Article about the Qutab Minar !

nayaabgupta thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
people i got this article abt the qutub minar from the times of india..

Qutub Minar

Not a single guide is visible at this world heritage monument. It takes some hunting to secure the services of GC Arya. "When Mohammed Ghauri defeated Prithviraj Chauhan, he erected the Qutub Minar," he says. Another guide, a history 'expert', has a different view: "The Qutub Minar was built by Prithviraj Chauhan for his daughter to see the Yamuna." Now, it's Arya's turn: "Lord Cunningham used the Qutub as a sun dial. Back then, there was a sixth floor which was struck by lightning and collapsed." You mention that the Qutub reminds you of the Leaning Tower of Pisa. Clarifies Arya: "That's an optical illusion." Apparently, our history textbooks have got it all wrong.

so who do u think built this tallest tower of India - Prithviraj Chauhan or Qutub-ud-Din Aibak?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sweetyyyangel thumbnail
i think both of them built partly and.......... may be someoneelse
urbangel_1591 thumbnail
yaa i knew tis info long time back....but when i came to noe tis.....it was ritin tht it is a legend.......welll i had ritin tis in my project......and i rote prithvi raj chaunhan ...de name in my project so neatly and in italics tht my frnd was like" yaha bhi nahi chodti hoh prithvi ko".....and i was like n"no....i love tht serial a lot"....welll i dunno wht is ture...whether prithvi built qutb yaa aibak
DK111 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
ummm interesting thnx 4 sharing 😉
ching thumbnail
i already posted this 😉

from a book but i know its too confusing 😉

CHing 😃

Hmmm..interesting. Thanks for sharing 😊
kyphlover3 thumbnail
Thanx for sharing. I love history but it is very confusing.