Interview of Achint Kaur-Mandira

anishma24 thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

< name="selZoom" value="100" ="">
Your character Vedika in Virrudh started off as majorly arrogant. Now she's becoming cynical.. Yes, Vedika was an arrogant and emotional brat. But now she's turned a bit cyni- cal and is being used by her father. She's also getting a taste of power and position. Weren't you sceptical about the change? No. It's not as if she's turned into a totally black character. It's just a phase. Anyway, Virrudh was never slotted as a show with black and white characters. As long as it interests view- ers, I'm happy. What about Vedika's bright red lipstick? That was my idea.. it's always been there. Many actresses wear red lipstick, but it's more obvious on my face because I don't have any other make-up on. Why did you choose to play Pallavi (Kahani Ghar Ghar Ki) and Mandira (Kyunkii Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi)? Aren't they very similar characters? Their storylines are more or less similar, so they seem to be the same. Actually the characters and situations are pretty different. The way I see it, Pallavi is more of a believ- able, revengeful character, while Mandira is a purely fictitious vamp. Weren't you planning to quit Karam Apna Apna? I was because its timings were changed so many times, we lost our footing. But now it's been shifted permanently to the after- noon slot and I'm enjoying myself. Will we ever see you in a dif- ferent avatar? I've never experimented with comedy. I'd love to but I haven't come across an interesting script so far. It's been a while since you played the lead in any show.. Yeah, the last time I played the lead was in Saaya. It hasn't been a conscious decision on my part not to play lead. It just so happens that such characters these days are usually bahus and I don't think I'm cut out for that. Were you offered Nach Baliye? Yes, several times. But I don't have the time to do a reality show. People who have a lot of time or aren't working currently, can afford to do these shows. But I've done reality shows in the past.. Paisa Bhaari Padega and The Fear Factor.

www.bodhtree.com

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Monica3 thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
thanks.....i like the picture of her when she's leaning against her car!