Ved!ka thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
Kareena Kapoor out of work?
08th Apr 2007  09.00 IST
By Agencies  

Kareena Kapoor has no films lined up for release in 2007.

Since her debut in opposite Abhishek Bachchan in Refugee in 2000, Kareena has done plenty of films, unfortunately though she has never really had a solo hit film to her credit.

Nonetheless in spite of not delivering any hits, Kareena was always considered as an actress in the top league. However recently the actress supposedly took a self-imposed break and has not done any films for the last year.

However, according to sources Kareena gives a lot of attitude to even top filmmakers and hence gradually producers and directors are shying away from casting her in their films.

Recently Kareena has been replaced in several of the films that she had on hand. Kareena was to do a film Kismat Talkies with Hrithik Roshan , however Hrithik refused to work with her due to his personal reasons.

Kareena also walked out of Harry Baweja 's film Love Story 2050 as she wanted to do Ram Gopal Varma 's ambitious project 'Time Machine' opposite Shah Rukh Khan but unfortunately Varma scrapped that project.

Kareena was also not on talking terms with Karan Johar after Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham , but recently they made up and the director promised to work with Kareena once again.

Hence Kareena was to star in Johar produced film opposite Abhishek. But again to her this time too the director Tarun and producer Johar were in a tight spot as Abhishek did not want to work with Bebo as he did not want to be associated with any family members related to ex-fiance Karisma Kapoor .

Apart from these projects, Kareena was also supposed to do filmmaker Shyam Benegal 's Chamki Chameli but again due to some differences she was replaced.

Another ambitious project for Kareena was Mani Ratnam 's Lajjo where Kareena was to star opposite Aamir Khan . But this one too has been postponed indefinitely due to differences between Ratnam and Aamir.

Kareena was last seen in an item number opposite SRK in Don and now she has recently done another item number in Kya Love Story Hai .

But Kareena is adamant that this is just a temporary lull in her career, she says, "I am Kareena Kapoor and I know that even if I sit home for a year, I will get work."

When confronted with all her failed projects, Kareena said "How can you talk about me as if I am some has been. I am Kareena Kapoor"
Edited by Ved!ka - 17 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

S a r a h thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
rise & fall are parts of life...
thanks for sharing :)

its good that she is still Kareena Kapoor else people do anything to be in limelight ;p
missy14 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
she actually make movie's funny and exited 😳 ..guys this is very bad 😭
rrui thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
the kind of attitude she carries... this was bound to happen πŸ˜† πŸ˜‰
sanober. thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 4
y she have so much attitude? πŸ˜†
nightangel thumbnail
ups & downs r d part of d life... πŸ˜• 😳
MrsKaranGrover thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
tfs πŸ˜› ...she is not out of work ...she is chilling out more then she is working in movies dats y..wotever may be....she is the best! πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘
*Dipti* thumbnail

Originally posted by: nightangel

ups & downs r d part of d life... πŸ˜• 😳

truee
lilyrosey thumbnail
Well I recently saw her mention that she's doing Lajjo, Kismet Talkies, and untitled film of Yash Raj and Imitiaz Ali πŸ˜•
*Fiza* thumbnail
hey!
    i heard tht she is in "bajerao mastani"
is it true?