Saarthi-TellyBuzz/Articles-Bank

StayStrong thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 16 years ago

Hey all Saarthi lovers, all the articles related to Saarthi from I-F TellyBuzz and other articles will be posted in this bank.

And yeah there  are  "no comments" allowed in this section, use the "THANK YOU button" only, and yeah its already been told that dont post any article from Tellychakkar or from Indiantelevision.

THANKS

Takecare

Saarrthi Development Team.

Hetal,Pinky,Tisha & Maleka

Edited by pinkykhan - 16 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

StayStrong thumbnail
'I am the modern Draupadi'

You've replaced the original girl Neha Devi Singh in Saarthi. Hasn't it been challenging?
It is challenging and that's exactly why I accepted this serial. I love to do challenging roles and I knew replacing Neha wouldn't have been an easy job.

Over the years, she had created her niche in the show — people have grown to love Bhoomika's role played by Neha. But I wanted to prove to others and to myself that I could be accepted in the same role. And I think to an extent I have been successful.

What was the reason for Neha's exit?
The producer is the right person to answer it.

Neha and you resemble each other. Did it help?
Yes, many people have told me there is a resemblance between Neha and me. I think it helps the show and the audience to relate with the character easier when a replacement, resembles the original actor, especially in the main lead. But ultimately, it's the acting that matters.

How did you bag this prestigious show?
Typically, they called me and I gave a screen test. They liked me instantly and I bagged this show.

Before this, I had done a couple of Rajasthani, Bhojpuri, Telugu films in the lead. But initially, I was a choreographer. I am a professional Kathak dancer and also perform western dances. I have won loads of awards for the same.

It is said that you are playing the modern Draupadi in this mega serial. How do you feel, since you have just entered the show?
This serial is inspired from the epic Mahabharata. I play the role of a widow, a daughter-in-law, a mother, and a lover (at least for Arjun's character).

The show is doing great now. It's become more exciting. They have focussed on my role very well by incorporating different shades into it. In spite of all the pains and obstacles my character has gone through in life, she is energetic and active. She takes care of her household, her family and her family business. This character reflects how strong a woman can be regardless of everything she goes through in life.

In the Mahabharata, the great Arjun fought the battle against the Kauravas, but in this serial the Arjun has died. Now who will fight the battle against the Kauravas?
Yes, Arjun fought the battle in the epic. But since my onscreen husband Arjun is not there, I, Draupadi will fight the battle against Duryodhan.

Is Lord Krishna with you in this battle?
Yes, as always he is with me supporting me in battle.

What do you like about your character and the show?
Like I said earlier, I get to portray lots of shades and I have to be convincing in each one. And Saarthi has always been different. It's not like the typical saas-bahu saga that goes on and on. Saarthi incorporates a religious aspect to it, at the same time keeps the drama alive. It's an entertainment show, but more realistic and what the audience would relate to.

How has been the response?
Great, I couldn't believe the response I received for this serial. Starting with my family, people have really appreciated my work and output, considering it is my first TV show. But it's a little funny how convincing a mother of a five-year-old son I look when I am just 19 myself!

So do you think Saarthi has been the right break for you in TV?
Definitely! What more could I ask for than a popular show on Star One, with such a huge and popular star cast. A dream start for a newcomer. Asit Modi's Neela Telefilms is a great production house to work with. They take care of you completely. I already feel they are like family.

Any plans of you being seen on the silver screen?
I am getting many offers but being very busy, I can't accept them right now. But in the future I will.

Contributed By:Sia_Lovely
StayStrong thumbnail
"TellyBuzz" Thumbs down for Saarrthi!!!

A brother kills his brother for no reason. Wife wants to take revenge against the murderer of her husband. Family asks her to forgive and forget. The wife refuses to do so bear the wrath of the family. Saarthi which is based on Mahabharata is supporting Dhoryodhan's act against Arjun. Well that's what we call a modern Kurukshethra where evil wins over good.
StayStrong thumbnail
"I am too young to wear designer clothes" - Zalak Thakkar

This 19 year old is not a novice in the world of entertainment. She took her baby steps in into showbiz as a filmi dance teacher, dabbled with various regional films and has featured in Gujarati TV shows. But it was with her landmark show - Saarthi on Star Plus that actor Zalak Thakkar (Bhumika) got super lucky with and paved her way for name and fame.
In a short and snappy chit chat with Rachana Trivedi, Zalak shares with us her lifestyle and fitness fundas.
Dance my way to fitness:
I love to dance in order to keep fit; it's a great stress buster too. I believe that acting and dancing are inborn talent. I have learnt Kathak for four years but left it as it was too hectic to learn and teach all together. I use to coach western filmi dance. However I used to love teaching garba (Gujarati folk dance). Whenever I reach home early, I simply switch on my music and just let go. I make it a point to rehearse everyday.

Diet Mantra:
I like to eat ma ke haat ka khana (food cooked by my mom). I am very simple and so is my food, that's basic dal, roti, rice and green vegetables. Being a veggie is good for one's health. I try to take home cooked food even on my sets.

Dressing up:
I wear clothes that I'm comfortable in I feel sexy when I drape a sari, nothing can look as appealing as this Indian garment on a woman's frame.

Brand wise:
I do like designer clothes but I think I am too young for it. Just recently, I shopped for branded clothes from big malls like Shopper's Stop. For my show Saarthi, I wear Ritu Deora's clothes, I love the way she styles me.

Accessories and the works:
I love earrings and also have huge collection of it. I especially love the lot I have got from Bangkok. I love shopping for accessories and also have a craving for bags and footwear. When ever I go out you can find me wearing single anklet with toe rings that goes with funky chappies and hand bag. I can't wear imitation finger rings, I love gold rings but can't wear them often as they are expensive. You will also find me sporting pokhraj and diamond rings, which I never take off.

Make-up essentials:
I am not very fond of makeup. I prefer the simple look when I'm not shooting. My skin is dry and sensitive so I have to take ultra care of it. I don't use soap, it's a face wash for me. I get blackhead due to my skin type and so my everyday regime is the application of a scrubber and a home made pack prepared by my mom. On an outing with friends, I use a moisture and kajal.

Scent of a woman:
I love to wear Rasasi's Chastity. It smells feminine and also makes me feel cool. It's a strong perfume with a soft and long lasting smell.

Life's motto:
Live and let live is what I subscribe to. I get hassled if some people or circumstances disrupt my daily routine. I just can't stand nosy parkers. I feel one should live life on their own terms.

Contributed By:RIVER
StayStrong thumbnail

"TellyBuzz"

Manav Gohil the New Saarthi in Bhumi's Life!!

Saarthi in Bhumi's Life!!
Manav Gohil is back in business!! He enters the serial Saarthi as the new Saviour in Bhumika's life!. Read to know more….

The afternoon soap Saarthi is surely going strong now, with Bhumika all set to seek justice. But things can never go smooth in serials, aint it? While Bhumika's sole goal in life is to put Yuvraj behind bars, she is caught in yet another whirlpool where she suffers a major 'Identity Crisis'. The serial has now reached a point where Yuvraj and Gunvanti are poised to prove that Bhumika is Devika Parekh and not Bhumika at all. At this juncture of Bhumi's life, enters Shyam… , played by Manav Gohil.

Manav Gohil who won accolades recently for his negative performance in Betiyaan Apni Ya Paraaya Dhan will enter Saarthi soon.. A very enthusiastic Manav quotes, "I am to enter Saarthi. I will play Shyam who is a court observer, ordered by the court to stay at Bhoomi's house for 11 days. His motive is to find out the real identity of Bhumi and he will be asked to submit his report on this case. He will slowly see the affection between the mother and the kid, he will realize that the kid recognizes its mother and he will ultimately believe that the lady in the house is Bhumika and not Devika. Shyam will be smart enough to help Bhumika fight her way through this Identity Crisis." On asked whether Shyam will turn out to be Arjun, who is another face change, courtesy plastic surgery, Manav laughs as he says, "Well, I have never thought of this possibility in the track. U never know. But as of now, Shyam will be shown to have a mysterious past. My role is just a cameo lasting for about 10-12 episodes. But this can be a character that might develop and grow as time passes. Let us wait and watch", exclaims Manav..

The viewers will surely miss Arjun-Bhumika Jodi.. But the good thing as of now is that Bhumika has got Shyam entering her life as a 'Breath of Fresh Air". So what does future hold for Bhumika? Will Shyam be the answer for all her queries?. Watch Saarthi as all the drama unfolds..

Reporter: Srividya Rajesh
Author: Srividya Rajesh

StayStrong thumbnail
'Sour'thi truths
   By: Vickey Lalwani
   July 23, 2007
------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------

What money? you owe me!
Asit Modi
Karan Grover and Asit Modi producer of Saarrthi are at war. Grover has filed a complaint against Asit Modi with Cine Artistes Association for non-payment of his fees for March, April and May.

Breach of trust

When contacted, Grover says that he had no choice but to file a complaint against Modi. "After I left the serial, I even attended the 500-episode celebration party.

Modi hasn't paid me for March, April and May. To top it, Modi told me he wouldn't pay me as per my current fee structure (he was given a raise since January). How could he go back on his commitment? When I put my foot down he told me 'jo karna hai, kar lo'."

Grover also speaks about his reason for quitting the show; "I was saturated playing Arjun for nearly 500 episodes. I got better offer in Meri Aawaaz Ko Mil Gayi Roshni (where he plays Raj), so I quit."

Tu tu main main

Where's my money?
Karan Grover
On the other hand, Modi is shocked that Grover has asked Cine Artistes Association to intervene. "Everybody the TV industry knows I don't hold back payments. In fact, Grover has to pay me for the losses I incurred due to him. Because he had to leave we worked night shifts. I won't clarify further. I will take him to court.

He left my serial midway and broke the contract signed by him. He left me in the lurch," adds the producer.

Grover retorts, "I did not leave Modi in the lurch. I had given two-month notice and requested that he should terminate my character. That was done. I had a contract with Modi only for the first year. I haven't signed any papers after that."

Contributed by:Anishma
StayStrong thumbnail
Baliye Money!!
[16 Jul 2007]

Our telly couples are demanding such fat remunerations that the channel organizing third season of Nach Baliye is finding it a very tough task to go ahead. While the more established stars are busy with their daily soaps, the lesser ones are demanding unheard of money to participate in the show. Some telly stars are not comfortable with the idea of being seen as a couple though they have been dating each other for quite some time now.

As a source says about the whole problem, ' The telly stars are asking for unheard of money for the show. It's simply beyond our budget. We have had approached at least twenty couples. The biggest problem we faced this year was that the couples who has been dating are not prepared to come out in open. They were extremely uncomfortable when we approached them for the show.'

However, the channel has finalized the following eight couples for the show and the signing process will begin this weak. Rakhi Sawant- Abhishek Awashthi, Indraneil Sengupta-Barkha Bisht, Sandeep Baswana- Ashlesha Sawant, Aamir Ali- Sanjeeda Sheikh, Kishwar Merchant- Hiten Paintal, Kiran Karmarkar- Rinku, Pooja Ghai- Vikaas Kalantari, Kavita Kaushik- Karan Grover, Karna Patel- Amita Chandekar. Another couple will be decided this week and the show will go on air in September.

Contributed By:RIVER
-ialwayswill- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

'Sour'thi truths
   By: Vickey Lalwani
   July 23, 2007
------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------
What money? you owe me!
Asit Modi
Karan Grover and Asit Modi producer of Saarrthi are at war. Grover has filed a complaint against Asit Modi with Cine Artistes Association for non-payment of his fees for March, April and May.

Breach of trust

When contacted, Grover says that he had no choice but to file a complaint against Modi. "After I left the serial, I even attended the 500-episode celebration party.

Modi hasn't paid me for March, April and May. To top it, Modi told me he wouldn't pay me as per my current fee structure (he was given a raise since January). How could he go back on his commitment? When I put my foot down he told me 'jo karna hai, kar lo'."

Grover also speaks about his reason for quitting the show; "I was saturated playing Arjun for nearly 500 episodes. I got better offer in Meri Aawaaz Ko Mil Gayi Roshni (where he plays Raj), so I quit."

Tu tu main main

Where's my money?
Karan Grover
On the other hand, Modi is shocked that Grover has asked Cine Artistes Association to intervene. "Everybody the TV industry knows I don't hold back payments. In fact, Grover has to pay me for the losses I incurred due to him. Because he had to leave we worked night shifts. I won't clarify further. I will take him to court.

He left my serial midway and broke the contract signed by him. He left me in the lurch," adds the producer.

Grover retorts, "I did not leave Modi in the lurch. I had given two-month notice and requested that he should terminate my character. That was done. I had a contract with Modi only for the first year. I haven't signed any papers after that."

contributed by - Anishma24

-ialwayswill- thumbnail
"Saarthi's TRPs are equivalent to some of the primetime soaps"

Chaya Unnikrishnan

Despite changes in the lead cast Saarthi, a modern-day Mahabharata, is soon nearing the 600-episode mark and producer Asit Modi is confident of taking the storyline ahead for a 1000 episodes, at least..
Asit Modi, producer of Saarthi, can't contain his happiness. His serial Saarthi has completed over 500 episodes on STAR Plus and is going strong even after two years in the running. Aired at 2.30 pm, the daily soap that comes after Kumkum and Bhabhi has probably not got as wide a publicity as its predecessors and yet has created a loyal viewership. "2.30 pm is a dead slot. It's a time when the womenfolk want to take a nap. But Saarthi managed to attract viewers with its unique storyline based on Mahabharata," points out Asit. For those who aren't tuned in to the serial, Saarthi is a modern-day Mahabharat with characters drawn from the epic. The only exception is Krishna whose character has been retained in its holy avatar. The daily has been averaging between 2.5 to 3 TRPs "which is equivalent to some of the prime-time soaps," says Asit proudly.

It's another matter that in the two years, the daily soap has undergone major changes, from the writer and location to its lead star cast. Initially, it was shot at MBC studios in Powai but later had to shift to Kandivli "because the builders wanted to use the premise for some other purpose". Neela Telefilms, Asit's banner, erected a similar set at Thakur Village and for the last six months the shots are being called from there. "I keep changing the colour scheme and bringing in new tapestry to give it a fresh look," informs Asit. Rajesh Joshi who was writing the story opted out six months ago and Jayesh Patil has taken over.

And in what could have been a major setback for the soap, but was not, was the replacement of the actress playing the protagonist Bhumika. Neha Devi Singh who was playing the role begged off for health reasons after two years of relentless shooting. "There was no acrimony, the parting was graceful and right now she has taken a break from the telly," informs Asit who nevertheless had to struggle for over a month to find another Bhumika. "Neha had established a strong brand and it wasn't easy to get somebody to fill in her shoes," he admits. He was looking for a face that was simple, strong and Indian. After numerous screen tests, he zeroed in on Zhalak Thakkar. "She accepted the challenge and though you cannot compare her to Neha, she has weaved her charm on the viewers," says the benevolent producer.

Zhalak, who is making her television debut with Saarthi, could have chosen a fresh serial for a launch-pad but "the role of Bhumika has everything an actress would want, which is why I took it up," says the pretty actress. How challenging her role was she realised only when she started shooting for it. She came at a point when the drama in the soap had reached a crescendo. Bhumika was married to Arjun but since she couldn't carry a child, Shefali had agreed to be the surrogate mother. Bhumika (Neha) who is shown to be dead, came back as Devika (Zhalak) intending to take revenge on Arjun whom she suspects of killing Bhumika (Phew!). Quite complicated, isn't it? Yet, Zhalak with the able support of her co-stars Anang Desai and Renuka Israni sailed through the difficult scenes and today is holding her own as a widow with a child in the serial. In six months, her role has journeyed through an entire phase of life... and death.

The next upheaval in the daily happened when Arjun aka Karan Grover wanted to opt out of the noon soap in the hope of gaining more exposure on a primetime daily, Meri Awaaz Ko Roshni Mil Gayee. Instead of replacing the actor, Asit decided to do away with the character itself and Arjun was killed in an accident.

Two days ago, Karan registered a complaint with Cine Artists Association that Asit hasn't paid him all his dues. On his part Asit says that all the payments have been made and in fact, Karan owes him money in lieu of the losses he suffered due to the latter's sudden exit. "I had to shoot at nights to create a bank of episodes as I was left in the lurch," he points out.

However, the show or rather the soap goes on, and this week a new character Shyam played by Manav Gohil enters the drama as an observer appointed by a Court which is investigating Arjun's death. Bhumika accuses her devar yuvraj of foul play and of causing the accident. Though Mansen admits that his son (Yuvraj) is responsible, he appeals to the better sense of Bhumika and asks for forgiveness. (Mansen's character is based on Dhritarashtra while Nawab signifies the Kauravas for whom the father had a soft spot despite their follies.) Bhumika of course refuses to let him go scot-free and registers a complaint and the case is being fought in the Court. Meanwhile, Mansen unearths a dark secret from Bhumika's past and claims that she is actually Devika! That sets the entry of Court Observer to find out the truth.

Manav, who is acting for the first time in an afternoon soap is looking forward to the role. "Though he is seeking the truth, he comes across as a very lovable shayari reciting, smiling character. Initially, it will start off as a cameo and if dates permit will continue," informs Manav who has another show in the pipeline. Post Nach Baliye, Manav along with his wife Shweta Kawatra has been performing for corporate shows. That explains his absence from the telly circuit. "I had taken a break, but now I am back," he smiles.

Zhalak who will be working with Manav for the first time avers that his track is good and the story is poised for another interesting turn.

Meanwhile, Asit who has to his credit many successful comedies like Hum Sab Ek Hai, Yeh Duniya Rangeen and Meri Biwi Wonderful is planning to return to his favourite genre soon. He's even working on a new show for one of the leading channels but what he is most excited about is a film which he will announce shortly.
contributed by - sia lovely
-ialwayswill- thumbnail
Manav Gohil serves hot  </>

Thursday, August 02, 2007  
Subscribe to Newsletter

Television actor and anchor Manav Gohil speaks about his favourites. He also gives tips on how to serve food hot.

Are you a complete foodie or do you watch what you eat?
I'm a complete foodie.

Your favourite cuisine – Continental/Oriental/Indian/others.
It would be Thai, but I can have Indian food anytime.

What do your prefer - homemade food or outside food?
Definitely homemade food.

Your preference - vegetarian or non-vegetarian food?
Non-veg.

Drink that you like with your food?
No, I do not like to drink anything while having food.

Your favourite beverage?
I think it would be ice-tea or lassi.

Any hard drink that you take?
I like malt.

What about junk food?
I do not like junk food, but if there is no choice, I would settle for a freshly-baked pizza.

Your favourite fast food joint?
I visit Brio, which is in Stopper's Stop, Juhu, though not too frequently. It has a branch at Hypercity Malad. I like the sandwiches that they serve.

Organic Aloo or Batata Vada?
Batata Vada.

Favourite restaurant/eating place which you think is a must-visit by all and sundry?
I think it would be Thai Ban which is at Bandra. This outlet serves very good Thai food.

Your take on diet and health food.
I think that diets should be an integral part of daily life. You should keep track of what you are eating and when. For example, I avoid rotis and rice after 9 pm, instead I take subzi or dal or chicken.

What would be that one dish which you will not be able to resist?
I think that would be khichdi. In fact, I overeat whenever I am served this dish.

Could you share the recipe with us?
A: Serves 8
Ingredients

2 cups rice
1 cup toor dal
7-8 cups water
salt to taste
12 sp turmeric powder
1 sp jeera or cumin
6-7 curry leaves
For making a puree
2 tomatoes
2 onions
8 garlic cloves
8 pepper seeds
3 dry whole chillies
4 cloves
4 inches of tejpatta or bay leaves

Method
First, grind the ingredients of the puree in the mixer. Put rice and toor dal together in a bowl and wash it well. Take a small cooker and put it on the flame. Put some ghee into it. Once the ghee is hot, add jeera and let it turn brown. Then add turmeric powder and curry leaves to it. Now add the puree to it. Add salt and stir for five to seven minutes. Add the toor dal and rice to the mixture. Now add seven to eight cups of water to it. Then close the cooker and let it whistle 4-5 times. Serve it hot.
contributed by - crazy_pretty86
vaishnavi