Karan haven't met Mona for four months

Gur.N.cool thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 16 years ago
'I haven't met Mona for four months'

Karan Oberoi may not be seen often on the small screen, but that's out of choice. The singer-actor-anchor admits that he can't sign anything for the heck of it.

"I am choosy. The soaps that I see on television are beyond me. People use only glycerine to act. Everyone's an actor today. I would've never enjoyed doing something that I don't believe in," he says. So is he content hosting Antakshari ?

"I am very happy hosting the show. We don't have any script for the show. It's unheard of on Indian television. We did have scripts for the first few episodes, but after that I decided to host the show without any script," he says.

And though not having a script can sometimes leave you confused, Karan feels that it helps in more than one way. "Firstly, one always has to be on one's toes. I keep myself abreast of the current events. That way you can have an interesting conversation during the show. And secondly, I get to raise issues that I feel strongly about. I speak very frankly with kids and teenagers alike. Recently, when I noticed that during the kids' special, a contestant was cheating, I spoke to the parents to not allow the kid to get away with such wrong doings," he says.

Karan has in recent times voiced his displeasure about the way the show has been promoted. "I have always had an issue with that and I have voiced my concerns time and again. In fact, at one point I was even thinking of quitting the show because of the treatment that was given to it. Once Sa Re Ga Ma Pa started Antakshari hasn't been given the due it demands. This despite the fact that it gets very high TRPs. Whenever I tell the channel officials about the promotion of the show they show me the TRPs and say it's doing well."

With Karan concentrating on his career, personal life seems to have taken a backseat. Ask him about his marriage plans with girlfriend Mona Singh and he says, "We haven't given that a thought as yet. We are both really busy these days. In fact, I haven't met Mona for four months. She has been travelling and I haven't got any free time from my TV work and music," he says. Four months of separation? Now that's a bit too long!