Victim or culprit?

Malashetty thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

http://www.deccan.com/TV%20Guide/TV%20GuideDescription.asp#V ictim%20or%20culprit?

Hi

this has come in deccan chronicle, since It is about India-forums, I did not know where to post it, anyways read below:

Television heartthrob Iqbal Khan's pretty wife Sneha is in the eye of the storm for allegedly having a malicious online anti-Balaji avatar

If you thought vicious vamps and twisted plots were part of K serials alone, you couldn't be more wrong. And you don't have to take our word for it. Just log on to one of the online forums that discusses Indian TV shows, and you will be surprised by the theatrics that go on. One such dramatic post that has been going on for about three years now, is responsible for dubbing Sneha Khan, wife of television heartthrob Iqbal Khan, as the internet bashing queen 'dinky21/15'.

Starting on the India forums website under the name 'dinky21', this mean member of the forum who claimed to be Iqbal Khan's "sweetheart" Sneha, has spared no one. Her posts are mostly pro-Khan but everyone else dealing with Khan in the industry are at the receiving end of rude comments. 'Dinky' who later claimed to be Iqbal's wife, called Ekta a "criminal" and continued bashing all of Iqbal's co-workers, especially Neha Bamb aka Kripa of Kaisa Yeh Pyaar Hain. So much so that moderators of the forum who couldn't control 'dinky's' malicious posts were forced to close down one section of the forum and ban her.

But she returned as 'dinky15' and this time with a more venomous attitude towards Neha Bamb. "I want to strangle her to death", "I'll kill her if she comes to my wedding" and "I can't stand her voice. infact i love the person dubbing for her... i wud be cursed if i heard kripa's (Bamb's) real voice..." are some of the comments targeted at Neha Bamb, who along with Iqbal, makes the hit Angad-Kripa pair. Though this is common knowledge in the industry now, Neha rubbishes these claims. "When you are a public personality, some people like you while others don't, all for reasons unknown to you. I am not bothered and don't have any time for such trivial matters. I'd rather concentrate on my work."

Though rumours have it that this is also one of the reasons that the Balaji camp and other co-actors are miffed with Iqbal Khan, the actor completely denies that it could be his wife. He says, "It's an open forum. Anyone can assume any identity and say anything that comes to their mind. That doesn't mean that it is true. Sneha is my wife and she would never stoop to such levels. I have been aware of such comments doing the rounds for the last couple of years and I've never attached much importance to them."

He adds, "Why would she want to do such a thing... it's so stupid! It's such a negative thing to do and my wife is definitely a part of the positive side in my life. She's not capable of such acts. Even if we assume that she said those things, why would she need to hide behind a false name? Tomorrow someone else may assume another identity and pretend it's her; that doesn't mean it will actually be my wife." While Iqbal continues to support his wife, the saga continues on posts across the Net. wonder if Ekta smells a story here?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

buttercup thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
Its already been posted in other sections.
therefore im closing it.