Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 16 years ago

Shutters down

Bored of playing the same character, Pankaj quits Naya Office Office

Back to Section Stories Posted On Sunday, June 24, 2007
Mail this Article Print this Article Search
View Comments Rate this Article Comments

Kunal M Shah

As hugely popular Mussaddi Lal, representing the common man in Pankaj Parasher's Office Office, Pankaj Kapoor had touched the viewers and won kudos. By popular demand the serial was re-launched some months back in a new avatar, Naya Office Office on Star One. Initially Pankaj was pretty excited about playing it all over again after 24 years. But neither the serial nor the character could hold his interest for long. Pankaj has finally decided to quit Star One's Naya Office Office and with his exit the show is coming to an end.

Pankaj Kapoor
Apparently Kapoor is bored of playing the same character and the show is about to be wrapped up. Confirming the news an actor from the show says, "Pankajji was very bored of playing the same character of Mussaddi Lal. He complained about nothing exciting happening and since he is the main protagonist of the show, there was no point in going ahead with the show. We have already stopped shooting and soon the show will go off air."

Pankaj himself said that he's had enough of it. "Yes, all of us have done it quite enough. I had to quit the show as I have many other commitments. I was certainly bored of playing the same character and it had stagnated. I am looking at films and have a couple of major offers, which will be starting some time in August."

Does it mean Kapoor is off TV now? He quickly adds, "Television functions in a very hectic manner and the pace does not suit me. But nonetheless, it was a wonderful team to work with, especially the producer and the director. It was a wonderful experience."

I was certainly bored of playing the same character and it had stagnated. I am looking at films and have a couple of major offers 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

HobbitButt thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Thats sucks..I loved him in Office Office 😭
.Saira. thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
i posted the Article yesterday.. and now my post is not there anymore.... What is this... 😡
.Saira. thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Aishi

i posted the Article yesterday.. and now my post is not there anymore.... What is this... 😡

ok maine date dhaikh lii hai....😃
Miss.Colorfull thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
that,s sad he was the only person who made the show funny