DOTW:Makeover:Was it really needed?

Ambrosia thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 16 years ago

Its a stupid question to ask, as we already went through this phase once..πŸ˜›

there was a different excitement then when her fringes,braces,specs were being removed one by oneπŸ˜›.. but once the makeover happened it seemed she had a mental makeover as well...she was no more the emotionally mental Jassi who made a special place in our hearts..she cared more of herself.. she lost her brainpower as well.. πŸ˜•πŸ˜•

Why did she go for a makeover on the first place?πŸ˜• Armaan and Mallika didnt care of her looks...nor did she care for them while leaving GM...

Armaan was ready to accept her the way she was. he fell in love with the chashmish chuhiya..and never did he ask her to wear sexy cloths nor did he ask her to replace Gulmohur models for him..

Infact Purab also loved her the way she was.. Nandu/Billu/bebe/Amrit never showed any objections on her looks..why did she she choose to let go of her simplicity and most importantly BRAINS.πŸ˜•πŸ˜•

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jyoti06 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 8

I actually think the Makeover in Jassi was a bit overhyped ...
I mean its very natural that every girl goes through a makeover in her life as every girl wants to look beautiful after a certain age 😳 ..but here the reason for Jassi's makeover was never clear actually πŸ˜•

Its not that she wanted to hv a makeover 😳 ,she was actually forced into a makeover by Nandini Maam ...Nandini and Purab both gave Jassi the impression that without being beautiful she can't achieve anything and unfortunately Jassi fell for that trap .. (Purab even though gave the impression that he has accepted the chamish Jassi but if that was the case then he would hv never ran away on the engagement dayπŸ˜‰,If he was getting engaged to Jessica instead of Jassi,would he run away kya??πŸ˜‰NeverπŸ˜ƒ)

Jassi went for her makeover because she wanted to prove her innocence in front of her family(when mallika accused her of stealing money from gulmohar )and she thought she can't dress up as Jassi and go in gulmohar or else instead of gulmohar she will land up in Jail mohar πŸ˜† ..that was the time when she decided to become the beautiful Jessica Bedi and went to Goa for her more complete and detailed makeover 😳...

But I still think there was no need for jassi to hide her real self in the name and face of Jessica Bedi when she knew that she was innocent 😊...By becoming Jessica Bedi she actually proved Mallika ,Nandini,Purab and many such nut cases right πŸ˜† that If u r beautiful only then the world will listen to u and will fall on your feet    

Edited by jyoti06 - 16 years ago
Ambrosia thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: jyoti06

I actually think the Makeover in Jassi was a bit overhyped ...
I mean its very natural that every girl goes through a makeover in her life as every girl wants to look beautiful after a certain age 😳 ..but here the reason for Jassi's makeover was never clear actually πŸ˜•

Its not that she wanted to hv a makeover 😳 ,she was actually forced into a makeover by Nandini Maam ...Nandini and Purab both gave Jassi the impression that without being beautiful she can't achieve anything and unfortunately Jassi fell for that trap .. (Purab even though gave the impression that he has accepted the chamish Jassi but if that was the case then he would hv never ran away on the engagement dayπŸ˜‰,If he was getting engaged to Jessica instead of Jassi,would he run away kya??πŸ˜‰NeverπŸ˜ƒ)

Purab's departure is actully a big confusion.. and i will say its still a mystry.. ever since he entered Jassi's life he was after her.. he liked her the way she was.. also agreed to get married to the chashmish jassi.. but the letter that he left for jassi b4 leaving was really mysterious.. it was as if someone else typed it out and had the mark of Purab..I dun think so he was such a guy who looked for external beauty.. knowing he himself was a chashmishπŸ˜†..

Jassi went for her makeover because she wanted to prove her innocence in front of her family(when mallika accused her of stealing money from gulmohar )and she thought she can't dress up as Jassi and go in gulmohar or else instead of gulmohar she will land up in Jail mohar πŸ˜† ..that was the time when she decided to become the beautiful Jessica Bedi and went to Goa for her more complete and detailed makeover 😳...

Not actully.. she knew abt all the accusations on her only after her makeover.. before that she was helping nandini maan with the Contest at mauritious.. she wasnt aware abt the occurings at GMπŸ˜•... When she came back after makeover.. she found that her family hated her to extreme for cheating gulmohur.. and her papaji had no place for her in hius heart or house..   

But I still think there was no need for jassi to hide her real self in the name and face of Jessica Bedi when she knew that she was innocent 😊...By becoming Jessica Bedi she actually proved Mallika ,Nandini,Purab and many such nut cases right πŸ˜† that If u r beautiful only then the world will listen to u and will fall on your feet    

Edited by Ananya_A - 16 years ago
jyoti06 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 8
Anuu that Purab sadhu wrote the confused letter only after he was brainwashed by his ex-girlfriend Meenaxi ...and Meenaxi told Purab that Jassi doesn't belong to his types,so he should not marry her πŸ˜• πŸ˜• ..now obviously Meenaxi meant that Purab had always dreamt of her lady as very beautiful and so Jassi can't b his dreamgirl ..and well Purab also believed in Meenaxi's words and the reason why he wrote that letter to Jassi because somewhere he was ashamed of Jassi's looks and it was quite evident in that party when Jassi refused to wear that Jewellery set presented to her by purab and also purab looked a bit emabarresed with Jassi in that party

And yes Jassi's makeover started from Mauritious but it was fully completed in Goa 😳and in Goa only she thought of becoming Jessica Bedi ..but I agree she became Jessica Bedi only after she saw her family's extreme hatred towards her 😭 ..but this is what I don't understand...why to go on a disguise to convince your own family about your innocence?? πŸ˜• ...She should hv faced the world as the real couragious Jassi only 😳 Edited by jyoti06 - 16 years ago
Hansa-Tapori thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Ok, I know I am digressing, but that's what I love most about Armaan - that he fell for Jassi as a person rather than her looks; or should I say in spite of her looks!!! 😳 Hai Armu in love makes me go mmmmmmm 😳
Sharmii thumbnail
Ya hansa di...Armaan makes me think Even I have a chance with him.That every girl beautiful or ugly has a chance with him..... πŸ˜†
addsb thumbnail
Well, first of all I would not like to speak about Purab 😑 🀒 ... Also I don't mind the makeover at all.. I have only one complaint.. what happened to them that they did not follow the original story BLF.. and from where did they get the story which followed after the makeover.. I think Tarun Katiyal is the ans to all these q's... The best part of BLF was that Betty never turned into a model and even her braces were removed one day before the marriage.. how beautiful was that..I would have loved her more than I hate her now..Even the trashbag and diary reading scene would have been shown 😍   πŸ˜ 😍 .. Hai mein mar jaawan 😳 😳 😳
Sharmii thumbnail
The only and the only thing I did not like about Blf was Raj-Armaan breaking...but they patch up in thesequel!! 😳
addsb thumbnail
Yeah I know .. but the situation was such that it had to happen.. I was personally ok with it... But then there was a sequel as well.. same could have been the case with JJKN... They could have followed BLF completely and ended it there and then.. after a break of 1 year they could have followed Ecomoda(the second season) till the end.. I know the second season was not a hit...but I've a feeling it would have been a hit here..After following both the seasons till the end they could have gone the Ekta way to continue in the second season and end it whenever the TRPs would have been low.. In this way both would have been satisfied ..we as well as TD πŸ˜ƒ ... Sorry Ananya... for going off topic..I'll not comment on BLF after this 😳 Edited by addsb - 16 years ago
Dimdim thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
I am glad she had the makeover. Maybe it was overhyped and not necessary. But it does make a difference to one's self esteem.

And at that point in life Jassi definitely needed  a moral boost. She was down and heart broken.

Glad Nandini Maam helped her feel better. Edited by Dimdim - 16 years ago