Knot now, says Indraneil Sengupta

anishma24 thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

Knot now, says Indraneil Sengupta

The model-actor on when he plans to settle down with girlfriend Barkha Bisht

DEEPALI DHINGRA

Indraneil Sengupta is quite amused at reports of his planning to settle down with girlfriend Barkha Bisht. "I guess things have got blown out of proportion," he says. But even so, one does wonder whether he has popped the question to Barkha or not. "That's not the case. Of course, we have given marriage a thought but we haven't sat and taken any serious decisions," he quickly adds. In that case, it's not surprising that Indraneil does not want to dwell much on the topic and would rather talk about his work. The modelturned- actor is pretty kicked about acting in Mumbai Salsa, Vikram Bhatt's debut project as a producer. "It's an urban film which looks at the lives of eight characters who're in search of love," he says. And as for the salsa bit, Vikram clarifies that dance isn't the central theme of the story. "It's the name of a pub in the film," he adds. With seven more actors in the same frame, didn't Indraneil wish for a solo hero project to come his way? "I think the age of solo hero movies is over," believes Indraneil,
"Only two or three films out of 50 these days are solo hero films, rest are all multi-starrers." He's also realistic about the scenario. "Come on, I'm practical enough to know that I won't get a lead role in a Yash Chopra film. Besides, these days films are more storybased rather than characterbased," he adds. So where does that leave television? After all, it's TV that made Indraneil a household name with Pyar Ke Do Naam Ek Radha Ek Shyam. "Television will definitely take a backseat," says Indraneil frankly, but adds hastily, "It's not that I look down upon TV. It's just that I'm more inclined towards taking up films. Personally, I find it a better medium and at this stage of my career, I would like to concentrate more on movies," he sums up.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

~LiNa~ thumbnail
thnks so much anishma! πŸ‘

hai....Okay Neil...im happy for you...u're getting married...u got your first film...u're becoming a big star...i am genuinly happy! πŸ˜ƒ 😭 but tears come along with it...

Nishtha thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
thanx anishma for the article

and i am geniunly confused πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† leave All the best Neil for the movie 😊
and linoo stop eyeing my siggies yaar πŸ˜† the last one was made by reemu love her 😳
~LiNa~ thumbnail

Originally posted by: nishtha

thanx anishma for the article

and i am geniunly confused πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† leave All the best Neil for the movie 😊
and linoo stop eyeing my siggies yaar πŸ˜† the last one was made by reemu love her 😳

Nishu! u're siggies are the best things!πŸ˜†cuz it contains the hot n handosme Indraneil Sengupta!!πŸ˜†Need i say more?πŸ˜†

jigglypuff726 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

thanks for sharing anishma. hehe.. the part where he said "i know i won't get the lead role in a yash raj film" was really funny but who knows? neil might be the next big thing YRF churns out.😊

anyways, all the best for your career & love life neil! god bless you & barkha.πŸ˜ƒ

ps : nishu, i love your new siggie of neil. he looks great in it!πŸ˜ƒ

ammmu thumbnail
Awww, it keeps changing.. but all the best to u Neil and Barkha.. wishing both of you all the best! 😳 πŸ˜ƒ Thanks Anishma for the article!
sanober. thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 4
dey should get married bcoz dey make a cute couple