Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

minuu thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 16 years ago

Kartik Sabharwal signs on Zee's Rakhi.

Model turned actor Kartik Sabharwal rose to fame as Bhavishya in Ghar ki Lakshmi Betiyaan. After this villanious psychotic act, the good looking actor has been roped in to play a lead in Zee's upcoming show Rakhi.

"I'm not in a position to reveal much about the show. But, I'm excited because it's not a run of the mill kind of a role. It offers me a lot in terms of acting. Also, I want to continue doing glamorous roles on screen," says an upbeat Kartik

After much coaxing Kartik revealed a bit about his character in the show..
"I'm portraying the character of a Prince who's the love interest of Rajnandini (Nupur Joshi). He's a sluggish guy who's aware of Rajyog in his Kundali," reveals the suave actor who's also being seen in Star's Kumkum.

At present; Kartik is busy shooting for the initial episodes of the show.

Rakhi is touted to be a afternoon daily show with all the emotional drama and will go on air from 27 September A moving tale about a brother-sister relationship and how the eldest brother Raja will do anything to protect his younger sister. Raja is played by Bhairaja (Ayub Khan) and his sister Rajnandini (Nupur). who share a strong relationship.

Well ! all the best is what we say.

sanober. thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 4
Zee TV is working towards strengthening its afternoon slot, a move the channel foresees as a strong step in further closing the gap with STAR Plus on the overall ratings. Zee TV is launching a new show, 'Rakhi - Atoot rishtey ki dor', in the 1.30 pm slot that was hitherto housing the repeat of 'Teen Bahuraaniya'.

The new show, which premiers on September 27, 2007, will air from Monday to Thursday. Film Farm India Ltd is the production house.

An official communiqu stated, "After being the leader in the primetime slot, Zee TV is now establishing its afternoon slot with 'Rakhi…'. According to TAM reports, Zee TV is already doing very well in the afternoon time band. It is the only GEC channel which has shown a tremendous increase in GRPs by 112 per cent."

The serial is about brother-sister relationship, starring Ayub Khan and debutante Nupur.

http://66.102.9.104/search?q=cache:pdVVWIWVEWMJ:www.exchange 4media.com/e4m/news/newfullstory.asp%3Fsection_id%3D6%26news _id%3D27399%26tag%3D22301+rakhi+-Ek+Atoot+Rishte+Ki+Dor+seri al+articles&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=ae

modishh thumbnail
ZEE TV drops matinees for "original shows"
Aug 14, 2007 08:20 PM

ZEE TV drops matinee moviesIn a bid to offer more original programming during the day and bring in newer audiences, ZEE TV has revamped its daytime schedule from September.

From next month, the midday movies (12pm), which have been a permanent fixture of ZEE TV's schedule since it began broadcasting in the UK twelve years ago, will be dropped to make way for more dramas and light entertainment.

Shaney Burney, Programme Controller of ZEE TV UK, explained the reason behind the move. "It's very simple, we have ZEE Cinema to watch movies and most of our subscribers are already viewing both the channels as it's in the package. We want to give our viewers more entertainment and more original by increasing two more serials that is 'Meri Doli Tere Angana' and 'Rakhi'. To give value for money there will be more serials in the afternoon from October."

Viewers are being given the choice of switching over to ZEE Cinema for movie content and to stay with ZEE TV for dramas and light entertainment during the day. The weekend (Friday, Saturday and Sunday) midday and midnight movie bands will remain unchanged.

As reported exclusively on BizAsia.co.uk in June, ZEE TV will be bolstering its original output over the coming months. The primetime schedule between 18:00 to 23:00 already consists of all original shows. Last month saw the arrival of ZEE TV's first morning-only soap 'Meri Doli Tere Angna' being used as a weapon to garner more housewife eyeballs. This will be joined by 'Rakhi' and a slew of other new dramas in September and October.

Furthermore, the much talked about new children's strand 'Kidz Zone' also kicks off next month, which will be presented by ZEE TV's 'Lil Champs' Diwakar Sharma, Sanchita Bhattyacharya and Sameer Mohammed.

The daytime schedule will be as follows from Monday 3rd September:

11:00 Mamta
11:30 Khana Khazana
12:00 Har Ghar Kuch Kehta Hai
12:30 Teen Bahuraniyan
13:00 Maayka... Saath Zindagi Bhar Ka
13:30 Meri Doli Tere Angana
14:00 Rakhi... Ek Atoot Rishte Ki Dor
14:30 Rabba Ishq Na Hove (re-run)
Unchanged after 15:00 until..
17:00 Kid Zone-English Cartoons
17:30 Kid Zone-Akbar Birbal

'Rakhi' will also air at 23:00, Monday through to Thursday.

Updated: 19:46 on 16/08/07

Source:http://media247.co.uk/bizasia/newsarchive/2007/08/zee _tv_drops_af.php
sanober. thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 4

Rakhi is about a brother-sister relationship, right?
Yeah. The story revolves around three siblings. I play the elder brother Bhai Raja, who has brought up his younger brother and sister (Nupur) like his own children. The problem begins when the younger brother starts feeling that Raja is much too partial towards Nupur.

What tempted you to take on the role?
Simple.. because the show revolves around me. Most men on television end up playing second fiddle to women.

Do you really think the sibling concept will work?
Yes. No other show has tried to examine this beautiful relationship in such depth. Indian audiences need themes which they can easily identify with. A bhai bahen ki kahani is bound to work. "No other show has tried to examine this beautiful relationship (between siblings) in such depth. Indian audiences need themes which they can easily identify with."

Will Bhai Raja have a love angle?
Yes, I have a romantic track with Monalika but that will come in later.

Your last two shows, Jeete Hain Jiske Liye and Kashish, bombed..
True, but I don't regret doing either. They were both very well written and made. These shows did have a fan following but unfortunately, that didn't trans late to high TRPs.

What do you think of the reality genre?
I think it's arrived big time. You can love it or hate it, but you can't ignore it. Take Big Boss for instance.. it gave its contestants immense popularity .

You did your first soap, Muskan, nearly seven years ago but still haven't managed to make it to the big league.
It just so happens that the shows I like don't vibe well with the viewers. Sahara's adaptation of Sahib Bibi aur Ghulam is another example. But I can't help that. I can't just work for money. The actor in me needs creative satisfaction as well. "It just so happens that the shows I like don't vibe well with the viewers. Sahara's adaptation of Sahib Bibi aur Ghulam is another example."

Anything you'd want to change about TV?
The complete subjugation to TRPs.. they're overrated. Instead of allowing a show to grow on the viewer, channel bosses bring in jarring changes without an explanation.

Don't you think Rakhi might be forced to do that, sooner or later?
The show's team is trying to be different. I hope it doesn't ever become a victim to telly politics.

You've done both TV and cinema.. what's better?
The medium is secondary to me. If you take Dil Chahta Hai and Mrityudand.. they were pathbreakers on the big screen. It's a great feeling to have been part of such projects.

http://hindustantimes.com/StoryPage/StoryPage.aspx?id=0b9c30 b6-6e48-4f2d-9919-6dd05b7a7a29&&Headline=%e2%80%98No +TV+politics%2c+please'

Yuvika_15 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Tete-a-tete with Nupur Joshi

Alt Link: http://content.msn.co.in/Entertainment/TV/Stories/TVTellycha kkar.com_100907_1418.htm#top

Monday, September 10, 2007
14:18 IST

Nupur Joshi's, cameo act in 'Kumkum' proved to be lucky for her as she landed herself a plum role in Zee's 'Raakhi.' In a small tete-e-tete, she tells us all about the new show and her character in it...

Tell us a little about the show?

The story revolves around the relationship of an elder brother who loves his little sister. The unconditional love and bond between them is so strong that even Nupur's marriage fails to break it. The plot thickens when after her marriage she is torn between love for her brother and her duty towards her husband.

Your character in the show...

I'm portraying the character of Rajnandini, who's the only girl in the house. She's loved and pampered by all. A bubbly and happy-go-lucky girl who believes in living life to the fullest. I'm excited as it's not a run-of-the-mill kind of a role. I want to continue doing non-glamorous roles.

Do you identify yourself with Rajnandini?

I am as sensitive and emotional as Rajnandini in real life. The only difference is that she's a rich village girl whereas Nupur is not.

What kind of a rapport do you share with your co-actors?

They are all very co-operative. Ayub Khan helps me in mugging up my lines. It's great to work with such senior actors as I'll get to learn lot of things from them.

Your take on saas-bahu soaps...

They take the audience to a different fictional world. If given an offer, I would prefer not to do such shows.

Bollywood plans…

I love doing daily shows but will also try my hands at films later.

Edited by Yuvika_15 - 16 years ago
-Srishty- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Women power comes to Zee TV's aid to beat Star Plus
September 11, 07
Noor Fathima Warsia

Dialogue

Brand Speak

The week has been a big one for Zee TV. The channel's music format show 'Saregamapa Challenge' has given it an 8 plus TRP and even a new show like 'Rakhi – Ek atoot rishta' has given the channel 2 plus TRPs --- in all taking Zee TV's graph much closer to Star Plus in the target C&S 4+ in the Hindi speaking markets (HSM). If the TG was made slightly more specific to females, Zee TV is ahead of Star Plus on the all-day weekly channel shares in the HSM, and this is an unfamiliar experience for the hitherto unbeatable leader.

Star India has been losing its share continually for months now, while Zee TV has been gaining. This has accelerated the process of the gaps decreasing between the two channels. One week's ratings may not make Zee TV a leader, but this week is an indication of the fluctuating numbers in store for Hindi GECs. Fragmentation is a reality, and is going to further worsen with the launch of at least six Hindi GECs.

Voicing this, TME's Vice President, Divya Radhakrishnan, stated, "On the overall, yes, Zee TV has very good ratings this week, and they are only 10 per cent lower than Star Plus on the mass TG. Normally, subsequent seasons have not done so well for shows on the other channels, but 'Saregamapa Challenge' has defied this and this has worked for Zee TV."

"However, the bigger thing to look out for is that soon we are getting into a scenario with more players and far more choices. This scene of two players will not exist for a long time. With new channels, somebody will lose shares. Usually it is the leader, but now with a thin line separating the leader from the number two, both channels could lose shares. You really don't know how this turns out," added Radhakrishnan.

Starcom Worldwide's Furture Works' Dinesh Rathore seconds this view. He said, "In any case, media is getting more fragmented and there are more GECs coming --- Zee itself is launching a second channel. We may not have a clear number one in the segment anymore. The ratings would fluctuate depending on the programming. This change is a reflection of change in the audience's appetite. If the new channels serve something better, there is nothing to stop them from getting the eyeballs."

STAR India has taken cognizance of the changing numbers. The channel's spokesperson said, "We regularly monitor the figures and are in the process of launching certain initiatives, and are very confident of Star Plus' massive consumer franchise and continuing to maintain its position of India's premier Hindi entertainment channel."

Zee TV, on the other hand, is clear that newer initiatives will take the channel even higher. Tarun Mehra, Head, Marketing, Zee TV, explained, "The core Zee TV audiences are women. They have shifted their loyalty from Star to Zee, and the rest are following along with them. Especially, with more shows which aim at broad-basing the audiences, Zee TV is aiming at eating up shares across TGs to regain the overall leadership."

On what is working for the channel, Mehra said, "Having understood the audiences, and their preferences in this evolving time and day that much the better."

As media experts put it, newcomers like NDTV Imagine and INX Media are serious contenders as well, and needless to say, Zee would be competing with itself once it launches ZeeNext. The road ahead may be exciting and promising for those who dare to compete in the Hindi GEC space, but it sure is going to get tougher and rougher than ever before.

-Srishty- thumbnail
 Entertainment –> Television –> News –> Full Story

Rakhi promises to be different < name=feed>     

Wednesday, September 12, 2007  
Subscribe to Newsletter

Serial stills: Gallery
In an attempt to strengthen its viewer base in the afternoon time slot, Zee TV on August 27 introduced a new serial titled "Rakhi – Atoot Rishtey Ki Dor". The serial is aired in the afternoon, Monday through Thursday. While Zee's other soaps like "Meri Doli Tere Angna", "Maayka", "Dulhan" and "Betiyaan" are already quite popular, "Rakhi" promises to be a little different from saas-bahu sagas as the focus of its story is on the bond between a brother and sister.

The story of "Rakhi" draws from the age-old tradition of Rakshabandhan, a festival in which sisters tie rakhis on their brothers' wrists and pray for their well-being. In turn, the brothers pledge to protect their sisters from harm always. In the serial, Ayub Khan plays the character of Bhai Raja, while debutante Nupur Joshi portrays the role of his sister Rajnandani. Their relationship is the core of the show.

After marriage, Rajnandani is divided between the relations of her brother and husband. While the former is based on pure love and attachment, the latter is the call of duty and social norms. At the same time, the story also shows what a brother should do when his sister is in a crisis. Rajnandini balances the two relationships against much pressure to give up either of them.

< = src="http://oas.oneindia.in/?DC=ROS-right-movies&JS=Y &target=Y" =text/> < =text/> google_ad_client = "pub-3195849093226582"; google_alternate_ad_url = "http://www.oneindia.in/google/160x600.html"; google_ad_wid th = 160; google_ad_height = 600; google_ad_format = "160x600_as"; google_ad_channel = "7632361734"; google_color_border = "F0F0F0"; google_color_bg = "ffffff"; google_color_link = "0066cc"; google_color_url = "000000"; google_color_text = "000000"; < src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ ads.js" =text/> < name=google_ads_ marginWidth=0 marginHeight=0 src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pa gead/ads?client=ca-pub-3195849093226582&dt=1189704559070 &lmt=1189704559&alternate_ad_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.on eindia.in%2Fgoogle%2F160x600.&at=160x600_as&output=& amp;correlator=1189704559070&channel=7632361734&url= http%3A%2F%2Fentertainment.oneindia.in%2Ftelevision%2Ftop-st ories%2Fnews%2Frakhi-zee-tv-120907.&color_bg=ffffff& color_text=000000&color_link=0066cc&color_url=000000 &color_border=F0F0F0&ref=http%3A%2F%2Fentertainment. oneindia.in%2Ftelevision%2F&cc=213&ga_vid=77682636.1 184257039&ga_sid=1189704217&ga_hid=543229728&ga_ fc=true&flash=9&u_h=768&u_w=1024&u_ah=740&am p;u_aw=1024&u_cd=32&u_tz=120&u_his=2&u_java= true" Border=0 width=160 scrolling=no height=600 allowTransparency>
Aastha, who plays Gunjan, Rajnandini's closest friend, says: "I don't think "Rakhi" is similar to typical saas-bahu serials as it's an energetic show. The audience already likes it."

Punit Goenka, Director, ZEEL, had said at the launch of the programme: "Zee TV has always endorsed subjects that deal with societal issues and with the launch of "Rakhi – Atoot Rishtey Ki Dor", we are moving a step further in the direction."

He added: "Zee TV had already narrowed the gap with its closest competitor in the afternoon time band and now with the launch of this show, we are certain to strengthen ourselves in that slot."

Thankfully, "Rakhi" has none of the so-called saas-bahu caricatures. It is woven around the simple and realistic bond between a brother and a sister.

A Film Farm India Ltd. creation, "Rakhi" is expected to be a refreshing change for those tired of watching melodrama on television.

Edited by Nancy_89 - 16 years ago
-Srishty- thumbnail
ZEE TV and STAR Plus fight - neck and neck!
Sep 17, 2007 07:45 PM

ZEE TV fight with STAR Plus gets ever close!ZEE TV has come the closest yet to knock off STAR Plus from the number one position in India.

According to latest TAM data (week ending 8th September) released today, ZEE TV currently holds 29 shows within the Top 100 list, compared to STAR Plus' 34. This is the closest the two have come since STAR Plus took over as leader in 2000.

ZEE TV's 'Sa Re Ga Ma Pa: Challenge 2007' continues to reign the popularity charts and remains India's most watched TV show, even beating the once reliable Ekta Kapoor soap 'Kyunki Saans Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi', which has seen its audience dwindle of late.

'Sa Re Ga Ma Pa: Challenge 2007' peaked with a TVR of 5.8 and 5.0 for its two episodes that week, with its music rival 'Voice Of India' on STAR Plus raking in just 3.2. Sony Entertainment Television Asia's 'Indian Idol' is faring much better with TVRs of 4.6 and 3.1 for its two shows, however the channel is struggling overall with only 5 shows inside the TAM Top 100.

ZEE TV's top soap currently is 'Banoo Mein Teri Dulhann' winning in the 20:00 slot in India. It has managed an average TVR mark of 4.0 in the referred TAM data. Its other soaps 'Saat Phere' and 'Kasamh Se' also are doing well but have recently seen a slight dent in ratings due to competition from STAR Plus' soaps 'Kasturi' and 'Meri Awaz Ko Mil Gayi Roshni', which are also shown at the same time.

ZEE TV's new afternoon soap 'Rakhi' has also got off to a good start with a TVR of 2.1. Other dramas like 'Ghar Ki Lakshmi Betiyaan', 'Maayka' and 'Teen Bahuraniyan' also feature inside ZEE TV's Top 29. In contrast, STAR Plus' Top 34 shows consist of 'Kyunki...', 'Kahanii...', 'Kayamath', 'Kasturi' and mythlogical shows 'Prithviraj Chauhan' and 'Sai Baba'.

Meanwhile STAR's other channels STAR One is still riding on the dependable 'The Great Indian Laughter' grabbing a TVR of 1.9. Its sports channel ESPN STAR Sports was the only broadcaster in India to telecast the India tour of England, which has paid dividends with a rating of 2.6 and 2.0 for the finals.

The question is, will ZEE TV be able to overtake STAR Plus completely next week or will it take longer? Whatever the answer, keep it with BizAsia.co.uk as we continue to watch the changing dynamics in Indian television. No doubt, this is just a start to how things are shaping up, ZEE Network is launching its second entertainment sibling ZEE Next in the coming weeks, there's also NDTV's entertainment channel on the anvil and offerings from Sahara One and UTV are around the corner.
Editor: Raj Baddhan
Source: TAM
-Srishty- thumbnail
Ayub Khan repents

The actor is still to come to terms with the fact that Jeete Hain Jiske Liye has gone off air.

It's been three months since Jeete Hain Jiske Liye went off air, but the actors are still to come to terms with the fact that the show is not on air anymore. Ayub Khan was quite thrilled to essay the lead role and more so since his heroine was Renuka Shahane whom he had known for many years.

But all the excitement was short-lived as the channel axed the show after just four months of its telecast. Ayub, who had not spoken about the sudden decision says, I had a great rapport with the cast and was enjoying the show thoroughly. I had no inkling till we were informed about its unexpected termination. It struck like a bolt of lightning. Then, he reconciles himself to the situation saying, I guess it's a part and parcel of this profession.

Considering the fact that serials are suddenly pulled of air, is it adbvisable tbank of just one show or one productionhouse? The actor exhibits his sense of humour as he comes up with a self-deprecating statement like, Yes, I will. We are majdoors, we have no choice but to grab whatever we are offered, laughs Ayub.

The good-looking actor has left it behind him and is presently busy shooting for another daily Rakhi. Speaking about his role, he says, I play Bhairaj. The whole look is different it is completely contrary to what I have done so far. Not a suited-booted corporate honcho look.

I play a rural chap after quite some time after Mrityudand. It's a rural guy with an urban family set-up, he says without revealing further.It's been said that the charcter is similar to that of Govinda's in Jis Desh Mein Ganga Rehta Hai.

In the meanwhile, he is also gearing up for the release of his movie Daughter directed by Biju with Vikram Gokhale, Padmini Kolhapure and Reema Lagoo in the cast.It's about a girl's adoption into a family and her journey through it, informs Ayub.

GITA HARI
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Entertainment/TV_Buzz/Ayu b_Khan_repents/articleshow/2374268.cms
< =text/> var RN = new String (Math.random()); var RNS = RN.substring (2,11); var b2 = '< src=\"http://adstil.indiatimes.com/RealMedia/ads/adstream_sx .ads/www.timesofindia.com/Stories/index./1'+RNS+'@Right3?\" WIDTH=250 HEIGHT=250 marginwidth=0 align="right" marginheight=0 =0 =0 border=0 scrolling=no bordercolor=\"#000000\"> '; if (doweshowbellyad==1) be llyad.innerHTML = b2;