dures thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
Urvashi Sharma lowers her Naqaab

Model turned actress Urvashi Sharma will be making her debut in Abbas-Mastan's thriller Naqaab starring Bobby Deol and Akshaye Khanna. Unperturbed that her movie releases on Friday the 13th, Urvashi can't wait for Naqaab to hit the screens today.

And even before the world can see what Urvashi is all about, TIPS films have signed her for an-8 film contract thereby increasing interest in this new actress. Sharma already has to her credit two music video – Something Something by Mika and Doorie by Atif Aslam – and has done commercials for Garnier, TBZ and Ponds.
Naqaab is about two men fighting for Urvashi's love but the story gets a mysterious twist when a third person is shown to be capturing the three of them through a video camera. Quite excited about her entry into Bollywood and the chance to share the silver screen with Akshaye Khanna and Bobby Deol, Urvashi Sharma speaks to us about her plans for Bollywood.

Below is an excerpt from an interview:

Like all other actresses will you say an entry into Bollywood 'just happened' to you?

I was always interested in acting and modelling helped me start my journey towards it. It's all about timing. My ad campaigns which were simultaneously splashed across all media caught the attention of the producers at TIPS films, who then contacted Elite Modelling Agency who manage my modelling assignments. I did a screen test for Naqaab with Abbas-Mastan and was then signed for the film. And now they have signed me for an 8-film contract.

Tell us about your role in Naqaab

It's a very interesting role. I must say it was quite a challenging one. It revolves on the three protagonists and how the mask is slowly unveiled, that will destroy their future. But, I'm sure you would understand that since Naqaab is a thriller, I can't specify my role. But the script is fantastic - it's an edge of the seat thriller. With such a huge set up including Abbas-Mustan, the masters in this genre at the helm, and Bobby Deol and Akshaye Khanna… I really couldn't ask for more. It's such a dream come true.

Naqaab stars Bobby Deol and Akshaye Khanna... Did you ever think that you might get sidelined?

With regards to being sidelined I never ever felt like that. It's such a complex role for my debut film, which help me portray a range of emotions. And both Akshaye and Bobby made me feel very comfortable. They were both very sweet.

Tell us me about your interaction with Bobby and Akshaye.
Truly, I found Akshaye Khanna very sweet. He is just so talented…In fact he used to always help me whenever I used to get stuck in some scenes. He used to enact those scenes with my lines and show it to me. He too made me feel very comfortable and was very patient since it was my first film. As far as Bobby is concerned, I think he is such a nice human being and a good actor. He too made me so comfortable on the sets. He was so patient and also taught me to dance freestyle when I had to do a dance steps without choreography. Also, the fact that I am a Punjabi, added to the comfort level on the sets.

What's next after Naqaab for you?

Right now I am just living my dream. This is where I always aspired to be! It is so different from modelling where you just pose for the camera, give your shot and you are done. There is so much hard work involved behind the grease and paint. I see movies in a different light now. I am just waiting for Naqaab to release. TIPS film is charting my career. I am already getting a lot of feelers from other banners too. But I will speak about it at the right time…

Any Bollywood movies that you have seen till date and wish you get a chance to do a similar role?

This will always be my wish list: Priyanka in Aitraaz, Aishwarya in Hum Dil de Chuke Sanam, Madhuri in Hum Aapke Hain Kaun and Devdas, Sridevi in Sadma, Kareena Kapoor and Konkana Sen Sharma in Omkara.

Any particular heroes in Bollywood that you would like to work with?

Amongst the heroes, I love Shah Rukh Khan, Hrithik Roshan, Saif Ali Khan, Akshay Kumar…shall I continue?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

JonasBros_me<3 thumbnail
^ yes i agree. i wanna watch this film. hopefully its gud as she explains it!
DeSi*KuRi* thumbnail

she is really pretty... cant wait to watch the movie!!!!😛

Terenaina thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
8-film contract???   Whooa, she's new and already signed to 8 films 😛

And her first movie it's with great and big actors like akshay and bobby 😛 , lucky her
Edited by veryuniquestyle - 16 years ago
prettyzinta thumbnail
i dun think she is tht pretti still
Bengalichick thumbnail
Shes pretty...1st I saw her in Dorrie- Atif Aslam.
The film looks good, cant waite 4 it! 😊