Tomiko thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

Ahem; Ahem.....here's my Tango scene guys - sorry for the delay!😳

Purely fictional and inspired by Leena's post (so if it doesn't turn out right you can clame her!πŸ˜†)

It's guilt free so as far as I'm concerned; Pranay is positive with no Ishi behind him!πŸ˜ƒ

Also; I've never tangoed in my life (other than a few seconds whilst I tried to make sense of the instructionsπŸ€”) and all the information's come from various sites so might be confusing - sowwy!

Radha incessantly tugged at the hem of her dress; praying that it would budge and at least slide over to cover her knees; but the black halter neck remained insistent as it curved gently and fell elegantly over her body revealing the well toned legs she had acquired from running around her house and the hospital all day.  She looked breathtaking with her hair falling loosely over her back, a few loose tendrils pinned up to divulge her face whilst some simple eye make up outlined her doe like eyes.

Even so she felt uncomfortable as she nervously stepped in to the crowded party flaunting the top doctors of Mumbai with several familiar faces from her own hospital.  The blaring music drowned out the lively chatter of the nurses, the low whispers of the doctors and the gentle clinking of wine glasses as the whole hall celebrated the acquisition of the new ward.

Radha hoped she could find Pranay sir; give her congratulations before slipping away unnoticed.  However that was not to be as a head turned her way, followed by a whisper; and then another head and more whispers.  Soon many of her colleagues had spotted her and were whispering furiously amongst themselves – what a sight it must be to see Radha; the quite, polite and innocent nurse; dressed in a flowing dress that barely covered her legs.

Wrapping her arms tightly around upper body, Radha cursed herself for so easily agreeing to Ankita and allowing her sister to dress her so adventurously for the party.  She could only be thankful that Aai had retired to bed early and Meghna was propped up in bed with Avi massaging her aching feet – otherwise she was sure even stepping out of the front door would have been impossible.

But now she wished that Aai had been awake; Meghna had been up and about; at least they would have stopped her from acting so foolish as she was now sure that every familiar face in the party was gossiping about her. 

She was therefore not surprised when she heard a high-pitched drawl behind her.

"My, my Radha.  Somebody seems to have dressed up today."

Radha turned to face Sajni dressed in a racy red number, boasting her ample assets.

"I thought you did not come to parties.  But then again, Pranay sir had invited you so sweetly – I'm sure you could not have refused"

She grinned slyly, flashing her teeth as Radha looked downwards.  She was not one to fight unnecessarily, though that did not stop her from coming to the conclusion that this woman was downright infuriating.

She was hoping that Sajni has taken her fill and would move one but alas, lady luck was not on her side today and Radha noticed – much to her mortification – Sajni calling out to Pranay in a sugary sweet voice.

"Pranay sir…"

Radha watched shyly from under her lashes as Pranay (dressed immaculately in a black suit) turned at the sound of Sajni's voice and smiled at her pleasantly, being the gentleman that he was.

"Sir; why are you standing all alone – why not dance with Radha?  I've heard she's great at the tango!"

Radha looked at Sajni aghast as Pranay turned towards her, his brown eyes sparkling under the many lights.

"Really, I wouldn't have thought so."

He looked – amused.  Who wouldn't?  The idea of Radha doing something like the tango was unimaginable!

He would have to hold her waist and guide her through the dance; the thoughts itself made Radha blush profusely and she tumbled over her words to convince Pranay otherwise.

"Urm; sir I…I me-ean I…"

Sajni laughed synthetically and intervened before Radha could say anything.

"Actually sir; she's just really shy.  But if you don't ask her then I'm sure someone else will."

She winked at Pranay and pushed Radha slightly towards him who tumbled in to his arms.  Her cheeks turned crimson from embarrassment but Pranay simply smiled warmly.

"So Miss. Radha – will you dance with me?"

Transfixed by his gaze she just nodded dumbly, allowing him to whisk her away to the dance floor where many couples were already trying hard to keep up with song whilst Sajni smirked and moved over to the bar – after all, she had to get a good view of Radha fumbling.

Radha jumped as she felt Pranay slide his hand around her waist causing her to finally look up at him.  She was already nervous; the soft chocolate colour of his eyes only increased her uneasiness and she looked away hastily to notice the fast paced dances around her.  She couldn't – not in front of everyone.

"You can't tango can you?"

She turned slightly towards Pranay who was watching her intently, a small smile playing on his lips that caused her to become tongue-tied again.  She opted for staying mute causing the smile to widen slightly.

"Don't worry; I think I can teach you a few steps"

He whispered to her gently, his grip tightening ever so tightly on her waist causing her to shudder despite the warmth.

"I lead and you follow with the opposite foot okay?"

She nodded again; this time less nervous and he wondered if he'd seen a smile?  But it had disappeared as fast as it came.

Loosening his hold, Pranay guided her through the steps, murmuring instructions as she dutifully followed.  He moves his left foot to the side and she followed with her right.  He placed his right foot behind his left and turned in the same direction as she placed her left foot back.

He pivoted first to the right; and then back to the left; eyes firmly fixed on Radha as she followed his actions, surprisingly without too much concentration.  A fast learner he presumed.

Taking her in his arms he swung her around; sliding her body across his as they both turned to look at each other before he pulled her up gently and twirled her away before bringing her sharply back in so that she collided in to his body; her face only inches away from his before a demure smile appeared on her lips and she pushed him away; twisting and turning to the music as he followed her every move; bringing her back in to him time and time again.

They had gradually picked up pace until the violins, piano, doublebass and bandoneons merged in to a soft hum and they became aware of nothing but their panting as Radha led the way – seducing and flirting with him whilst he followed, protecting her.

The air between them lay heavy with desire as she twirled out and he pulled her back towards him before lifting her up and twirling her around, her hands lying softly against his face as they watched each other zealously.

He put her back down; twirling her once more before she pushed him away; felt him pulling her back and she finsihed elaborately, breaking the balance and ending on his chest.

There was silence as they looked at each other; only broken by their panting as their chests heaved from the effort of the dance though they had not taken their eyes of each other once.

Suddenly the hall erupted in to fierce applaud and Radha pulled herself up; blushing profusely as she realised everyone had been watching.  Pranay's arm was still lying comfortable around her waist as if it was the most natural thing for him to do and she had to step away slightly so that eh would realise.

Looking up she found his gaze fixed on her; his lips tightly pressed together as if he was trying hard to suppress his smile but it slipped and she found herself blushing again.

"Congratulations on the new ward sir.  Goodnight."

She whispered shyly, barely catching his murmured 'goodnight' as she strode away, only stopping momentarily to whisper to Sajni (who looked furious at the way everything had turned out).

"Thanks for getting sir to dance with me Sajni; otherwise I would never have had the nerve to ask.  At last my dance classes came to some use"

She gave a rare impish smile before disappearing out the door as Pranay watched her retreating back; admiration in his eyes as he barely acknowledged the swarm of people around him.

Still awake?πŸ₯±

I know it got kind of long and it's more like a mini FF!πŸ˜†

Edited by nibbles - 16 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

minuu thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
Awsome scenes.. awhh dnt be sorry Nabila Di πŸ‘ 😊 xEdited by lil_mizz_patel - 16 years ago
jigglypuff726 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

WOW! i must have read it at least 5 times already! great job nibs!πŸ‘πŸ‘ it was such an intense scene & so full of emotions! i just loved the way you described pranay's eyes.. soft chocolate coloured eyes.. haila.. *faint*😳😳 

now i can't wait for your fanfic!πŸ˜ƒ if only they made this made up scene into a real one.. i swear it'll be soo 😍😍😍...

Edited by jigglypuff726 - 16 years ago
omg jaanu that was AMAZING!!! πŸ‘ πŸ‘

so intense...I could imagine the entire thing!! 😳 😳

yep Sajni's smirking and later jealous face πŸ˜†

that was awesome...you have to write more scenes 😳 😳
Tomiko thumbnail

I hope you guys are speaking the truth and not buttering me up!πŸ˜†

jigglypuff726 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

^ why should we butter you up nibs? i'm sure all of us aren't lying! seriously, your story is great!πŸ‘πŸ‘

Tomiko thumbnail

Aww; that makes me feel so good seeing as I'm still kacha at writing!πŸ˜†

Thanks guys!😳

-Yuks- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
OMG Nibu!!!!!
That was so awsome jaanu!!!!πŸ‘
The dance was so perfect 😳
I could like picture the entire thing in my head 😳 😳
I wish Radha were a bit more like that with Sajni πŸ˜†
Jaan, are you going to continue this> Or keep it a one-shot?

Yuks
Edited by queenyuks - 16 years ago
Tomiko thumbnail

At the moment it's a one-shot; but if I get any more ideas then I'll continue on from here!😳

* ~ Roshni ~ * thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Nibbles that was fantastic! πŸ‘ I loved it - gr8 job πŸ˜ƒ

I could so imagine the scene 😳 it would have been hot hot hot if they actually had a scene like that 😳

Would love 2 read some more stuff like this πŸ˜ƒ