Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

rat718 thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
Hey guys, I do not think we should be personally attack any one. If that is the cause he is commited to, let him be. That is what is called democracy, and freedom of speech. However, though I support him in his/her views, I beleive that one cannot make some one do/not do some thing. There are a lot of intelligent people who smoke (including lung doctors!). Therefore unless a person realises for himself/herself, no one can pursue him/her to do something. Maturity/time is key in most cases. On the other hand if some one feels that they can do something to discourage serial watching,they are welcome to try. Good luck.
Aparna_BD thumbnail

Originally posted by: rat718

Hey guys, I do not think we should be personally attack any one. If that is the cause he is commited to, let him be. That is what is called democracy, and freedom of speech. However, though I support him in his/her views, I beleive that one cannot make some one do/not do some thing. There are a lot of intelligent people who smoke (including lung doctors!). Therefore unless a person realises for himself/herself, no one can pursue him/her to do something. Maturity/time is key in most cases. On the other hand if some one feels that they can do something to discourage serial watching,they are welcome to try. Good luck.

You are Absolutely right .BUT  ............ The orignal post guy first decided to launch an attack on people who enjoy watching t.v shows . And he decided that he is "intelligent " one , should we all whip out our IQ scales and start measuring are IQ levels . No this is a fun forum and this one is for debating not putting people down . Also this is a tv serial discussion forum , assuming most people have one common interest- TV Shows . What is he doing here if he dislikes TV shows , is he here to attack people who come to this forum and discuss the TV shows they watch ???
I am not going have some 20 year old kiddo tell me that i am wasting my time on tv shows . If you want to start a debate , thats what this forum is for .........but the orignal post guy decided to attack !!! Watch it kiddo ( orignal post guy) , show some respect  for those who think differently from you !!!
Edited by indygirl - 18 years ago
ndtvideas thumbnail
Hey indygirl,
The message that I m trying to send out is intended for people who r addicted to these rubbish soaps , So , I cannot go to a forum , where people do not discuss these issues .
Can't go to a saloon to cure an illnes ?I don't know abt u?
What say u?
Aparna_BD thumbnail
NDTV ideas what i don't understand is why don't you get some other project , something more usefull .....something that will make serious differences in people's lives , please tell me how does addiction to serials causes any problems to ones self or others. And pray tell me what do you do with your free time , i am seriously very curious now .

Now lets say people stop watching serials , now what is your advise to them , what should they do instead??????

Start with these case studies . BY THE WAY THEY ARE PEOPLE'S ACTUAL LIVES ....NOT MADE UP .
Let me tell you .CASE STUDY FOR YOU PART 1 : I am a 31 year old girl who lives in the U.S with her husband and dogs . In the evening after i finish work and come back from the Gym . I have 3- 4 hours in the evening before bedtime . ( Oh by the way , most times my husband isn't in town).......and i do meet my buddies on weekends . Oh and i do read before turning off to bed ....... before that i spend watching 2-3 hours of mind numbing soaps . It does entertain and it does relax me .And i am addicted to them !

CASE STUDY -2
I AM A 58 YEAR OLD WOMAN LIVING IN INDIA , MY HUSBAND AND I DON'T GET ALONG AND DON'T SHARE ANYTHING ANY INTERESTS ANYMORE. ALL MY CHILDREN ARE MARRIED AND LIVE IN OTHER CITIES , COUNTRIES . I HAVE NOTHING TO LOOK FORWARD ON A DAY TO DAY BASIS,ESPECIALLY EVENINGS , BUT SERIALS HELP ME FORGET THAT I HAVE VERY LONELY LIFE . YES I DO EXERCISE , DO PUJA TWICE A DAY AND I AM A HOUSE WIFE , WHAT SHOULD I DO IN THE EVENINGS IF NOT WATCH TV SERIALS ??????????? DON'T ASK ME TO READ .....I HATE TO READ !! NO PATIENCE .

I WANT YOU TO TELL ME HOW I SHOULD SPEND MY EVENING ......NOT GETTING BORED .....OR STRESSING OVER MY LIFE'S PROBLEMS !!!! I AM ALL EARS . I REALLY WANT TO KNOW ????????????????? ❓ Edited by indygirl - 18 years ago
Signora2 thumbnail
nDTV Ideas,
one cannot impose ones wishes on others, to each its own, yes there are several serials that are not upto the mark, but we have limited choices, surely after a hard day in college or work one generally looks for lighter stuff.What are ur plans for weaning out people from this so called addiction? signora2    
Signora2 thumbnail
nDTV Ideas,
one cannot impose ones wishes on others, to each its own, yes there are several serials that are not upto the mark, but we have limited choices, surely after a hard day in college or work one generally looks for lighter stuff.What are ur plans for weaning out people from this so called addiction? signora2    
ndtvideas thumbnail
For people who want my suggestions on other ways of easing stress, here are my suggestions:

1) Listen to music (classical,western,pop,metal,country,easy listening,reggae,.....)
Entertainment + easing stress
2) Reading books
(fiction,non-fiction,techinal,....)
3) Reading newspapers
(general,business,...)
It will open your mind
4) Chatting with your friends , family members, etc
The lack of which in todays life is due to these idiotic soaps
5)Finally doing YOGA !
Bet , there is no better way of easing out stress ....

I feel that watching soaps is just an excuse
for entertainment.
The real reason is something else , which I have also not been able to understand.
Probably , people who watch these soaps know the real reason.
Time to wake up people...More than 50 years since independence , we are still being ruled by these idiotic stuff called as SOAPS!
JAAGO INDIA !
ndtvideas thumbnail
For those people who are not aware of what TRP's mean , here is it:
TRPs stand for Television Rating Points .It is a number which indicates the popularity of any particular show in relative terms .
So , a show 'A' with a TRP of 10 is watched by more people than another show 'B' with a TRP of 5.
It does not mean that show B is not good , as that is a personal choice.It just means more people watch show A than B.
Also , TRP is measured using a device called as people meter.
TRPs enable a show to get more advertisers & also the channel can charge higher if it's TRP is better.
The larger point that I had to make was the channels(incl. producres,actors) do not give a damn about the people who watch their shows . Their only concern is that they should get a high TRP.
So , do you people want to be reduced to these statisctics / numbers or do you want to have your identity .
Please reply to this only with proper logical views , as I do not like reading idiotic, foolish views (or as they say "kachra")
JAAGO INDIA ! Edited by ndtvideas - 18 years ago
Aparna_BD thumbnail

NDTV Ideas ,I asked you a question , how is serial watching harming any one at all ?And why can't you  understand that IT DOES ENTERTAIN PEOPLE .......whether you belive it or not !!! I gave you 2 case studies above .....you don't have the material to respond i supposse and your argument remains baseless !!
 i am reminded of  that prowl the websites and go to people just to stir up some action . Theres a diet site , where people like you will come and make anti diet coments , then you'll go to "SPCA" to attack those poor people who are pro animals . They will go to womens choice site - and preach anti abortion , anti IVF , anti what ever the website stands for, harry potter fan sites get their fair share of weirdos like you attacking them . I guess we'll never know why you  waste your time instead of taking up your own suggestion on how to spend time. So this is my last post to you .

I think people like you are very dangerous and every one should refrain from even talking to you on the internet . Who knows what else you do in your free time !JUST LEAVE US ALONE !!

Edited by Aparna_BD - 18 years ago
msidhu thumbnail

Originally posted by: ndtvideas

For people who want my suggestions on other ways of easing stress, here are my suggestions:

1) Listen to music (classical,western,pop,metal,country,easy listening,reggae,.....)
Entertainment + easing stress
2) Reading books
(fiction,non-fiction,techinal,....)
3) Reading newspapers
(general,business,...)
It will open your mind
4) Chatting with your friends , family members, etc
The lack of which in todays life is due to these idiotic soaps
5)Finally doing YOGA !
Bet , there is no better way of easing out stress ....

I feel that watching soaps is just an excuse
for entertainment.
The real reason is something else , which I have also not been able to understand.
Probably , people who watch these soaps know the real reason.
Time to wake up people...More than 50 years since independence , we are still being ruled by these idiotic stuff called as SOAPS!
JAAGO INDIA !

*** dont u get the point that when people come from work, school or w.e they rather doing something that wont work up their minds?? so how  would they read a freakin book or newspaper? Chatting... hmmm couldnt u think of something better than that or r u so boring?? Yoga...  how the hell is that enetertaining? Man u must have a boring life so *** u come on the net to tell people what they should be doing and what they shouldnt being doing.. why dont u give up already and start on your yoga?!?!

***Post partially edited for Personal attacks***

Edited by MysticaMagic - 18 years ago