rock&roll thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 16 years ago

WARNING::Read this if and only if u have time…I write a lot!!!

I'm writing my take on strategies and how ,I think it wld affect antakshari ….say,one year from now,if theses strategies were used continuously.ATGC   team will do anything that increases their TRPs.they will turn around only when the same rules results in reduction of TRPs..this may happen if such strategies are used continuously by the majority of the players.

If the use of strategies is carried on unlimitedly,the last 1-2 rounds will have no meaning.Soon,If Team A is leading Team B by 70 points in the full and final round(6 tunes played, +20  for right answer,-10 for wrong one),they shld not play the game any further. They shld not waste our  time and theirs. After  all,Team A will press the buzzer  6 times,  get -60(-10*6) and win by 10 ponts.  So why play at all??  During the movie clips round(+30,-15) , if Team A is leading B, by 100 points and 2 clips are left, they shld stop the game.  After all,team A will get -30 (15*2) in the last 2 clips and -60(-10*6) for the 6 dhuns and be winner…why play at all??this can be extended indefinitely… think abt it…….the game will have no meaning

PS:If ppl have read either this post or ,kindly let me know ur opinion. I wld appreciate it 😊,wld esp like to know ur opinion.,lydia.

Edited by rock&roll - 16 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

rock&roll thumbnail

WARNING::Read this if and only if u have time…I write a lot!!!

I'm writing my take on strategies and how ,I think it wld affect antakshari ….say,one year from now,if theses strategies were used continuously.ATGC   team will do anything that increases their TRPs.they will turn around only when the same rules results in reduction of TRPs..this may happen if such strategies are used continuously by the majority of the players.

If the use of strategies is carried on unlimitedly,the last 1-2 rounds will have no meaning.Soon,If Team A is leading Team B by 70 points in the full and final round(6 tunes played, +20  for right answer,-10 for wrong one),they shld not play the game any further. They shld not waste our  time and theirs. After  all,Team A will press the buzzer  6 times,  get -60(-10*6) and win by 10 ponts.  So why play at all??  During the movie clips round(+30,-15) , if Team A is leading B, by 100 points and 2 clips are left, they shld stop the game.  After all,team A will get -30 (15*2) in the last 2 clips and -60(-10*6) for the 6 dhuns and be winner…why play at all??this can be extended indefinitely… think abt it…….the game will have no meaning

PS:If ppl have read either this post or ,kindly let me know ur opinion. I wld appreciate it 😊,wld esp like to know ur opinion.,lydia.

toli thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I am surprised u were able to write abt strategy in Antakshari and include MRTP(Monopolies and Restrictive trade practices Act). 🤣 Sry abt laughing But After reading the parallels I was laughing 😆, But u have really analysed this very well. I really thought we think the same but after reading this I think u are in a league of your own. 😊

PS: to be taken in a light note no offense meant Anu 😊
rock&roll thumbnail

Originally posted by: toli

I am surprised u were able to write abt strategy in Antakshari and include MRTP(Monopolies and Restrictive trade practices Act). 🤣 Sry abt laughing But After reading the parallels I was laughing 😆, But u have really analysed this very well. I really thought we think the same but after reading this I think u are in a league of your own. 😊

PS: to be taken in a light note no offense meant Anu 😊

no offense taken 😊..... this thought of linking this with MRTP struck me only yesterday after having a debate at home.....with my husband supporting the strategy used by west 😊.We were debating this issue for a long time and one thing led to another.... we kept drawing parallels ... till ultimately i came up with this 😆.......

mini4frienz thumbnail
I don't condone using strategy in competitions.
The makers should have laid down such rules in the beginning and hosts should have encouraged positive things right from first episode which i am sorry to say I didn't think was done. And this is a personal opinion based on all the episodes and attitudes of the hosts.
And along with all other things one of the most important things to be taken care of in a children's show is equal treatment. I think adults should be fair before expecting high morals from kids.. and the way Ms. Juhi parmar displayed her bias was disgusting..
Just my opinion..
rock&roll thumbnail

Originally posted by: mini4frienz

I don't condone using strategy in competitions.
The makers should have laid down such rules in the beginning and hosts should have encouraged positive things right from first episode which i am sorry to say I didn't think was done. And this is a personal opinion based on all the episodes and attitudes of the hosts.
And along with all other things one of the most important things to be taken care of in a children's show is equal treatment. I think adults should be fair before expecting high morals from kids.. and the way Ms. Juhi parmar displayed her bias was disgusting..
Just my opinion..

wld agree with u partly.I agree that the makers of the show shld have taken and still have the scope to take the first steps to stop using such strategies.But they obviously don't seem to care.I guess once if a person wants to start a show on national TV ,he shld leave his morals behind 😊.And if we,as viewers want to watch such shows,we shld leave our morals behind too 😊.

yes,the primary fault lies with the makers.having said that I still believe that the using of these strategies by the kids was not acceptable.I wldn't be as harsh as to call it cheating...I wldn't as polite as to call it strategy...This is somewhere in between.And lastly,I was never a fan of Juhi Parmar.Felt she was strongly judgemental.The only time I appreciated wht she did was when she solely spoke out against the strategy used by west and central...and in my opinion,she did it with finesse without dramatics.again,a perosnal opinion 😊

mini4frienz thumbnail

Originally posted by: rock&roll

yes,the primary fault lies with the makers.having said that I still believe that the using of these strategies by the kids was not acceptable.I wldn't be as harsh as to call it cheating...I wldn't as polite as to call it strategy...This is somewhere in between.And lastly,I was never a fan of Juhi Parmar.Felt she was strongly judgemental.The only time I appreciated wht she did was when she solely spoke out against the strategy used by west and central...and in my opinion,she did it with finesse without dramatics.again,a perosnal opinion 😊

I would say she handled it well in finals with west but certainly not central when *north* lost to central where as in finals north were not in the race as much. in the last 2 tunes..  with central's strategy for me she almost bordered on vindictiveness.. her facial expressions were very harsh and she looked more angry because her fav team lost.. she made the kids feel horrible... and hated when she was never warm to them before.. you may see it differently but she was calm with west and was smiling and telling them they were wrong.. you can re watch central episode and decide for yourself..
this is not the way to teach by being spiteful to kids..
I would have cut some slack to her if she had behaved in the same way with north.. ethics/honesty dont come into picture only when situation is crucial.. whether it is 3rd day of the week's play or simple contest or semi final or final everytime children have to be told using strategy is a bad thing to do..
When north employed strategy had juhi pointed out how and why they were wrong she would or for that matter antakshari would have moral right to scold other teams..
And she once advised a team to use the same strategy i.e. press the buzzer regardless.. I am sure these kids saw those episodes and thought in antakshari doing such a thing is not cheating or cunning or anything.. its a normal thing to do..
And then in the kids episode *north* was the *first* to do it.. so the kids who came later may have seen that episode too.. And seeing Juhi parmar praise naveen on his presence of mind and brilliance and give a BIG smile to him their belief would have stregthened that its OK to do it..
And then after blantantly displaying ehr favouritism if she is mean to central I think they would be more hurt abt how she was good to north when they did it but not to them.. But I hope by the end of the show the kids learnt that they shouldnt do this in future.. It will be good lesson to them..
I hope central and west learn it.. and naveen too learns a lesson despite being praised for using strategy..

even I feel using strategy was not acceptable.. but what I am against is treating the kids differently for the same mistake all 3 did which the hosts and makers of the show did... I repeat naveen doing it on 3rd day of play, central in quarter finals and west in semi finals is SAME.. situation doesnt make it different.. And its wrong thing to teach kids that in this situation it was ok but in this its not...

having said that Rajeshwari was a breath of fresh air in antakshari celebrations.. she was dignified , spoke only what was needed, anu kapoor also got to speak and they were both good.... reminded of teh odl antakshari days when there was less drama....

rock&roll thumbnail

[

Originally posted by: mini4frienz

I would say she handled it well in finals with west but certainly not central when *north* lost to central where as in finals north were not in the race as much. in the last 2 tunes..  with central's strategy for me she almost bordered on vindictiveness.. her facial expressions were very harsh and she looked more angry because her fav team lost.. she made the kids feel horrible... and hated when she was never warm to them before.. you may see it differently but she was calm with west and was smiling and telling them they were wrong.. you can re watch central episode and decide for yourself..
this is not the way to teach by being spiteful to kids..
I would have cut some slack to her if she had behaved in the same way with north.. ethics/honesty dont come into picture only when situation is crucial.. whether it is 3rd day of the week's play or simple contest or semi final or final everytime children have to be told using strategy is a bad thing to do..
When north employed strategy had juhi pointed out how and why they were wrong she would or for that matter antakshari would have moral right to scold other teams..
And she once advised a team to use the same strategy i.e. press the buzzer regardless.. I am sure these kids saw those episodes and thought in antakshari doing such a thing is not cheating or cunning or anything.. its a normal thing to do..
And then in the kids episode *north* was the *first* to do it.. so the kids who came later may have seen that episode too.. And seeing Juhi parmar praise naveen on his presence of mind and brilliance and give a BIG smile to him their belief would have stregthened that its OK to do it..
And then after blantantly displaying ehr favouritism if she is mean to central I think they would be more hurt abt how she was good to north when they did it but not to them.. But I hope by the end of the show the kids learnt that they shouldnt do this in future.. It will be good lesson to them..
I hope central and west learn it.. and naveen too learns a lesson despite being praised for using strategy..

even I feel using strategy was not acceptable.. but what I am against is treating the kids differently for the same mistake all 3 did which the hosts and makers of the show did... I repeat naveen doing it on 3rd day of play, central in quarter finals and west in semi finals is SAME.. situation doesnt make it different.. And its wrong thing to teach kids that in this situation it was ok but in this its not...

having said that Rajeshwari was a breath of fresh air in antakshari celebrations.. she was dignified , spoke only what was needed, anu kapoor also got to speak and they were both good.... reminded of teh odl antakshari days when there was less drama....

i'd like to say,the post is very well written 👏...all along i thought I was the only one wrote so much here....but now seeing someone equally interested in writing makes me happy 😊

I agree with most of what u have written.Juhi was always biased towards specific teams......the only time i thought she wasn't judgemental was in the grand finale...and as u rightly pointed out,it was probably coz her favs(north)weren't in the reckoning for the race.I normally don't even voice this opinion,as this forum has die hard Juhi fans,who'll take up cudgels for her,but I totally agree that she is highly opinionated and has been so from day 1.

I agree she almost victimised the kids from central(astha and parag).When they used that strategy,she stayed with the north team and glared at central making them feel that they had commited a cardinal sin.And yes,i guess she did it coz north lost. The poor kids were so  confused.I also remember,in an earlier episode when central pressed the buzzer in the dhun round for the song'phirta rahon',she blamed them saying they'd played a  blind game.I mean in the dhun round,the idea is to press the buzzer fast..No point in blaming them for being quick(she really lost me there).and they also got the dhun,so i didn't see wht was her problem.I agree with u that maybe the reason for her controlled reaction in the grand finale was coz north was never in the running for the race.And Juhi also liked the team from the west,maybe not as much as she liked north,but she def liked them better than central and others!!

I also agree that she said north had used a brilliant strategy against west ..when navin pressed the buzzer .She even said'hum aapse yehi umeed karte hain'etc.But, though Juhi claimed that north had used a strategy i personally believe navin did not use any strategy there.There was a lot of diference in the situation under which navin pressed the buzzer and the situation of central and west.

In navin's case, a bumper dhun was played and they had to recognize it.As per the rules,the moment the musician starts playing the tune the buzzer can be pressed by any team .From the time the first chord is struck it is an open game.Whereas in wht central and west did,they pressed the buzzer before the specified time.No one was supposed to press the buzzer at that time.It was not an open game. 
     Secondly,if naveen wanted to use strategy in that round,he wld have pressed the buzzer as soon as the first sur was played and said he didn't know the song  and got -15.But he didn't do that.He waited for the first line of the song to be played.....which was ard 5-6 seconds.Thus he gave equal time to his opponents too to press the buzzer.He didn't press the buzzer and say i don't know the answer(wht central and west did)..he sang the mukhda and antara...he made a few mistakes in the antara and so lost points.he probably thought he cld get the antara right.
    If he hadn't recognized the song at all or had stopped with the mukhda alone,i'd say it was strategy..this was not strategy..it was normal play and a normal mistake........

But Juhi Parmar made it out to be a strategy.Navin did not say/do anything to indicate it was a strategy.In my opinion,he had played normally.If Juhi had personally  felt that what navin had done was strategic ,then instead of endorsing it she shld have reprimanded him.Juhi,by giving it the name of strategy and endorsing it with her stamp of approval indirectly paved the way for its use in future.And once,a a strategy is given  a stamp of approval it can be carried forward to any extent by any team.

so in a nutshell,wht i'm trying to say is that,The whole strategy thing came up coz of Juhi.I'm also against the use of strategies and after all this,i still believe that though wht west/central did scldn't be called cheating,it was not a nice and graceful way to victory....of course,all they did was use a loophole in the game to their advantage,but it was not a nice thing to do ..at least for me 😊...of course,the major fault lies with Juhi(for starting the whole thing)and the makers(for sitting quietly and watching it happen)

PS:yes,rageshwari is a breath of fresh air.But I fear Juhi will be back soon,this is only a temporary respite.😆