Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Morning_Dew thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Originally posted by: qwertyesque

[

Crying doesnt come naturally to men... so you wonder when a man starts crying!!...

My dear it is more to do with social pressure than nature which  put on a boy since ever..

Edited by Morning_Dew - 17 years ago
ChameliKaYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: mermaid_QT

Excellent Raunaq! πŸ‘  Moreover, crying releases endorphins, which make you feel better.  Those who don;t cry and hold on to the tears, become more sad in the process and although they may feel macho, they could be hurting themselves and eventually hurting others when they let the anger / frustrations out via wrong vents.  People who cry and let it out, on the cotrary, could perhaps move on and be happier and healthier.
Everything ofcouse must follow the rule of moderation!  There is only so much endorphin required πŸ˜‰, so no need to shed buckets over petty thingsπŸ˜†πŸ˜†

wow....what a scientific explanation....cool...πŸ‘

qwertyesque thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Morning_Dew

My dear it is more to do with social pressure than nature which  put on a boy since ever..

Hardly social pressure... men dont know that emotion of crying...maybe something missing on the pituitary...πŸ˜‰ sadness yes - crying - no.. I dont remember anybody ever ever making the statement of men not crying or anything like that...its the natural diffferences amongst the genders...

Bhaskar.T thumbnail

Originally posted by: raunaq

a human without emotion is emotionless robot. all humans connect with others with emotions. both men and women do cry. sometimes men cry but they do not show it to others unlike women who is bound to cry in open. a hard man can topple if his dearest possessions like kids etc are out on a limb. there is nothing wrong if a man cries provided that a man is not a cry baby.

P.S. i didn't want to comment on this topic but after looking at the prolonged argument and making fun of men, i felt like giving my opinion.

πŸ‘

Very well said Raunaq.

Sadly there are lot of people who think men crying to be non-macho. Why limit yourself and your emotions to just that. Crying is a release of an overflow of emotions and it's probably healthy to have that release. Some people are more emotional than others, and that is ok, as long as it is not violence or hurting others. The reason why so many have an issue with crying is because they dont know how to react to it when others cry. It is probably that what bothers people more. 

We seem to accept violence in the media, but not a human emotion such as crying. That could be changed. I am not saying we should all run around and cry at a drop of a hat, but accept it as normal human thing to do and not to attach a gender right to it.

[P:S Even I didn't want to comment here but while applauding raunaq made me also post my views πŸ˜†]

marvelous.malks thumbnail
Nice post!
It's true and it's heard everywhere; men who don't cry are strong, and "macho." I disagree with that. Men, women, kids, teenagers, they all sum up to human beings, and they all have FEELINGS. It's necessary to express your feelings. And, if men cry, I think they are true to themselves and the world. Just because they think they are 'strong' they won't cry. That gives the false impression on human beings.

Thats how I'll put it...we are all humans, and the right definition for HUMANS is IMPERFECT, and imperfect people have emotions, and there is no reasont o hide them, no matter when gender you are.

Originally posted by: mermaid_QT

Excellent Raunaq! πŸ‘  Moreover, crying releases endorphins, which make you feel better.  Those who don;t cry and hold on to the tears, become more sad in the process and although they may feel macho, they could be hurting themselves and eventually hurting others when they let the anger / frustrations out via wrong vents.  People who cry and let it out, on the cotrary, could perhaps move on and be happier and healthier.
Everything ofcouse must follow the rule of moderation!  There is only so much endorphin required πŸ˜‰, so no need to shed buckets over petty thingsπŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Raunaq & QT, Logically and scientifically very well said. πŸ‘πŸ‘

It is absolutely OK for men to show emotions rather than keeping everything bottled up. I am not talking about crying during movies or slicing onions but real emotions. I had an American colleague who cried when his GF dumped him and was moping around for days. Now I don't appreciate that kind of emotions. That is too girly. OK now I am off before the brickbat falls on me for being a hypocrite😳.

MNMS thumbnail
hmm.. well what i am gonna say is a bit serious and personal. But i had to say to men that please, there is no harm in crying. Actually when papa got heart attack and was declared to have a bye-pass surgery immediately, I and mom shed buckets. Papa was under most stress as his doctor also died at that time and.. i wanted him to cry a bit... talk and loosen his pain.. but he didn't. I guess it was a bit hard for him. The thing which most scared me that he kept his fears to himself when he was being prepared for the surgery..yes i and mom were there[we stopped crying at that time.. just to show courage to papa] but Papaz blood sugar wasn't coming down i guess it was due to bottling up of different emotions at that time πŸ€”

Though his doctors said that he is one of the most courageous patients he ever had. But i feel that if he had cried out a bit, and tried to vent out his emotions.. his physical being might not have suffered that much before the surgery.

Its high time that we should stop saying this to our boys "Roona mat! Brave bacche nahin rooote" πŸ€”
raj5000 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Bhaskar.T

Crying is a release of an overflow of emotions and it's probably healthy to have that release.

Agreed, emotional outburst via tears sheds down Mann ka bojh.

Originally posted by: MNMS

hmm.. well what i am gonna say is a bit serious and personal. But i had to say to men that please, there is no harm in crying. Actually when papa got heart attack and was declared to have a bye-pass surgery immediately, I and mom shed buckets. Papa was under most stress as his doctor also died at that time and.. i wanted him to cry a bit... talk and loosen his pain.. but he didn't. I guess it was a bit hard for him. The thing which most scared me that he kept his fears to himself when he was being prepared for the surgery..yes i and mom were there[we stopped crying at that time.. just to show courage to papa] but Papaz blood sugar wasn't coming down i guess it was due to bottling up of different emotions at that time πŸ€”

Though his doctors said that he is one of the most courageous patients he ever had. But i feel that if he had cried out a bit, and tried to vent out his emotions.. his physical being might not have suffered that much before the surgery.

Its high time that we should stop saying this to our boys "Roona mat! Brave bacche nahin rooote" πŸ€”

MNMS - Thanks for sharing, hope your dad is doing well! regards and wishes.

Bold part above - I am with yaa on thoese thoughts.

Addition - "Roona mat! Brave bacche nahin rooote" OR even "Ladhiko jaisey ronna band karo" 😊

lighthouse thumbnail

Crying for everything other then to express grief for loss of loved one is soooooooo overrated.... But even then not every one can cry to grieve... maybe they can't or they don't want to because crying may not be everyone's way of discharging distress.... People deal with sadness and grief in different ways.. some ways are learned and some inherent.... Pampered kids cry at losing their fav teddy bear or toy and underpreviledged or orphan kid may learn to deal with it without crying.... Both men and women suffer from this however to say only men do not cry is false..... Crying does not make everyone feel better or relieved...

People who want to cry but cannot and it bothers them should introspect and find out why..... Men who cry are said to be in touch with their feminine side but what about women who cannot cry? ...

MNMS thumbnail
Thanks both of you 😊 , He is mashaAllah doing very fine. The point of telling this personal experiance was just to give a practical example that sometimes the boundry or male ego can hurt people more than they think... πŸ€” So please,i want to say to all men that do think of yourself and your family before thinking that tears may mean that you are weak. and trust me... no body is ever weak in front of their family 😊