Sorry Indian serails

Posted: 18 years ago

I am one of those few intellegient person , who does not waste time watching stupid televison serials on the idiot box.

All the soaps on all the channels (be it Sony ,Zee ,Star Plus , Sahara,etc ; not necessarily in that order)  are meant to brainwash gullible viewers .They corrupt the minds of the people.

They have only one intention ; to increase their TRPs ,

So , while the viewer desparately waits for something to happen , the channel drags the soaps for years on end , sometimes with stories so mundane & stupid , but the viewer still continues to watch the soap .The fact is that these serials are dragged for so long , that a story(or rather no-story) , which could be shown within 30 minutes is showed over a period of 30 weeks (if not more ) , with silly idiotic stuff .

I have one simple question to whover watches these soaps ; What do you get by watching these soaps ?

I know some people if asked will give silly answers like they entertain us or help us relax , ...,but the fact is they serve no purpose .

It's sad to see that even educated people don't understand the logic behind running these serials , let alone illiterate people from rural areas.

The only gainer out of these trash serials are the people associated with it ; producres , directors , actors ,etc ; while the comman man watching this stands to gain nothing .

So , my intention is to get people to understand the reality & not get addicted to these rubbish stuff.

I hope , you will stop watching these soaps after reading this .

After i read your post i was hit by this divine light , and it changed my life . And i realised i had wasted several hours of my life "entertaining" myself . If you had not posted this before i would have continued wasting my life watching serials .So i bow to you . thank you . I hope someday you may be recognised for the great words of wisdom you gave this forum ,and in due course the world !! 👏
i have always supported this, execpt that it is interesting here, if you are new in another nation and the normal tv does not provide the same soaps, than you can watch them.

it is a waste of time... but it is only 30 min of your daily time, not like 30 hrs.

some people watch all these rubbish serials from 7.30 to 11.30.. oh first if kumkum the kahi then ksbkbt then kkusum... i just watch one serial to refresh my mind... only one

same here, i watch jassi, and maybe kkusum once in a while.. nothing that will stop me from doing things important and things that i love. Some people do get addicted, but you really cant be that judgemental of ppl who do watch a serial religiously, because no matter how much u deny it, the serials are a form of enjoyment and relaxation. But i do agree that no one should get so caught up in a serial that it consumes their lives.

everybody has thr own ways to spend time. and im sure thr are things you do that other ppl might think "wastn" time.  thats all i have to say!
Originally posted by ndtvideas

I am one of those few intellegient person , who does not waste time watching stupid televison serials on the idiot box.

All the soaps on all the channels (be it Sony ,Zee ,Star Plus , Sahara,etc ; not necessarily in that order)  are meant to brainwash gullible viewers .They corrupt the minds of the people.

They have only one intention ; to increase their TRPs ,

So , while the viewer desparately waits for something to happen , the channel drags the soaps for years on end , sometimes with stories so mundane & stupid , but the viewer still continues to watch the soap .The fact is that these serials are dragged for so long , that a story(or rather no-story) , which could be shown within 30 minutes is showed over a period of 30 weeks (if not more ) , with silly idiotic stuff .

I have one simple question to whover watches these soaps ; What do you get by watching these soaps ?

I know some people if asked will give silly answers like they entertain us or help us relax , ...,but the fact is they serve no purpose .

It's sad to see that even educated people don't understand the logic behind running these serials , let alone illiterate people from rural areas.

The only gainer out of these trash serials are the people associated with it ; producres , directors , actors ,etc ; while the comman man watching this stands to gain nothing .

So , my intention is to get people to understand the reality & not get addicted to these rubbish stuff.

I hope , you will stop watching these soaps after reading this .

hmm alright then WHATEVERRR

I love it. You are one of the smartest people who I have encoutered in a long time. Good job. Keep repeating what you said maybe people will listen to you. I totally agree with you😊.  
Thank you all the people for supporting me . I am really very happy to find u all supporting me on these issues 😊 😊
But , I would like to do something concrete about the issue . My aim is to get people away from these rubbish stuff & understand the reality.
So ,it would be great if u could provide some ideas & put it here .
One way of taking these issue further is if each one of us posting these issue on a many other forums .
I will need u r help.
Once again , Thanks 😛
[FONT]
 !!! You really think people want to stop watching
serials. Especially if you asked them to. Why don't you take a project
that will certainly make a difference in people's lives , like doing
away with poverty , teanage pregnancy , India and Pakistan not fighting
over Kashmir ,cruelty to animals , abuse of women , abuse of children,
fighting terrorism ......etc etc .....see there so many ideas .
Work on them By the way what is it that you do in your free time , for entertainment , for relaxing ????

Edited by Aparna_BD - 18 years ago

Originally posted by indygirl

hey get a life !!! You really think people want to stop watching serials. Especially if you asked them to. Why don't you take a project that will certainly make a difference in people's lives , like doing away with poverty , teanage pregnancy , India and Pakistan not fighting over Kashmir ,cruelty to animals , abuse of women , abuse of children, fighting terrorism ......etc etc .....see there so many ideas . Work on them By the way what is it that you do in your free time , for entertainment , for relaxing ????

I totally agree with u!! its like why doesnt that *** tell us what we can do to pass time... and why the hell is he on this website if it has to with television.i bet he has ntn else todo thentell ppl what todo.he sounds like such a fag

*** Edited by moderator. PLEASE refrain from personal attacks *** Edited by sai14 - 18 years ago