Javed Akhtar declares war with Annu Malik

uknaik99 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 17 years ago
Javed Akhtar declares war with Annu Malik!
   By: Vickey Lalwani
   May 3, 2007

Indian Idol 3 is just around the corner (May 4) and it's already sounding like an interesting watch (less for the participants and more for the judges)

My Way: Javed Akhtar
After Udit Narayan, it seems Javed Akhtar can't get along with Annu Malik either.

Recently, the two had a heated argument on the sets of Sony's Indian Idol 3 (which goes on air from May 4).

Malik and Akhtar, who are judges on the show along with Alisha Chinai and Narayan, did not see eye to eye over a particular Delhi contestant called Shubhangi, after having repeated differences during the audition and subsequent theatre rounds.

While Shubhangi sang her way to Malik's heart and was immediately assured of making it to Mumbai by the singer-composer, Akhtar did not approve of her.

Alisha and Udit, who joined hands with Javed, then outvoted Malik and Shubhangi was eliminated.

Creative differences

DELHI CALL: Annu Malik
Says our source from the set, "Shubhangi is a very good-looking girl.

When Annu and Javed starting differing over her, one thought Shubhangi would get through because Annu has been given the privilege of casting a vote in case of a tie.

He can take a call over the fate of a participant under such circumstances."

What was Javed's problem? "Javed was not comfortable with Shubhangi's diction.

He felt it left a lot to be desired and that she had a problem with clarity of words," the source reveals.

When contacted, Annu says, "We did have creative differences over a girl from Delhi, but there's nothing personal to it.

I want Indian Idol 3 to be the best. This time, the competition is focusing on a participant's singing abilities and not on looks and attitude."

Javed adds, "When there are four judges, such things will happen. The show needs four judges and a broader perspective. Else, wouldn't there have been only one judge?"

Hum kissi se kam nahin

Alisha confirms that Anu and Javed have had a fall out. "This is not the first time such a thing happened. Javed, Udit and I strongly differed over another contestant where Annu did not like her.

They seem to have had a major fall out after that. They were arguing a lot," she says, adding, "These creative differences do happen. This is such a relative thing.

Plus, Annu has been on the show since day one. He is a music director and definitely has an edge as far as having a discerning ear is concerned, but then Javed, Udit and I are no less."

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

rocker1 thumbnail

Originally posted by: uknaik99

Says our source from the set, "Shubhangi is a very good-looking girl.

That explains it πŸ˜‰

*Jaya* thumbnail
Is Vickey Lalwani under the mentorship of Subhash K Jha?   πŸ˜‰

Or did II3 think that in order to win over 2 other competing shows, it has to start with a controversy?   πŸ˜‰

chatbuster thumbnail

Originally posted by: shadyhtown

That explains it πŸ˜‰

lol. javed akhtarπŸ˜‘πŸ˜†

arre kuch acha dekhno ko mil jaata toh uska kya jaata?πŸ˜†

Bhavesh.Chauhan thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
i'm confused, what's an II3 article doing in the SRGMP section?
memsaab thumbnail
well I also saw it.. but I think I felt unfair to the girl from Assam who was way way better singer than some selected but was refused ticket to Mumbai because Udit and Annu said no.

I dont think that shuvangi was a good singer. She looked mod and attractive only..

I also felt bad for one of the twins who was actually appreciated but was refused once they came to know they were twins.. agree that one of the bro was told "No" but all the judges were appreciating the second bro.. what happened?
chatbuster thumbnail
and i'm now declaring war on javed akhtar πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜†
siddh_v thumbnail

Originally posted by: memsaab

well I also saw it.. but I think I felt unfair to the girl from Assam who was way way better singer than some selected but was refused ticket to Mumbai because Udit and Annu said no.

I dont think that shuvangi was a good singer. She looked mod and attractive only..

I also felt bad for one of the twins who was actually appreciated but was refused once they came to know they were twins.. agree that one of the bro was told "No" but all the judges were appreciating the second bro.. what happened?

πŸ‘
CaLiiZ*DiiMe thumbnail

Originally posted by: chatbuster

lol. javed akhtarπŸ˜‘πŸ˜†

arre kuch acha dekhno ko mil jaata toh uska kya jaata?πŸ˜†

omg ur soo funnyyyyyπŸ˜†
Sara_DONT_ASK thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: *Jaya*

Is Vickey Lalwani under the mentorship of Subhash K Jha?   πŸ˜‰

Or did II3 think that in order to win over 2 other competing shows, it has to start with a controversy?   πŸ˜‰

Bole Toe...!!! TRP's ke liye kuch bhi karega....πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†