anishma24 thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
'Sachinji's like God's gift to me'
15 Jun, 2007 l 0000 hrs ISTlROSHNI K OLIVERA /TIMES NEWS NETWORK

Ali Asgar, who's turned producer with a Marathi film, gives all credit to actor Sachin for his new venture.
You've turned producer with a Marathi film...

I'd been waiting for the right opportunity. I even looked at making serials but somehow things didn't work out and I also felt there was not much creative freedom there. Then came up a script, basically an experimental film. I felt why not? I spoke to Sachinji and he said go ahead I'm with you. Right from scripting to casting to every other aspect he's helped me out. He is the main protagonist in the film with others like Ashok Saraf and Mohan Joshi acting in it. Sachinji has always encouraged me to think about options, alongside acting. He is a friend, philosopher and guide to me. It's not just work, he's always been there for me. He's like God's gift to me.

But is the Marathi movie industry a viable option in terms of business?

It's growing . Besides, they are willing to experiment , something that's not possible in Bollywood. After this film we'll decide what we want to do next, whether get into Hindi movies or make another Marathi film.

Didn't you want to act in the film?

There's a very sweet character that they wanted me to do. But due to certain date issues it was not possible to co-ordinate . Right now the character is being played by Jr Mehmood and he's amazing.

On TV, between your serious role in Kahaani Ghar Ghar Ki and comic role in the upcoming Comedy Circus, which one do you prefer?

Kahaani Ghar Ghar Ki is very special and will always remain close to my heart because it came at a point in my career where it made a huge difference to me. Before Kahaani I always had comedy offers coming to me and I was getting slotted . With Kahaani... it was big risk even for Ekta (Kapoor). But it clicked. Comedy Circus that I'm now doing is a big challenge because it's not just a serial . It's a stand-up comedy with no retakes. There's immense pressure.

What about the Rishi Kapoor hangover that you seem to have?

I take that as a compliment . It was not like I would keep watching Rishi Kapoor's films and try to act like him. Maybe subconsciously it's happening. But I'm fine with that because I think he's one of the best natural actors in Bollywood. And I'm very fortunate that I got an award in front of him in Kolkata sometime back.

So, who's your all-time favourite actor?
Mehmood uncle. I was fortunate to work with him in Dushman Duniya Ka, which he made for his youngest son Mansoor.
< =text/> var RN = new String (Math.random()); var RNS = RN.substring (2,11); var b2 = '</>'; if (doweshowbellyad==1) be llyad.innerHTML = b2;

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

yipee thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 16 years ago
thanks for sharing 😊 i like him