BengaliChica92 thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
One thing I dunt understand is why in every drama/movie that I see/saw either its Korean, japanese,taiwan,HongKong the girls are always poor/not rich just middle class and they are always dumb/not that smart/boys always smarter...lol  is there any drama where the girl is the rich one and the smart one and the guy is dumb and poor?!?! If there is plz tell me I would love to see a drama/movie like that cause its kinda gettin annyion see the samethin in every drama/movie no matter what the story line is Edited by Crystalblue345 - 16 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Jia thumbnail
yea they always tend to do that...

in Delightful girl the girl was smart but poor. so she wasn't both. normally the girl that is smart and rich is the evil one that is like the second girl of the show, not the main one. i guess they want to show that heart is more imp than money or sometimes brains? 😆 not sure but they like to show their men stronger. in love contract (a really bad show...could be better but directed horribly), the girl was pretty smart, self-sufficient and there were no issues related to money in this one.

another show is snow queen (really sad show, but i loved it!!), the girl is rich but not that smart-avoided school and was mostly snobbish...the guy on the other hand was really a genius, but really poor. so i guess the girls can't have both? money and brains don't go together apparently ....*sigh*
BengaliChica92 thumbnail

Originally posted by: sweet_kp

yea they always tend to do that...

in Delightful girl the girl was smart but poor. so she wasn't both. normally the girl that is smart and rich is the evil one that is like the second girl of the show, not the main one. i guess they want to show that heart is more imp than money or sometimes brains? 😆 not sure but they like to show their men stronger. in love contract (a really bad show...could be better but directed horribly), the girl was pretty smart, self-sufficient and there were no issues related to money in this one.

another show is snow queen (really sad show, but i loved it!!), the girl is rich but not that smart-avoided school and was mostly snobbish...the guy on the other hand was really a genius, but really poor. so i guess the girls can't have both? money and brains don't go together apparently ....*sigh*

Hahaha, ture I guess money and barin dunt go together in Asian dramas..lol😆

tiki5434 thumbnail

The closest one I've watched is Dal Ja's... And it's really really good.
sweetsorrow18 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
i agree with tiki...dal ja's is one of the few i've seen thats got the woman actually having a good job and not being so dumb lol....definately check it out cause its gr8

uhmm some other ones with different themes

nobuta wo produce - has none of the poor girl/rich boy theme...its really different i think ull like it
wonderful life- initially the girl is poor...but eventually it changes....really good
which star are you from - none of the poor girl/rich boy thing..both are of equal status...but the story is pretty interesting
nodame cantabile- love love loveee this showw....not a love story though lol but its different from what ur usually watching

hope u find whut ur looking for...happy watching =)

BengaliChica92 thumbnail

Originally posted by: sweetsorrow18

i agree with tiki...dal ja's is one of the few i've seen thats got the woman actually having a good job and not being so dumb lol....definately check it out cause its gr8

uhmm some other ones with different themes

nobuta wo produce - has none of the poor girl/rich boy theme...its really different i think ull like it
wonderful life- initially the girl is poor...but eventually it changes....really good
which star are you from - none of the poor girl/rich boy thing..both are of equal status...but the story is pretty interesting
nodame cantabile- love love loveee this showw....not a love story though lol but its different from what ur usually watching

hope u find whut ur looking for...happy watching =)

Heyy thanks alot

pj04 thumbnail
while i can't think of any twdrama and kdrama( the only shows i can think of is 18 vs 29 but the story's focus is post marraige and bad couple...the female is actually quite sucessful and mature) but i suggest a number of jdoramas where the female is both intelligent and comes from middle class.
1) oisshii porpozu...lovestory between talented chef and owner of a cafe
2) love revolutions...a contemporary storyline about the struggles of a sucessfull doctor on personal front.
there are lot of other show that do not emphasize on that aspect of female characters like attention please, big wings, last christmas, hyd series(makino is poor by comparison),hanakimi ...etc etc....
BengaliChica92 thumbnail

Originally posted by: pj04

while i can't think of any twdrama and kdrama( the only shows i can think of is 18 vs 29 but the story's focus is post marraige and bad couple...the female is actually quite sucessful and mature) but i suggest a number of jdoramas where the female is both intelligent and comes from middle class.
1) oisshii porpozu...lovestory between talented chef and owner of a cafe
2) love revolutions...a contemporary storyline about the struggles of a sucessfull doctor on personal front.
there are lot of other show that do not emphasize on that aspect of female characters like attention please, big wings, last christmas, hyd series(makino is poor by comparison),hanakimi ...etc etc....

Kewl! Thanks alot! Right now I'm loving JDramas!

ih8desippl thumbnail
hmmm... thats true every asian drama has that! i guess ppl like that kind of story? well to answer ur question- isnt witch amusement a drama where the main lead girl is rich and smart? i havent seen it yet, but ive heard of the story & watched a few mv's!
BengaliChica92 thumbnail

Originally posted by: ih8desippl

hmmm... thats true every asian drama has that! i guess ppl like that kind of story? well to answer ur question- isnt witch amusement a drama where the main lead girl is rich and smart? i havent seen it yet, but ive heard of the story & watched a few mv's!

Hmmmmm.......Dunt know, I'll have to check it out