~*~May 6th - Celebrating Nurse’s Day~*~

meghavi thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

On this day, we celebrate Nurse's Day. 

This day is celebrated to remember all the valuable contributions nurses make to the society.

Now, there are lots of different types of nurses, but all of them have one thing in common.  The smiles they spread 😃 and their comforting nature🤗, is what makes them delightful, dedicated and such wonderful people.

Calling All Nurses...

Imagine this...it's the dead of night and your family is over at your aunt and uncle's home, with a coughing newborn.  The child seems to get getting worse and a fever seems to be coming up.   Someone from your family calls the nearest hospital for help, but they will not give you advice over the phone.  You could take the baby in emergency to the hospital...but imagine that it's snowing, and it's very difficult to get out.  Then what?   You try to call your family doctor...but it goes to the answering machine.  All you need is a little advice...then what do you do?

Well...there are some good news!  Many countries probably have a service like this and so does Canada (Ontario.) 

Telehealth Ontario is a toll free number.  1-866-797-0000.

Military Nurses

Before I forget...let me just mention the Military nurses, and how important they are for us.  Military nurses must always be prepared to handle large injuries, and many people at one time.

Now since.. we've looked at the different types of nurses, we know that the health care they provide is really important and a must have for us.

Lets think and discuss about this...

Is it possible for doctor's to work without nurses?

What are your thoughts on the stereotype of male nurses?

Did you ever have a encounter with an nurse?  How was it?

If nothing, then today...we should think about how lucky we are that we have a stable health care system.  No matter where we live... if it's in UK, Canada, USA, Australia, India, Pakistan, Bangladesh...etc etc.  And yes, some countries have better health care than others, but we're improving...and we should just be grateful about that.

Leaving you with a thought,

Source: (Some info about the different types of nurses taken from Toronto Star Newspaper.)

Edited by meghavi - 17 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

angel_10 thumbnail

great post👏nurses are key to doctors😊

Not at all..!

I disagree.

it was great,,the nurse was cho chweet😛

Edited by angel_10 - 17 years ago
diyafah thumbnail
Is it possible for doctor's to work without nurses?
    Well..nurses r certainly very caring and have got that motherly emotions in dem..so i don't think sooo!!

Hmm..nothing great they do 🤣

Did you ever have a encounter with an nurse? How was it?
Humm..the nurse was warm,caring and lovin!!!she was absoultely nice!! 😳

Great post megzieny!!though i gave blahhh answers!!! 😆 😆
priyankap thumbnail
not at all...

no idea abt it..

never!!!its gud...tht i ddunt need..im safe!!

pri
momogrl21 thumbnail

Happy Nurse Day everyone 😃

I do not think so, whenever i am at the hospital, its the nurse i see most o the time, they take so much care and do a lot of things for us. i'd think they are a doctor's right arm! 😃

I dont think its wrong. Males can take just as good care of people as well as females can. Also, if this is their choice in job, they should be able to do it. Esp. if they picked it, it must mean they have passion and care for it. 😛

oh yes, many times. when i was seven and had surgery, there was this realllly kind nurse and she was jsut soooo nice! i still talk to her today, because she took such sweet care of me. And i'll never forget that 😳

koenigbobo thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail
oo kool i ddn no it existed 😛
ajeebhotum thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

I don't think they can. Nurses help doctors out with alot of stuff such as bringing the doc. what they need. Also at hospitals, the nurses are the ones that help the patient with their need😊

I think thats not a great way to judge, a Nurse can be a guy or a girl, granted that the image of a nurse in our brain is a female.

Yes, being me, i go to the hospital alot, plus my mom is a doctor😊. All the nurses are great, all they want to do id help you😊

Happy Nurse day everyone🤗

-Rachna😳

Edited by indianhomey1992 - 17 years ago
IBserenity thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

no...I'm a nursing major and Doc's are clueless without nurses...I mean literally cuz they can't keep track of every patient so they rely on Nurses to provide important info abt the patients and help in determining the proper treatment.

Umm, there aren't that many of them around. It's fine cuz sometimes you need the muscle to take care of the bigger patients..lol

Good and Bad...depends on the nurse...some nurses are really horrible cuz they work only for the money...others put in their hearts and souls to make the patients feel better.

DK111 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
True say doc wid-out nurse neva!!!!!!!!!!
buit i neva knew dere was even a day like dat!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😆

-DEV 😛 😉
Affay thumbnail
Not sure about the rest of the world...but it's actually Nurse's Week this week...
About the pay - really I don't think nurses aren't paid that well considering the amount of work you have to do(at least last time I checked my pay cheque)   😊
Thanks for the wishes!