Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

darkness_123 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 16 years ago
About one hour left! No rebuttal/closing statements??

season915 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: darkness_123

Me agrees. People definitely need to be more responsible. This was a very immature act.

Me is going to be back in just a few minutes to wind things up. Oh how I wish the producers, directors and creative heads read this debate and take some gyaan ๐Ÿ˜› out of it. Oh well, sapna mera sapna hi reh jayega...

season915 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
So, the time has come to bid adieu to Debate Championship 1. ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ

I don't want to start any rebuttals at this point but would like to present some closing points and conclude our team's debate on "Should Kyunki Saas Bhi Bahu Thi end?"

Kyunki Saas Bhi Bahu Thi should end.

KSBKBT started when I was in 7th grade and I fell in love with the pretty Tulsi and cute Mihir from the first day. Things started rolling and today, Tulsi and Mihir have gray hair and Eklavya and KT are battling out their marriage. The magic has gone. When Tulsi argued with Savita, the scene was set on fire but when Tulsi's daughters-in-law do that, people feel nothing but irritation.

There are so many things happening simultaneously in the serial that the old stories are forgotten and they contradict whatever they have said before. Yes, it is fiction but fiction is not built on by contradicting the fiction that one created before. The title serves no purpose anymore and I think, that in itself speaks that it is time now that Kyunki bids farewell to the 10:30-11:00 PM time band on Star Plus.

I think we have established by now that the content and intent is not okay for primetime television, especially since it is considered a family drama. There needs to be more quality. When Mihir died, the whole India stopped to watch but when Tulsi died a few days ago, I don't think many tears were dropped. That again speaks for the standard of this Queen K-soap.

As I have stated before, television is not only about gaining TRPs (I wonder how genuine they are, but anywayโ€ฆ). The values are gone. The simple out-of-life stories have no place in this soap anymore. To build on these so-called TRPs, they take advantage of things like rapes, re-marriages, deaths, murders, disrespect and now incest. The quality is going down the drain with every show.

As the opposing team stated, we can always hope for it improve and won't it be fun when Tulsi takes revenge? So, first of all, they did agree that it is on a low right now. And, living on hope is not the best option, I believe. One can't possibly wait for Tulsi to become Kali Ma and come and take revenge and till then, we act like couch potatoes. No, times are changing and we are in need of better television for sure. Housewives and all other women are also asking for quality now and would rather watch SRGMP or II3, then stick to these wrong-message-giving soaps.

Arguments that came up most were that people shouldn't complain and fiction should be allowed to run wild. I stick to my ground for both.

1. People have a right to complain.
  2. Since the viewers are of different ages, fiction should not run wild.

One of my biggest beliefs is that things that end on time are remembered with great reverence and respect. What would we rather have, 10-15 years from now, people saying:

1. That show was the biggest pain in my @$$?
  2. One gem of a show! Changed the face of Indian Television?

The way Kyunki is progressing right now, #1 seems more plausible. Instead of repetitive and deteriorating story-lines, why can't they just reunite everyone, instill back the sanskaars in everyone and end the story on a happy note, with people taking with them happy memories with them in their mind.

These are our team's beliefs and it was really wonderful having this debate, especially the last two days. Thanks to the Dev Team for conducting this and all the fellows memebers for partcipating. I hope to have many more fun-filled activities in this forums.

Hope you all had fun reading this as much fun we had writing this,
Adios,
Rutu

darkness_123 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Thank you to all the participants! Specially those who posted! ๐Ÿ˜†

This debate is now, officially closed.