*~DOTW - Ron Weasley and the...~*

ammmu thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

Helloooooo to all the HPians!! 🤗

Title padhne ke baad, dariye mat doston!😉

Here's a very simple question for you all -

What if the books were never Harry Potter?

What if they were...
-
Ron Weasley and the Chamber of Secrets
- Hermione Granger and the Goblet of Fire
- Dobby and the Order of the Phoenix
- Neville Longbottom and The Philosopher's Stone

Keep in mind that these characters will have their own qualities, not those of Harry's.. how would this be different? What if Harry was a part of the trio, but not the main character, and someone else took place - how would you read the books differently? Or would you look at them in a different persepective at all?

Sochiye, sochiye, and then......... post!😃

Have fun,
Love, HP Dev Team
Sam, Manshi, Harshu, Misha, Ammu

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-misha thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Brilliant Post Ammu... 👏

If the books were never called Harry Potter, then i don't think that i would have ever read them...because i love Harry for who his character and qualities....If i Harry was prt of the trio, then maybe i would have read them, but Harry seems to be the perfect image for the lead role... 😃
Eloquent thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Aah well...the thing with Harry is that not only is he perfect as a leader both for the Trio and as a general leader...but also he's perfect for the POV thingy.

Lets just compare with the Trio only...

Hermione is extra observant but she won't go into the wilder theories and will stick to facts. And ofcourse she doesn't really get into as much scrapes and illegal circumstances as Harry does

Ron is a complete goner 😆 😆 he's under observant sometimes...needs to be explained by both of them before he realises what they're thinking of 😆

So getting a Hermione or Ron point of view wouldn't really give the reader the complete information on other character's behaviour or the locations and all that.

Harry,who unites both Hermione and Ron's strong points in a way...s perfect to be the main POV.

Well....even then, I am highly interested to read a book from Hermione's POV! I have read fanfics on books 4,5,6 from Hermione's POV which were soo damn interesting to read too!

Ron's POV...he's okay but not that interesting for me! 😉

And yeah, I have read book 1 from Neville's perspective as well...and that fanfic was superbly written as well and it really brought out Neville's character well 👏 👏

And there was OotP from Luna's perspective...which hilarious and heart-breaking! 😳

The only one remaining is Ginny and her ordeal in the CoS but I haven't come across a fanfic which does justice to it!
Mini786 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Ahhh Interesting!

Well as Harshu said that they each have the different qualities!

Hermoine isn't daring enough, wait that didnt come out rite, she is very daring and very brave, but she doesnt think outside teh box enough.

Ron, is well Ron! He is just himself!

Neville is smart, very smart actually and you find out about all that in the last few books!

Dobby is a bit ummm reckless? Brave, no doubt about it!

Luna is crazy and a awsome character!

I would actually love to read in their POV's it would b totally different, awsome but different! The whole prospect would change, because Harry didnt have parents, but hermoine and ron do, It would kind of b teh same as Harry's for Neville, whose parents dont even recognize him!

😃

-Mahak-
legallyzoya thumbnail
i like Harrys charectar n all
but then if it was never Harry- then we wouldnt have missed him na...
because we wld never experience him as the ''CHOSEN ONE'
nice topic.... 😊
-Krupa- thumbnail
i would love to read them from a different perspective!..

from Rons PoV-it would be the funny one, totally confusing one!
from hermys PoV-all facts, wonder whats going on her head, like say her first thought about Ron when they net on the train..it would be witty but really bossy & non-fictional!

& you can assume what other would be like..it would be fun to read!
madu1006 thumbnail
i would like to read them
it would be different
to read