Apoorva's character ending in Kaajal

kajol12 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

This is not related to JJKN but to Apoorva so not sure if it is allowed, sorry if I shouldn't post it here

This is from mumbaimirror.com

< content=08/17/2007 name=date>

Both the lead characters of Kaajjal to be bumped off, the story will go forward through a reincarnation angle
Back to Section Stories Posted On Friday, August 17, 2007
Mail this Article Print this Article Rate this Article

Bharati Dubey / Ranjib Mazumder

Apoorva and Surveen in Kaajjal

Kaajjal lovers will witness a double tragedy on the show. It has been learnt that the lead couple, Kaajjal and Dev will both be killed in the show. Not just that, there may be a 20-year-leap too, with some reincarnation story thrown in. "It is still not clear if any of the two will return to the serial, but Apoorva, in all probability, will not come back." says a source.

In the show, Dev (Apoorva) has been suspecting Kaajjal (Surveen) and almost killed her just a few episodes ago. It is a clear indication that the character's track is likely to end very soon. If insiders are to be believed the creative team of the serial has taken a decision on ending the two characters' tracks and the serial taking a 20-year leap.

"The TRPs of the serial are also dipping. Besides the new character hasn't really added any dimension to the serial or generated any curiosity amongst the audience," says an insider. There seem to be two reasons for ending Kaajjal's and Dev's track in the serial. Apoorva Agnihotri, the actor who is playing Dev, wanted to leave the serial a long time ago for personal reasons. The actor agreed to stay on only after his terms and conditions were agreed upon by the channel. "The actor wanted a break which was given to him, but in his absence they introduced a new character which didn't really work well for the serial.  Also Apoorva was uncomfortable on the sets after media reports about his alleged affair with co-star Surveen Chawla hit the headlines. This news must've definitely upset his wife Shilpa Saklani, who is quite possessive about him. The actor would not want to upset her," adds our source.

When contacted, Kaacon Sethi co-producer of the show confirmed the development. "Basically, Apoorva Agnihotri wanted to leave the show as he wanted a break from work. I don't what is the actual reason, but he told us that he has some personal reasons. We cannot force anybody to do our show. So, he will die in the show. The Kaajjal-Dev chemistry was so strong that it won't survive without one of them. So, we had to take the tough decision of killing both the character. The creative team is working on a reincarnation story, where we will introduce new characters. We are just keeping our fingers crossed," she said.

Mail this Article Print this Article Rate this Article
BACK TO SECTION STORIES
Your Comments Post your Comments
<> (new ajax()).getHTML(document.getElementById('comments'),"ajax.as px?page=getcomments&ctype=2&comments=true&contentid=20070817 20070817023034312af5875f5§id=12","");

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Hansa-Tapori thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Sweetheart, you are more than welcome to post any and everything related to Apu on this forum.

So now I can stop watching Kaajal altogether and concentrate on JJKN. In fact, since the introduction of Adi baba, it has been going from bad to worse.

Thank goodness SS didn't get janda killed off in JJKN. At least we got a happy ending. 😊
Ashwini19 thumbnail
That is one crazy ending to the show..i never watched Kaajal but I never thought it'd end like this. At least Apoorva will be happy now that he is off the show
Dimdim thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Thanks for the article. I am not surprised that AA wants to quit. But am shocked that SC 's character is ending.

Totally unfair to Surveen coming to think about it. Its hard to bag a the MAIN character.  Having good chemistry with her co actor has certainly worked against Surveen's career.

As for AA is concerned it not surprising he wants to quit.. There was hardly anything left in the role. He is a very talented  actor...and JJKN reruns are proof for that...

I am upset that Surveen loses her JOB bec of this decision...

Wish Kaajal was handed over to some other Production house...it wouldn't have come to this..

Edited by Dimdim - 16 years ago
tina59 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I am glad he is quitting, honestly he is too good an actor to do a cliched role, esp after his role as arman suri which was by far a very complex character.

I heard that T&D offered him a show, is it true. I hope he and MS come back for another show and hansa, u r right, thank god , SS didnt object to MandA.

I hope his personal life is good though and not have any problems there.
Dimdim thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: tina59

I am glad he is quitting, honestly he is too good an actor to do a cliched role, esp after his role as arman suri which was by far a very complex character.

I heard that T&D offered him a show, is it true. I hope he and MS come back for another show and hansa, u r right, thank god , SS didnt object to MandA.

I hope his personal life is good though and not have any problems there.

Tina you are being too generous with Kaajal production house. It was extremely sad to watch what they did with DEV's character. AA was  almost treated like an EXTRA the past couple of days..

And you heard right.. we did read somewhere that he is being offered something by DJ 's ...And if Mona  joins him that will be great for us viewers....

I am glad he is out of it... But sad for Surveen..

Edited by Dimdim - 16 years ago
Sharmii thumbnail

Originally posted by: Dimdim

Tina you are being too generous with Kaajal production house. It was extremely sad to watch what they did with DEV's character. AA was  almost treated like an EXTRA the past couple of days..

And you heard right.. we did read somewhere that he is being offered something by DJ 's ...And if Mona  joins him that will be great for us viewers....

I am glad he is out of it... But sad for Surveen..

Awww...Madhu di!!!

So nice to think of surven..She really is a good actress expecially when I see some of the bani's and the others..😆

But I say Surveen will be back and still in the show....Its only dev-kaajjal's chemistry thats too strong...So  wit surveen as some other character may get a pretty decnet chemistry with another actor...😆(someone certainly better than adi babu....😆)

Sharmii thumbnail

Originally posted by: hansa

Sweetheart, you are more than welcome to post any and everything related to Apu on this forum.

So now I can stop watching Kaajal altogether and concentrate on JJKN. In fact, since the introduction of Adi baba, it has been going from bad to worse.

Thank goodness SS didn't get janda killed off in JJKN. At least we got a happy ending. 😊

Yeaaaaah........They get a sad ending oh well....!! AS here I come...😆

marvelous.malks thumbnail
LMAO! The show couldn't get any worse! 😆
laddoo598 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Well there was nothing left in Kajjal anyway, the storyline is cliched and as Madhu di said Apu was treated like an extra, he deserves much more than this, after all he is a talented actor.
On a side note why don't they just end the show? Who is going to watch it now? 😆
Thanks for sharing 😊