Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 16 years ago
Hi Friends! Was Browsing trough Net and got this Article so Posted it here😳

Movies
   Scoops & News

Indraneil gave tough times to Vikram Bhatt

September 21, 2007 5:29:10 PM IST
Bollywood Trade News Network

Indraneil & NeelamVikram Bhatt had a tough time getting Indraneil Sengupta to learn the salsa for a minute-and-a-half dance sequence for ASA Films forthcoming film MUMBAI SALSA.

It took a lot of persuasion on Vikram Bhatt's part to get Indraneil Sengupta to learn salsa for MUMBAI SALSA. Indraneil, a complete non-dancer, had to take salsa lessons for more than a month, for a minute-and-a-half vital dance sequence in the film. It was a task for Vikram to get Indraneil to dance after all the practice and convincing. Apparently, the actor who would fall ill frequently gave the unit members a tough time.

Said Vikram Bhatt, Creative head, ASA Films, "It was a minute-and-a ­half dance sequence in the film and we wanted it to look really good. So we had extensive salsa training for 40 days for him. To begin with, he did not want to do it, but we gradually convinced him. While learning to dance, he used to get cramps and body ache. We knew that Indraneil was required in this sequence so we persuaded him to do it, and he is a committed actor so he did it."

Added Vikram, "The choreographers are unsure if Indraneil has learnt to do the salsa but they surely know the importance of a minute-and-half dance sequence in the film."

Said Indraneil Sengupta, who plays a merchant banker in the film, "It takes a lot to get me to dance since I am not a dancer. Unfortunately this important salsa track had to be picturised on me. So I got jitters and was wondering why me! I am the worst dancer but I had to do it properly. I must say that my choreographers were very encouraging and my partner. Neelam was very patient. It took a lot of rehearsals to get it right, besides, Barkha my girlfriend would also come for the rehearsals and teach me the right steps as she is a great dancer."

When contacted, his choreographer Umashanker said, "It was a totally new form for Indraneil and he was very stiff. He simply could not coordinate with his partner and would end up forgetting his step He couldn't get the basics right as well. He was over-worked so he'd be unwell. Since he was untrained we had to work doubly hard on his movements and took us a while to groom and train him."

Interestingly, MUMBAI SALSA does not revolve around the dance form, salsa, but is about youngsters and their quest for love in the city of dreams. MUMBAI SALSA is a discotheque where the characters take refuge because they want to run away from their loneliness. The movie is slated for October 26 release. The movie is directed by the national award winner Manoj Tyagi and music by Adnan Sami.

Wonder bina Barkha ke Indraneil ko imagine bhi nahi kar sakte, she is always thereπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Edited by bhakti_kansara - 16 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Cool_Dipti thumbnail
Oh Bhakthi what a sweet n funny article! πŸ˜† And how sweet Barkha taught him to do salsa! πŸ˜› ..besides teaching,how much wud they have danced together 😳
khushix thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† funny article...

but glad barkha was der to teach hm....

m jst waitin to see how he did it in d muvi...

t4s....btw bhakti...pls post the link of the site....
Edited by khushix - 16 years ago
Nishtha thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
reading the Title i was like not again..was really furious 😑 ..but God blessed Vikram bhatt πŸ˜† πŸ˜† i am not mad at him anymore πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

and i dont think Neil is that pathetic dancer..he is too genuine..and ppl likes to take advantage of it

and khushi choried your siggy πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
pribhu thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
oh thanks for the article...haha πŸ˜† barkha teaching nwil πŸ˜† 😳
notfadedaway thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
πŸ˜† πŸ˜† funnyy πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

tfs πŸ‘ πŸ‘
tina_sre thumbnail