modishh thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
Akshaye Khanna plays Gandhi's son

In Anil Kapoor's home production Gandhi My Father , Akshaye Khanna plays the son of Mahatma Gandhi.

Something like this hasn't been tried on the Indian screen before. Theatre artist Feroz Khan is directing a film that explores the relationship between Gandhi and his sons.

The film has Akshaye Khanna playing Gandhi's son Harilal. This is also Akshaye's first period film.

'Gandhi My Father' depicts the life of Harilal Gandhi from the age of 18 to 60. Harilal was the eldest of Gandhi's four sons. He had a very troubled relationship with Gandhi. Against his father's wishes Harilal converted from Hinduism to Islam, thereby deeply offending his father who eventually disowned him.

Akshaye says it was a very challenging role and he learnt many things while working on the project with director Feroz Khan who is a renowned theatre actor and director.

Intensive research has gone into the making of the film. The movie's story is based on facts.

Producer Anil Kapoor has been very secretive about the film. He has made sure that not even a single still from the movie is leaked to the media before the official promotion of the film begins.

'Gandhi My Father' is set to release in August.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

oo kool dis luks intrstin πŸ˜›
priyankap thumbnail
i hate this guy...
no offence to his fans..