Retro Cafe -Tomorrow! Postponed

Barnali thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Music touches every human being from infancy to adulthood. It has a special ability to transport us back to certain moments in time...and those moments play back in our minds like images on a movie screen.  The song becomes part of a soundtrack...the soundtrack of our lives.

So who keeps the soundtracks of our lives on tracks? It is the singers, who deliver the final package in its finest form. These playback singers are the legends who have gifted us through their soulful renditions some gem of songs to last us a lifetime, songs through which they have carved a niche for themselves  in our hearts forever.

But in spite of being so talented, they did not become legends in one day. They had to travel through a path of hardship before they got their breakthrough and recognition. There were some who were lucky enough to be noticed and accepted by the masses with their very first song, there are also a few who even though got noticed in their first song itself, they could not sustain that spot due to various reasons and then there were many who had to struggle hard before they made it to the top, but  they remained on top for a long time.

(** Thanks Dolly for the banner **)

This week's Retro Caf is dedicated to some of these legends :

The Evergreen Playback Singers of Bollywood of all times(1940-1999)

This week's Retro show will focus on the first step to success that these legends took, the first song or the movie that catapulted them to instant recognition and fame.

So get ready for yet another week of musical treat.

See you on Thursday, the10th of May at 11 PM IST , on this thread and let's all take the musical journey together.

The show is being streamed live tomorrow, Thursday, 10th May, same time, as there were some technical glitches in the recording.  Inconvenience is sincerely regretted

Date 10thMay

Radio links : Here is your direction to connect to the IF Radio:

http://www.india-forums.com/radio

Or use this link in winamp:

http://www.raagaradio.com:8000/live

Show timings(wed/thurs IST) :  Retro  will be streamed  at  11:30 PM IST, 2AM IST, 5 AM IST and 8 AM IST.

The corresponding times for these  in the different time zones shall be as follows :

11:30PM IST 12 Midnight (Bangladesh)  7 PM UK(London)2 PM (EST), 1 AM CT, 12 Noon MT, 11 AM PT (NorthAmerica)

2 AM IST  - 2.30 AM (Bangladesh)-9.30 PM UK (London) - 4.30 PM (EST), 3.30PM (CT),2.20 PM MT,1.30PM PT (North America)

5 AM IST - 5.30 AM (Bangladesh) -12.30 AM UK (London) - 7.30 PM (EST),6.30PM (CT),5.30PM MT, 4.30PM PT (North America)

8 AM IST

- 8.30 AM (Bangladesh) - 3.30 AM UK (London) - 10.30 PM(EST), 9.30PM (CT), 8.30PM MT,7.30PM PT (North America)

Regards.

IF Dev Team.

Edited by Thakur Saab - 17 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ammmu thumbnail
Woww, what a great theme for Retro!! Will definitely be a good show and will tune in for sure... thankoo Barnali di!! 😃
anonmember thumbnail
Great theme: Evergreen Singers of all times. 😊
Looking fwd to this week's Retro Cafe.
wite_rainbow thumbnail
i think i have a class on wed...grrr
if not by forgetting ill miss it cuz of class 🤢 😭
Guardian Angel thumbnail

Oh, thanks a lot Barnalidi.  Yet another treat.  I will listen to it in the evening.😛

advil thumbnail

Originally posted by: wite_rainbow

i think i have a class on wed...grrr
if not by forgetting ill miss it cuz of class 🤢 😭

You can join in the evening, remember it is streamed  times....😳

mermaid_QT thumbnail
this shud be an awesome show 👏
illuminated. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
it will be awesum....will defenitely try to be there 😳
advil thumbnail

Originally posted by: mermaid_QT

this shud be an awesome show 👏

Even I feel that....😃

*Spandana* thumbnail
wow, u come up with sth interesting every week.. 👏 thanks barnali dii..will be there

amu~