Oct. 2007 Videos & Written Updates

umi82990 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 16 years ago
October 5- Episode No : 44
Video: Ravan 6th Oct Video--Watch Online
Written:

This episode while proceeding with the story at a good pace, manages to be mediocre and exposes large gaps in the script. With a voice-overed soliloquey that echoes badly, Raavan arrives in May-lok and reconciles with Mandodari, who is upset by his second marriage. We finally get to see Mandodari  – but WHAT = not even a mention of her lost child – almost like the incident NEVER happened !!! They've totally lost that thread of the story and my hunch is that reintegrating it later is going to be eccentrically creative.

In Ayodhya, Ram and Lakshman bid farewell to their parents and leave with Vishwamitra. But what happened to Hanuman - who in the last episode decided to stay in Ayodhya with Ram ? Also completely disappeared ! 😕  Mirtavasu informs Raavan that Sahastra Arjun remains an obstacle to Raksh culture. Raavan resolves to attack Madhya-desh, but is upset when his uncles gather an army for the war. Raavan, feeling challenged that his uncles have little faith in his might, dismisses the army and decides the take on Sahastra Arjun single-handed and without military backup. This is a powerful scene and shows the narcissism and pride in Raavan's nature starting to impair his decisions.

Entering Mahishmati (the capital of Madhya-desh) Raavan and his uncles disguised as pilgrims seek an audience with Sahastra Arjun. Of course the disguise only consists of black shawls wrapped around their military regalia, and the producers expect that the viewers, like the guards of Mahishmati, never notice that pilgrims wear a kavach (body-armour) and heavy-duty military boots with ornate gold designs on them!🤣😡   Raavan's threat to commit suicide finally gets him into Sahastra Arjun's chambers where the latter is frolicking in his bath with maid-servants. A very kitsch looking cringe-worthy scene, only getting worse each minute with the hyena cackles and silly prattles of the dasis.  Sahastra Arjun pulls off Raavan's disguise and recognizes him, at which Raavan challenges him to a dual. A one-on-one combat follows which sees Raavan being defeated and dragged away in chains. A slow uninspired fight scene – at times bordering on homoerotic – yawn ! However despite being an episode with big holes, bad scripts and "badder" conceptualization – the saving grace is the last scene when Raavan dragged away fettered still manages to express his hurt of defeat with his regal pride thro his expressive eyes. Good job Mr Jha! – You beginning to grow on me.👏 Indian serials shud start to pay attention to detail to shake off their reputation of shoddy complacency.  

October 12- Episode No : 45
Video: Ravan 13th Oct --Watch Online
Written:
Same as October 5.

October 19- Episode No : 46
Video: Ravan 20th Oct--Watch Online
Written:
Dhumraksh has run away. Prahast comes to him. Prahast thinks that they should have stayed there and tried to save Ravan. Dhumraksh justifies running away by saying that if they also stayed there, then they also would have been captured. Then who could save Ravan?

Akampan and Dand are not seen. Prahast and Dhumraksh are worried that Akampan and Dand might have been captured. Prahast suggests that they should attack Sahastrarjun with full army.
They go to Lanka to give the information. There is pandemonium in Lanka over the news. People are telling each other that Ravan has been taken prisoner.

Vibhishan gives speech.
Vibhshan - It is a matter of shame for us that the king of Lanka, before whom even the bravest bowed, has been taken prisoner.

Vibhishan - This is a time of crisis. We should think calmly what to do. Before taking a decision, I want to know your opinions.

Kumbhkaran - This is not the time to know opinions. This is not only the time to sit quietly. Sahastrarjun has challended us for war. Now, war is the only solution.

Soldiers there are excited to go on war.

Malyavan - Kubhkaran, you do not know Sahastrarjun's power. We will not repeat the mistake that Ravan made.

But Kumbhakaran is adamant to go on war. Malyavan says that Vibhishan holds the rule in Lanka and, therefore, he should take the decision.
Guru Shukracharya agrees with Malyavan.

Shukracharya - In the time of crisis, we should use patience and wisdom. Whatever is done should be done with the consent of the ruler.

Kumbhkaran does not agree and is ready to go to attack Sahastrarjun. Sumali comes there and stops Sahastrarjun.

Sumali - Nobody can match Sahastrarjun and his army's power. He can do anything. You should not do anything which will put Lankesh's life in danger.
Vibhsihan asks Sumali for suggestion. Sumali says that Sahastrarjun will listen only to sage Pulastya.

Vibhishan goes in Pushpak Viman to Shivdan to meet sage Pulastya.

Pulastya is angry that Ravan attacked Sahastrarjun in his arrogance. He is not ready to help Ravan. But Vibhishan pleads with him and calms him down. Finally, Pulastya agrees to talk to Sahastrarjun and free Ravan.

In Mahismati, Ravan is brought to Sahastrarjun's court. Sahastrarjun and Ravan look at each other. From Ravan's face, it is clear that his arrogance is still not over.

Three charges are made against Lankesh Ravan:-
1. Lankesh entered restricted area of Mahismati without permission. This was a threat to Mahismati's security.
2. He and his uncles attacked securities.
3. Lankesh disguised himself and entered Sahastrarjun's bathm which is fully restricted.

It is initially recommended that death sentence be given to Ravan.
Sahastrarjun gives Ravan chance to speak. He wants Ravan to remember that Ravan is a defeated king and his life is in Sahastrarjun's hands.

Ravan says without any worries - Defeat does not mean that Ravan is a culprit and that his life is in the hands of a victorious king. Any king wants to expand his kingdom. I did the same but was unfortunately not successful. It is my life's aim to expand demon culture. Fulfilling one's aim is not punishable under any law. All the logicians have recommended Sam, Dam, Dand, Bhed. I did the same. Therefore, what I did is not punishable. I want to clarify that my arguments are not for any ruthless king.
Therefore, Lankesh Ravan is ready to face any punishment.

Sahastrarjun orders that Lankesh be given life imprisonment. But before he finishes, sage Pulastya arrives there. Sahastrarjun bows to him. Pulastya wants to talk to Sahastrarjun alone. Sahastrarjun asks his men to leave. Pulastya, Sahastrarjun and Ravan stay there.

Sage Pulastya - You took an unwise decision by imprisoning Ravan. The entire world knows about your strength. What more do you want to prove?

Sahastrarjun - I beg your forgiveness but do you know what he did? He insulted my honour.

Pulastya - Do not give arguments. Dashanan can make a mistake but you are mature. You knew your strength. Then, why did you not let him realize the truth? I know that Ravan challenged you and insulted you. But you knew the outcome. Then, why did you not befriend him? Free Dashanan. It is my order.

Sahastrarjun does the same. He frees Ravan. Pulastya wants that Sahastrarjun and Ravan should become friends. The two take the oath of friendship. Sahastrarjun takes the oath whole-heartedly but Ravan remembers how Sahastrarjun treated him. Sage Pulastya blesses them and says that this friendship should protect humanity.

Ravan comes back to Lanka. His messenger gives him the news of Sahastrarjun attacking the hermitage of Parashuram's father Jamadagni. This is the story he tells:-
Parashuram had gone out on a mission. Sahastrarjun's soldiers surrounded the hermitage. They want to take away Surabhi cow. Jamadagni refuses. Sahastrarjun's soldiers try to take away Surabhi by force. But they are defeated by the disciples of Jamadagni. Sahastrarjun comes to know of this. He goes to Jamadagni's hermitage with some of his soldiers but fights alone.He asks his soldiers to take Surabhi and all other cows. He easily defeats all the disciples of Jamadagni. Then Jamadagni and Sahastrarjun fight. Jamadagni is no match for Sahastrarjun and is defeated.
Episode ends.

Teachings from this episode:-
1. Never underestimate your enemies.
2. Decisions taken in haste are not good.
3. Learn from experienced people.

October 26- Episode No : 47
Video: Ravan 26th Oct Video--Watch Online
Written:
Brief Story
  • Ravan meets Parashuram and says that he would like to help Parashuram in taking revenge against Sahastrarjun. Parashuram says that Ravan should honour his friendship with Sahastrarjun.
  • After some thinking, Parashuram sends Ravan to help sage Matang.
  • Matang does not need any help but to honour Ravan's wish, he tells him that he is troubled by Baali.
  • Matang introduces a low caste woman Shabri to Ravan. Shabri is a very good cook. Matang and Shabri are worried that Ravan may not eat food cooked by Shabri because Shabri is of a low caste. Ravan says that caste does not matter to him as he wants equality.
  • Ravan defeats Sugreev and other monkeys there. Then Baali and Ravan fight. Baali wins. Baali tells Sugreev that Ravan is mightier but Baali won because he sucked half strength of Ravan by using a boon granted to Baali.
  • Ravan is not seen. Matang, Kumbhkaran and Baali are searching for him.
  • Ravan is alone. He is wondering why he was defeated.

Detailed Story
Dhumil continues the story:-
Parashuram comes to know of his father's death by Sahastrarjun. He gets angry and decides to fight Sahastrarjun. Parashuram's disciples ask him if they can also come along.
Parashuram - No. This fight is not only against Sahastrarjun but against inhumanity. Parashuram is himself a power. That power who can kill thousands of Sahastrarjun's. This power will eliminate such wicked people from the world. This is my vow. Jamadagni's son Parashuram's vow.

Parashuram goes to Jamadagni's ashram.

Dumil(to Ravan) - Parashuram has vowed to kill Sahastrarjun. His axe/
Ravan - And my sword also. These two will be raised against Sahastrarjun together.

Ravan goes to meet Parashuram. The yajna for providing peace to Jamadagni's soul is going on. Ravan joins the prayer. After some time Parashuram opens his eyes and sees Ravan.

Parashuram - This yajna will go on for 11 days.
Ravan - I could not stop myself from coming here when I heard the sad news. Before this, he made me captive.
Parashuram - But the outcome of that incident was good. Two powers became friends. Sahastrarjun and Ravan's friendship.
Ravan - But this friendship was my compulsion. I just obeyed my grandfather Pulstya.
Parashuram - No need to give any explanation. I have no problem with this friendship.
Ravan - But I have not accepted it with my heart.
Parashuram - When you have made friendship, then you should accept it.
(This is very noble. Parashuram is ready to be at good terms with Ravan even if Ravan is Prashuram's enemy's friend.)
Ravan - But he insulted me. So long I remember this insult, the friendship between him and me is not possible. I want to help you in taking revenge upon Sahastrarjun. I want to take revenge of the death of sage Jamadagni, who was like a father to me.
(Sahastrarjun cannot be blamed for Ravan's insults. Ravan himself went to Mahismati and desired to fight Sahastrarjun. Sahastrarjun fulfilled Ravan's wish.)
Parashuram - For whom?
Ravan - For you.
(Actually it is for Ravan himself. But Ravan does not want to accept it.)
Parashuram - I do not need your help because I am sufficient. When you have made friendship, then do not become a blot on that friendship. You fulfill your friendship and let me fulfill my enmity.

Ravan (thinks) - I have to take revenge upon Sahastrarjun anyhow.
Parashuram - If you want to help, then go to Tridisiyamul mountain and help sage Matang.

Ravan comes to sage Matang's hermitage. When Matang comes to know this, then he asks his disciples to be ready with their weapons.
Ravan meets Matang.
Ravan - Parashuram has sent me here.
Matang becomes happy on hearing this. He asks his disciples to leave them alone.
Matang - Sorry, I thought something else about you.
Ravan - Does Ravan always wage wars? If I had to do war, would I do against you? You are my ideal Parashuram's friend. Therefore, I respect you. I have been sent here to help you. Perhaps, you are in trouble.
Matang - No, there is no problem.
Ravan - Tell me without any hesitation.
Matang - Kiskindha's king Bali is my enemy. He wants to siege my hermitage.
Ravan - I will make him a prisoner and bring him in front of you.\
Matang tells Ravan how powerful Bali is but Ravan is confident of defeating Bali.
Matang calls a woman disciple Shabri and asks her to bring food for Ravan. Shabri hesitates because she is from a lower caste. Matang also thinks that Ravan may not like to eat anything brought by Shabri. He says this to Ravan.
Ravan - This means you do not know Ravan. Ravan wants equality, which transcends caste, creed and religion. Now, I will not go without eating food prepared by Shabri.
Shabri is thrilled to hear this. She thanks Ravan.
(The story of Ram eating bair(a fruit) given by Shabri is famous. May be creatives got the idea of Ravan eating the food from the story of Ram and Shabri. Or, may be there is really some version of Ramayan in which there is story of Ravan eating the food prepared by Shabri.)

In Kiskindha, Sugreev is instructing other monkeys to practice warfare. They have tail but considering the rest of their body, they look like human beings. Ravan comes there, attacks Sugreev from behind and holds him. Sugreev tries to free himself but is unable to. Other monkeys try to help Sugreev but they are easily defeated by Ravan.
Ravan - Accept your defeat, Baali.
Sugreev - You defeated me by cheating. But you can only dream of defeating my brother Baali. I am his younger brother. He is doing his evening puja. If you do not love your life, then I will take you to king Bali.

Sugreev takes Ravan to Baali. Baali is doing puja. He looks completely like a human being and not a monkey. Even his tail is not seen. Sugreev asks Ravan not to interrupt the puja. But Ravan does not listen and goes behind Baali. Baali sees Ravan.
Ravan - I want war against you. I will curb your ego. Your ego has become problem for sage Matang.
Sugreev - He has come here to test his strength, brother. Fulfill his wish.
Ravan - Not to test my strength, but I have come here to defeat you, Baali.

Ravan and Baali argue for some time. Then they are ready to fight. Ravan says that he does not want usage of any weapon and wants wrestling.
They wrestle. During wrestling, Baali's face becomes that of a monkey and his tail is also seen. I think this was shown to tell us that those monkeys could change form. Initially, Ravan seems to have upper hand. Then Baali looks at Ravan for some time. After that Baali easily defeats Ravan. Ravan accepts defeat but says that finally Ravan will definitely win.

Ravan leaves. Sugreev laughs at him. Baali asks Sugreev to keep quiet.
Baali - Ravan is mightier than me. Using the boon given to me, I sucked half of his strength and thus I won. In your eyes, I have won. But, in reality, I have lost. Hey Lankesh, Baali bows to your strength.

On his way, Ravan sees some people doing puja. He sees something, which makes him feel that they are pretending. He threatens them.

In his hermitage, Parashuram is explaining why he uses weapons.
Parashuram - Religion cannot be protected by begging. Therefore, I have picked weapons against injustice. For the secutity of entire humanity, I must kill Sahastrarjun. He killed great sage like Jamadagni. Before he kills another great man, I must kill him.

Matang meets Parashuram.
Matang - You sent Ravan to help me. I did not need any help but, to honour his wishes, I sent him to Baali. He was not only defeated, but he is also missing. I do not know where he went.
Parashuram - Do not worry about Ravan. I saw his ego and that is why I sent him to you. I knew the result already. Leave the rest on future.

Sage Matang(to his disciples) - I trust sage Parashuram completely. But it is our duty to search Ravan because he was defeated for my sake. It is a historic defeat.

In Lanka:-
Shukracharya - There is no news of Lankesh.

Kumbhkaran decides to meet Baali.
Malyavan - Request Baali to free Ravan if he has imprisoned Ravan. Do not challenge him.
Kumbhkaran - I cannot make request to enemies. If he has imprisoned my brother, then I will kill him.
Sumali - Your aim is to find Ravan and not to kill Baali.
Shukracharya - You should also think what you will do if you do not get any news of Ravan in Kiskindha.
Kumbhkaran - I will take decision depending on the situation.

Kumbhkaran meets Baali and threatens him.
Baali - I am also searching Ravan. Baali respects warriors and does not humiliate them. I am not Ravan's enemy. He considered me as his enemy. You search him. I will also search. Have patience. I am sure we will find him.

Ravan is alone. He is neck-deep inside water. He is wondering why he was defeated. He vows to convert this defeat into victory and also decides to find the answer to why he was defeated.

Morales:-
  • Caste, color, creed of a person are not important. Shabri was a great woman even though she belonged to a low caste.
  • Do not be overconfident because of ego. Ravan was overconfident of defeating Baali.
  • Respect good qualities of even your enemies. Baali won the wrestling but he still respected Ravan's strength.

Edited by umi82990 - 16 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Jaymin01 thumbnail
guys wheres the videos please?
akhl thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Oct 12th episode was the same as that of Oct 5. I think this is the third time an episode in US has been repeated.
Edited by akhl - 16 years ago
umi82990 thumbnail
The written updates have been updated. I am still trying to find a reliable video updater!!
akhl thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
sonyfan28 has posted video link. She posts videos for all episodes now. Thanks to her.
Edited by akhl - 16 years ago
shona. thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
thx uma the link is very useful n thx to all updaters for giving fantastic video n written updates 😉
u guys r doing a fantastic job keep it up!!!
umi82990 thumbnail
All the October 2007 videos and written updates have been posted.

Topic Closed.