!!!!!!DOTW!!!!!!(Discussion of the Week)

toli thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

🤗  Welcome ATGCians🤗

Hello Friends  😊  Welcome to Discussion of the Week since we know they are gone to start another series ...So letz discuss what u would like to see in the next series......

1)The first series was Rishton ka Antakshari, then came Little star series so what series(or who) would u like to see playing next?

2)Do u want the same hosts or host to continue or replace them?

3)What are the changes u like to see in the new series a) the players b)the research team c) hosting the show  d)the rounds

Now letz come to the current series Who do u think is :

4) The most deserving to win?why?

5) Most likely to win? why?

please participate and write all u want i know most of the questions are already asked and answered ones but thought of knowing ur veiws in the last week of ATGC LS.....

Letz keep the discussions healthy please dont be offensive and no personal attacks on others views.😊

Thanks

Toli😊

Edited by toli - 16 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

OodlesDoodles thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
great questions lydia...will be back tomorrow with answers as its late today 😳
rock&roll thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
gr8 topic 👏 will certainly be back with my opinions....after all it'll take me some time to type them down 😆
rock&roll thumbnail
gr8 topic 👏 will certainly be back with my opinions....after all it'll take me some time to type them down  😆 Edited by rock&roll - 16 years ago
~PuNk PrInCeSs~ thumbnail

Originally posted by: toli

1)The first series was Rishton ka Antakshari, then came Little star series so what series(or who) would u like to see playing next?

maybe teenagers..

i would like 2 see diff hosts..p'bably younger

3)What are the changes u like to see in the new series a) the players b)the research team c) hosting the show  d)the rounds

the research team..they make so many blunders..

4) The most deserving to win?why? naveen n juhi..because naveen has worked so ahrd n is p'bably the most talented of the lot because all tams have  2 players contributing 2 their victory while naveen is the sole player or NKS

5) Most likely to win? why? same as #4

AmazingHuh thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Great topic for discussion Lydia.. I will come back n edit this portion with my answers as soon as I find time..
OodlesDoodles thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7

I would like to see Kharmachari Special by that i mean the postman, telephone operators etc

I would like to see Anu Kapoor continue but Juhi nah ..She is better as kumkum😳

The players I don't think we can bring any changes after all they are the stars so however they are we are going to have to accept it and that only is fair

the research team surely needs help...they seem to be maybe a new time as the blunders are too many. In the past we did see some but it was far inbetween but these days every day we can pick something and its not that it was on something that was ambiguous but on something easy and should not be done

hosting the show surely needs work too....annu kapoor has no energy in him currently ...he was known was outrageous movements and dances but we have not got to see any...forget that we have not got to see even him speak ...juhi seems to be the doing whatever she wants while anu seems like a puppet...would like to see that change...the space needs to be shared equally

rounds...no change as its always been innovative and interesting...we need to appreciate the work put it especially if u watch titan antakshari the rounds there are similiar but do not have the fun

Its really difficult to say as all teams are really good...some are stronger then the others and some have lady luck.

5) Most likely to win? why?

All i can say may the best team win. As they are all kids and have done outstanding so far i think that itself means they are all winners in their own

Had a good time answering the questions toli...i did end up answering one question a little longer..maybe anu's influence is rubbing in😆
rock&roll thumbnail

Welcome ATGCians

From what hardic had written on IF,I understand there might be a college special next. And i think this is a good idea. Something I'd def like to watch. other than that I'd like to watch a star special(just one week) consisting of famous and young playback singers/music directors.I know they already had one, but they didn't(cldn't) bring in the ppl who r really good at antakshari(with the exception of a handful like jaspinder narula.) I belive that if they have a star episode with younger stars ,they'd participate more enthusiastically and the competition wld be good.I'd like to see top ppl like sonu,shaan,sunidhi,shreya,.... and maybe Vishal Shekhar etc......I also know it will never happen!!

Annu kapoor shld remain.And as priya has pointed out,he shld particpate more enthusiastically.Juhi kind of overpowers him,I think he needs to get to say more . The female anchor badly needs to be replaced.As to who shld come there,I don't know.......I know I suggested Sunidhi Chauhan once,but her fee may be too high.But otherwise,I think she might a good job.Or,they cld conduct a nationwide search for the host.That wld be publicity for the show too

The players will,of course,change in a new series which is fine.

The existing research team needs to take  a walk.A new research team shld be put in their place  …. And they shld have a really good knowledge of songs,esp new ones.

With change the hosts,the pattenr of hosting wld also change.The new female anchor wld be a tough person to find.She shld host in such a way that she and annu kapoor share everything 50-50 or 60-40.She shld make her presence felt and yet not overpower/dominate.She shld be unbiased.And,of course,she shldn't have giveaway expressions and actions.Last but not the least,an excellent knowledge of new songs.

The rounds:Most of the rounds are good.their creative team is pretty good and comes up with new rounds every time.The scoring patterns need to change.They shld do away with this pagalpan of 'baithe bithaye ank gavana'.that is the dumbest thing I heard.As  I'd already pointed out,any negative points a team gets on pressing the buzzer wrong shld be at least 50% of the points they cld've gained….it shld not be less than 50%.otherwise teams will be tempted to press the buzzer to spoil the other teams' chances

In these new rounds where they say,teams shld not press the buzzer before a certain time(as in chuk chuk ruk ruk where fur words used to appear and in full and final where the name of the movie appears in the dhun),they shld have  some sort of electronic indication.What I mean is,they should have some sort of a green light or something that will shine once all four words have come up/once the tune has been played and stopped.In case a tune is being played, the musician playing it cld have a control button which he wld press as soon as he finishes playing the tune which wld lead to the flickering of the light.Teams who press the buzzer before the light comes on, will get -10 .Teams who press the buzzer before the musician even presses the button get -20.The reason I'm giving this idea is…..it will eliminate things like wht central did in the QF. Secondly it will,reduce ambiguity on whether the song being played had stopped etc.Flickering of a light is clear and unambigious, stopping of a tune being played can be ambiguous.

The reason I'm saying this is,today I believe west pressed the buzzer early in the 'kuch na kaho' song.They shld have got  –ve points,but due to ambiguity of the system,they got the benefit of doubt and got + points.Though the musician had stopepd playing the tune,the guy playing the rhythm was still continuing when they pressed the buzzer.But the musician said he had  finished his part..so they got + points. These things can be very ambiguous.Something like  a light or one sound(like a bell) wld be  a clearer indication.

Regarding rounds,I came up with a few ideas for new rounds.

Round 1:Hide and Seek/lukka chuppi

Here  a visual of a song/movie(if they want the round to be tougher)shld be shown.the hero and heroine's face shld be blacked out.The contestants shld guess the hero and heroine and sing a song of  the same hero with another heroine from another movie.!!!howzzat???

Round 2:Take ur pick(lack of a better name)/aapki choice

A tune is played.The contestants shld sing another song with the same combination of either singer and music director or actor and music director from another movie.This will be a tough round.For eg….if chand chupa badal mein is played.the actors are aish and salman,music director:ismail durbar,singers:udit narain and alka yagnik.He shld sing another song of ismail durbar which is either sung by udit narain(who chand jaisi ladki)or a song of ismail durbar picturised on salman/aishwaya(all songs from devdas).The music director shld be the same(which is wht makes the round  a little tough).The contestants can choose their pick from actor/singer.

Round 3:Title song

A song will be played from a movie.They shld recognize the movie ad sing its title song.

Round 4:chahe biwi ho ya bacha,baap ya maiya!!!

A clipping from a movie will be shown.The contestants shld sing a song picturised and lip synched on any relative of the hero/heroine of that movie.To make this round more difficult,the hero/heroine shld not be shown.A clipping from that movie where the heroine doesn't appear shld be shown.eg)shahrukh's introductory scene in DDLJ.the heroine is kajol.So then,the contestants wil have to sing a song picturised on rani/tanuja/nutan/tanisha.

I think that's enuf.At his rate,I'll join the Antakshari team!!!

Navin.

He does everything singlehandedly.He learns from his mistakes and works on his minus points.He minus point was old songs,but now he has improved tremendously there.He also showed remarkable improvement in yahoo round.

He is very knowledgeable and plays like a pro.Seemingly unrattled by his mistakes and maintains his cool.

Rashmi and Anuja are equally deserving winners…they work as  a team,stay cool are very knowledgeable in old and new songs and have a very good rapport and understanding.

5) Most likely to win? why?West/Maybe Central ….a single man can only go so far.If he falters,he shld have backup.One man can't give an exemplary performance on all 4 days.He needs to have his partner back him up on a bad day/bad moment.Navin doesn't have this.If his luck runs out,he'll lose.Logically speaking,the odds are against him.

Central cld win coz they have very strong second in commands.Their help cld prove to be crucial in the final rounds.Navin has already lost 30 points becoz of Central SECs.

if they dont start another series this will be the last DOTW so please participate and write all u want i know most of the questions are already asked and answered ones but thought of knowing ur veiws in the last week of ATGC LS.....

Letz keep the discussions healthy please dont be offensive and no personal attacks on others views.

Thanks

Toli

Gr8 discussion topic,Lydia.Hada nice time writing down my views,esp on the new rounds

Originally posted by: priya.nair

.i did end up answering one question a little longer..maybe anu's influence is rubbing in😆

.Good to know that my nonsense talk is actually rubbing off on ppl here😆.When I joined this forum,I was not sure if my posts wld even be given decent consideration.Some improvement.I shld give myself a pat on the back 😆

toli thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
                                                            🤗  Welcome ATGCians🤗

Hello Friends  😊 

hmmmm.. I haven't given it much thought but College kids one will be good....😊

I want Annuji to stay for Juhi this Grand finale she did ok with the hosting job if she can be unbaised and brush up on new songs she should be ok..,But i would love to see Neeti hosting the show, Just coz of her knowledge and i also felt she had a warm personality and i think she will be a great host.😊

a) Well the players will change obviously, but i would like to see teams with parteners of equal knowledge or atleast contributing partners not just the sing along ones.....( really feel if Navin had a better partner he wouls have won😃, sry Juhi jr fans she was really sweet.....)

b)Oh please as Hrithika rightly said in one of her topics go get another job(current research team).......They should  find a resonable research team with good knowledge of old and new songs....

c)Hosting yes although i like Annuji i felt in the little star serires he was there for namesake.....I want both hosts to do equal contribution no one man shows.....

d) the Rounds they have now are very creative and challenging, if they can make a rule so if a team presses the buzzer just to keep their opponent from scoring they(team who pressed the buzzer) get negetive points...I know thatz not possible but that will keep players from trying to cheat themselves to victory( sry abt saying cheat but i really feel u can never justify these things as strategy..it is so not fair...)

4) The most deserving to win?why? Navin ofcourse He really was a good sport and played well except for SF i felt him being Mad at little Juhi made him loose the SF. Even after that i feel he deserves to win coz when first time they lost after 5 weeks his exit  was the most graceful one he left like a rockstar i felt that show was the one where Navin had most fun...well I have made my point...

5) Most likely to win? why? West or Central either of them coz they have the knowledge and have a very good team work both players from the teams support each other very well and they have second in command who have equal knowledge as them......

Thanks

Toli😊

Edited by toli - 16 years ago
rock&roll thumbnail

Welcome

But i would love to see Neeti hosting the show, Just coz of her knowledge and i also felt she had a warm personality and i think she will be a great host.😊

that was a great idea,lydia.How cld i have overlooked neeti.She wld make  a great host.