madumithas thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

Hi all,

The beauty tips thread was gone...so i am starting a new one here.

OK, i have long (just above hips) wavy hair, i am medium complexioned......can anyone give me an idea of what colors to choose for the hair. I also like the streaks in the hair(not blonde).

I am kind of lost about the colors. Also can anyone recommend a good parlour in chennai (adyar, alwarpet, mylapore area) to do this?

Thanks

Madhu

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

supree thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
The beauty thread is gone?! Oh no!   😕

Thanks Madhu for opening a new one. But I came looking for it to find some remedies for my Acne/Veiyil Katti which I got for the last 2 days on my face.
I remember reading some nice tips on that. Plus I'm having a too too much of hair fall lately. If it continues at this rate, I don't know what's going to happen to my head. I am a little worried about it. 😭 So thought I would visit and collect some ideas on best shampoo, what to do to avoid hair fall..etc. It's too bad that the thread is gone. 😭 😭

Madhu, for you question, I'm sorry , I don't know any parlours in Chennai (am currently in U.S) and also no experience about the hair colors. (In fact, it's about time for me to educate myself in this line as my head started showing grey hairs. ) Will learn it along with you, when others reply.

p.s. A special humble request: Is the old thread which was gone recoverable?!! Is there a way we can get it back?!
Knowlegable people on this, please shed some light. Thanks in advance! 😊
madumithas thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I think the moderators can bring it back/ Send a pM to Atina
supree thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
yeah I did and she brought it out for us! 👏

Thanks a bunch to Atina!!
Caryn thumbnail
I wonder why they took it out first place. Anyway, thanks Atina. 👏

Mahdu, I am medium complexion like you. (or what people will describe me as olive skinned. I have developed grey hair (apparently heritage) at 18 and now 90% of my hair is silver. So I go to a nice saloon to dye my hair. My natural hair is dark brown. So my hair is in the same dark brown colour and I have asked the stylist to give me red highlights. She did such a way is that instead of giving red on top too much, she did give the highlights in between. In between layers I mean.   So it came out blended with browns and reds. It was not too bright nor it was too bland. There was a right texture for it.

Well, end of the day.... I had so many compliements from various people even some who knows me by sight but never spoke to me before.

Another time, I tried brown with blonde highlights - again I got compliements for it. But I chose dark blond highlights. This time she put a lot on top so again. Go on Madhu be daring. 😉 There is also brownish blonde (Wella I think).

Hmmm........ my highlights are gone, now that I have new hair cut. Maybe I will go for another round. Shall I try pink? 🤔 (although I hate pink)

My hair is thinning a lot. Apparently I have sensitive skin and my roots are not strong enough. I need someone to give me an idea what to do. Without affecting my dye of course.

If I am not working I won't be bothering with the dyes. Let my silver hair grow and give it a blonde highlights. Then I will look like Pam Anderson with lots of tan.  😆 Unfortunately, I cannot do that in business world. Edited by Caryn - 16 years ago
Caryn thumbnail
Supree

All are trial in choosing your colours. If you get professionally done, get some advice. I know in US the saloons offer professional advice for first timers.

If you are doing on your own, get permanent colours and darker colour for trial, like dark brown, mahonay, etc. You cannot go wrong in that. Cut out black. It is totally artificial. Many of you must notice that even though you are asians, your hair is not totally black esp Indians.

Follow the instructions to the par. If says 15 mins, then 15 mins it is. This is all for the first trial. If the greys have not coloured, then sit for another 5-10 mins and no longer. I did silly thing of staying too long and that could be the cause of hair thinning.

The permanent colours can last at least 6 weeks. That is good. Because here it won't last even for 4 weeks.

Anyway, if you are dying your hair, take care of your hair. Make sure you moisture your hair with serum etc of and on. Cause your hair tend to dry out because of the chemical. Go for steaming your hair.