishal-Shekhar for not using one of his songs in 'Om Shanti Om'. They instead preferred to go ahead with lyrics written by Vishal Dadlani. Protesting his anger Javed Akhtar did not attend the music release event of 'Om Shanti Om' despite being present at the same hotel that evening.

Javed Akhtar says, "It is not as if I am unhappy. I am aware that Vishal is doing the song, but I did not attend the music release because I had some problem with my shoulder. Yes, I was in the same hotel for another meeting, but then I was in a lot of pain and had to leave."

Vishal Dadlani also says something in tune, "Javedsaab was so kind to let me do the song and I don't think he is unhappy or has any complaints. We share a cordial and he has not said anything to me. I have no idea why he did not come to the event, or if he is unhappy about it. As far as we are concerned, there is no problem at all."

Copyright 2007 by MusicIndiaOnLine.com

Edited by kothra - 16 years ago
i'm too lazy to copy that link and paste it on the url ....

can u post the article too 😳 😆
HariOm thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Sorry I wasn't sure about the rules. Sometimes when I have pasted articles, I have received a reply from moderator not to copy and paste articles from other sites. Hence I just put the link.

But thanks Kothra.
oh i read that b4...heh...tnx for sharing tho... 😳

and tnx kothra for posting it 😛