please read + help with basic makeup tips

pink500 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 16 years ago

Hi everyone,

Can someone please provide me the basic steps and products people use for makeup. My mom doesn't use makeup at all and really can't help me much. I usually never wear makeup but would really like wearing it on some occasions. My mom has bought me all kinds of makeup but I guess I don't apply it on properly because when I do it doesn't look good or looks like it is too much. The stuff I have are concealers, foundation (liquid) and I am not sure what is called -but it is the covergirl powder-I think called a compact, and lipglosses, blush and lipsticks and eyeliner and massacre.

What should I start of with? What exactly does a concealer do? When I apply the foundation should I put it all over my face. and then should I also use concealer and the compact powder at the same time? When I do this, my face always looks really powdery and very obvious that I have make up on๐Ÿ˜Š

For brownish color skin, is a pink blush good and how about lipcolor-I personally prefer like a brown color so it doesn't look like I am wearing any. Any tips on how to apply eyeliner, I can never draw a straight line and do you put it on top and bottom of the eye, and  I don't really know how to put on massacre๐Ÿ˜Š Also for eyeshadow, any recommendations on color and do you just put it on the lid or on the area above the lid?

I am so sorry about all these questions. As you can tell, I really don' t have a clue about makeup๐Ÿ˜Š I would like to start wearing some though once in awhile. I feel embarrased to ask my friends cause I am pretty old to just be starting to wear makeup

I would appreciate any input.

Thanks in advance๐Ÿ˜Š

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

priya234 thumbnail
A concealer hides your marks and other stuff you don't want ppl to c on ur face, like pimples or dark circles.

If your face looks powdery, this means the shade of the compact and foundation is too fair for ur skin.. So it won't work out. You may need to buy a new one.

I think you should practice puting on eyeliner. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Eventually it will be perfected. some ppl like to wear it on the bottome, others the top. It depends act. NAd also according to preference.

Putting on mascara depends on how ur eyelashes are.
If they are long use the tip of the brush and gently brush it over the lashes. If they ar thick, wiggle it on holding the brush sidewys. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Eyeshadow, you should stick to a browninsh tone, bcuz it looks natural. Use the brush ovr the crease. ANd then you can spread it a bit..That works.

Check out this video. it pretty much teaches how to wear makeup..

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=632931

good luck! i don't wear makeup usually either, just on occasions..hope they help ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

bollycrazy thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Hey hun! I'm a novice when it comes to make-up too! ๐Ÿ˜ณ

You can check out something called 'L'oreal Make-up Atelier'. if you type it in google it should come up! It's a video about how to wear makeup and is really helpful! You can also check the video priya234 gave u! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Hope it helps! x