Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

umrao_jaan thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Dedicated with love to Niyu, with the hope of fullfilled promises... πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜‰

Sachin.....
The scribble on the wall still blazed in my eyes as I curled on my bed, trying to cool my burning temples. I deserved the punishment...But...what else could I have done? I had to do it...Otherwise....

Faces blurred my vision, the look of anger in Tavi's eyes, my mother's look of dissapointmen as I burst into tears on her lap, my father's anger as he lifted his hand at me...I had to do it.;..but oh Sachin...How can I forget the haunted look in your eyes?

Looking back over a year I wonder how naive I was then, trusting and idealistic. Sometimes I wonder whether it was my idealism that ruined me or perhaps, it was just a wrong decision.....

The heat of the day had not died down as Tavi and my other friend, Moksha texted me endlessly, discussing in detail which guy was the hottest! Idiots! How could they see the maniacs with all those layers of hideous paint!!!

For me, it was a debate whether to text him..but no.. I wanted to talk to him...but...but..in all the stories I've read, the guy comes after the girl...Guys like what they get with difficulty..they like the cute girl who is hard to get...no way i'm going to call him first-as if I was chasing after him!

"You are mad over him, Vidya" It was my inner voice.

NOOO!!!! How had this guy managed to take my heart? He could certainly not be my Prince Charming...He was too michievous, too popular... Too popular for a quiet, studious girl like me...
But he's clever, he's funny....
Admit it Vidya. You ARE mad over this guy! You are a stupid girl!
I turned over and took my mobile. Looking through the inbox crowded with his messages...

I can't remember the day when I first met him, perhaps as babies! I remember a little tot pulling pranks at me, chasing after me with a plastic snake, pinning my frock to the chair while I was standing. I still remember crying my eyes out one day as he sadly patted me and said "Sorry" with a sniff or two and huge innocent eyes....

For many years I nearly forgot that the chubby faced lad had ever existed! Sometimes my mum would recall how I had screamed at the snake and I would vaguely wonder what had happened to the kid.

Then, came the event that changed my destiny...

It was my mom's office's annual christmas party. I usually hated christmas parties! Not the dressing up part, but usually all the people were either grown ups or kiddos and usually all I did was to bow around politely.

Thus, I sat beside my mother, all polite nods and smiles, my mind on Tavi's mimic of a guy chasing after her and couldn't help smiling slightly.

"And this has to be Vidya..."
I blinked, disturbed from my reverie.
"Vidya, remember Marlene aunty?"
The lady gave nme a warm hug and looked me from up to down.
"What a pretty girl"she beamed, "Remember, me dear?"
"Ummm..no aunty!"
She laughed out loud and my mom made a loud tchk "That's Vidya for you, Marlene!"
"Still, afraid of plastic snakes?"
"Oh...."I blinked as realization dawned over me.
Hahhahahaa! Aunty Marlene guffawed loudky. "I'll never forget your face, dear! And now where's this Sachin? SACHIN"
I looked up expecting the chubby boy with short legs, the innocent smile, the huge brown eyes and....
The guy who waved at me from behind a huge pile of crinkle paper was...
Tall and slim, with a untidy mop of black hair and twinkly brown eyes...
"Vidya!!!" My mum seemed amused."This is Sachin. Sachin remember Vidya?"
I felt hot as the guy looked at me. Oh my god I should have worn the black shalwar instead of the blue. This guy was....
"And this is Samyu, my daughter."
Samyu was the opposite of Sachin. Short and lanky, with straight black hair pulled into two long pigtails, a lollipop sticking from a corner of her mouth, and frayed blue jeans and a huge baggy pink T-shirt.
"Hi!" She said as she vigorously shook my hand. "You seem to have gone crazy over my brother. He's a jerk!" she sniffed.
"Samyu!!!"
I felt myself boiling now.
"And my sister's a bigger pain."
Wow! This guy's voice was...I blushed even more! GOD!!!
"Ummm...nice to meet you, Samyu and Sachin." I muttered rather feebly, not daring to look at HIM.
"Samyu is coming to your schol, Vidya."
"And Sachin is in St. Mario's. I thought you'd be interested dii."Samyu chimed in.
Aunt Marlene sighed and my mother tried to hide a smile.
"Samyu, why don't you talk with Vidya? You'll have heaps to talk about your new school."
I couldn't help sighing. Aunt Marlene drew the two of aside and made small talk, trying to get the two of us involved. Sachin seemed to have dissappeared.
The everning seemed to drag on more than I expected. Samyu was a little monster but pretty amusing and despite the biting comments thrown in, I began to like her.

BUT...what a ordeal!! I was still hot all over, not daring to look around for Sachin but...

"There he is!"Samyu exclaimed.
"Huh?"
"My brother, talking to the chick."
It was Niyami. Her long straight hair loosely flowin around her tight red evening frock...AND Sachin was looking at her as the most interesting thing on earth...
NO WAY!!! That girl was a idiot!!!
"Don't look that way! He likes you!"
I blinked down at Samyu. I was MAD.
"Samyu," I felt my voice quiver with age. "You are still ten. So stop being mature. I don't care hwatsover for your brother!"
"Vidya," my mother's voice came quietly. "It's time for us to go."
"Bye Samyu"I jumped up quickly and rushed out of the hall.

Back home I stared down at the book on the table, not srealizing that 10 to the power six could ever be 1000, not realizing that moles were by no way conneced to momenthum...

Sachin_MarioRox: Hi Vidya! It's me Sachin!
Princezz_Vidya: Hi! Ummm...how did you get my ID?
Sachin_MarioRox: Mom! She saved it!
Sachin_MarioRox: Heyy...Vidya. You there?
Princezz_Vidya: Yes.
Sachin_MarioRox: Don't mind Samyu. She's like that. It was nice meeting you!
Princezz_Vidya:It's ok.
Sachin_MarioRox:So...heyyy u at Colombo High rite?
It was nearly midnight when I finally logged off and collapsed in bed my sweet slumber disturbed by occassional fits of romantic dreams. It was the first of many online chats. Suddenly I discovered giving out my mobile number to a guy. Something I've never done before.

My ideals of love were conventional, I believe, but I hung on and still hang on to them. Love is a bond between two humans in the long journey of rebirth, a bond which is wrongly biased in false words and flirtation. For me, it would be only one and only one person...my Prince Charming...

Vidya! I groaned to myself. Have you never chatted with guys before? What's so special with this dork?
He's perfect
How come?
He's really really perfect! He's so sweet
You stupid girl!!!

I picked up my phine and dialled with quivering fingers, as a starved animal, gulping for water.

"Sa...Sachin...please.."
"At your service Vidya! My mom hasn't looted my mobile yet!"
"Looted?"
"Yeah...hey we had fun today. We crshed into your school."
"I know idiot..."
"Naughty girl! You didn't even give me a buck!"
"You don't deserve it!"
"Don't be so rude, be your usual sweet self! I braved my good aunt Sejal to come to see you. She called ma mum and Sammy sis has put me in trouble.."
"Heyyy...what did you say? AUNT SEJAL?"
"Yeah. Your dear Chemistry teacher."

Dear Everyone,
Look out for the next chappie! Vidya's not a normal girl and her reaction is quite apalling!!!!
Thanks for your comments! I had fun writing this section! I was in a pretty romantic mood and I think I adore Samyu's character!!! Liked the twist? I'm not vouching for the accuracy of guy talk-that's how my bro flirts with girls!!! Vidya's feelings are pretty complex, I know. I had to think a great deal for each of her words and her thoughts and feelings may seem different from girls in general-it was quite a challenge!!!

The lettering in bold gives her thoughts in the present. She is remembering her pastπŸ˜‰ I think this will clear your confusion Ysh.

Edited by umrao_jaan - 17 years ago
~Sirius*Ysh~ thumbnail
such a great chapter nutz... πŸ€—

I like the swtich between her thoughts and the hapenning... but what i don't understand is that is this happening in the present or in the past?

Luved the chapter and waiting to see more 😳 😳

and yes Nutzie i think the two of us should gang up against niyu and nag her to write... i am her Official Nagger... lets join forces and bug her πŸ˜‰
Mini786 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Awsome chapter my dear PIE 😈 πŸ€—
But this is happening in the past rite?
and she is just remembering?
I loved the way you wroted, making her thoughts complex!
Anyway yaar..loved it
Please please continue soon!!!!!!!!!
πŸ˜ƒ

-PIE- πŸ˜‰

umrao_jaan thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ysh

such a great chapter nutz... thanks so much Yshoo!!!

I like the swtich between her thoughts and the hapenning... but what i don't understand is that is this happening in the present or in the past? She is remicsening on the past. I've bolden and italicsed her thoughts in the present.

Luved the chapter and waiting to see more    You didn't comment on the bratty sister!

and yes Nutzie i think the two of us should gang up against niyu and nag her to write... i am her Official Nagger... lets join forces and bug her  Agreed!!!! But I wanna be Senior Nagger!!!

Originally posted by: PIE

Awsome chapter my dear PIE   Thank you, my dear PIE  πŸ˜‰
But this is happening in the past rite?  Yesss!!!
and she is just remembering?   Yess!!!
I loved the way you wroted, making her thoughts complex! Thanks!!! 
Anyway yaar..loved it   😳😳😳
Please please continue soon!!!!!!!!!  Sure! With more reviews!!!

-PIE-

-PIE-

Edited by umrao_jaan - 17 years ago
coolniyu thumbnail
[quote=Nutz,One of my Naggers] Dedicated with love to Niyu, with the hope of fullfilled promises... [/quote]

how shweet! im touched πŸ˜† now i think ill delay some more so i can have few more chaps of this gr8 story dedicated to me

lolz! neway i just love this vidya re..but more so i love sachin [nonono never tendulkar πŸ˜†-ok bad joke ] neway i think im goin guy crazy i seem to like evry guy i read abt or see 🀣
n yeah i like samyu too! i wonder who uve named her after? πŸ˜‰ lolzzz i wonder if ill end up in ur next chap bcos i havnt fulfilled my promise 😳 ill hurry up n write now πŸ˜†πŸ˜ƒ

luvya n update soon!
niyu 😳
umrao_jaan thumbnail

[quote=Nutz,One of my Naggers] Dedicated with love to Niyu, with the hope of fullfilled promises... [/quote]

how shweet! im touched πŸ˜† now i think ill delay some more so i can have few more chaps of this gr8 story dedicated to me

I'm shweeettt!!!! No more darling, I think murder will follow for you...

lolz! neway i just love this vidya re..but more so i love sachin [nonono never tendulkar πŸ˜†-ok bad joke ]

HE's NOT NAMED after Tendulkar!!! EWWWWWW I should have told that before-cos you guys were sure to notice!!!

neway i think im goin guy crazy i seem to like evry guy i read abt or see 🀣

Ahem ahem...Dangerous!!! In love with Voldy too? Ohhh I forgot-the great SiriusπŸ˜†

n yeah i like samyu too! i wonder who uve named her after?

I simply can't remember!!!πŸ˜‰

πŸ˜‰ lolzzz i wonder if ill end up in ur next chap bcos i havnt fulfilled my promise 😳 ill hurry up n write now πŸ˜†πŸ˜ƒ

MAYBEEEE...Who knows??? But it must be a brat as good as Samyu!!!

luvya n update soon!
niyu 😳

NutzieπŸ˜‰

Morgoth thumbnail
vidya's reaction looks fairly normal to me considering the kind of girl she is...interesting character :)

~Sirius*Ysh~ thumbnail

Originally posted by: umrao_jaan

Oh yes the bratty sister... i thot i\t was cute 😳 the teasing was kinda shweet but OMG how embarassing... if my sis ever pulled that stunt on me... with any other guy ill just...................................................

:( i am senior nagger :( :( :( i am her first nagger so i am senior 😳... tell u wht we both will b co-naggers... 😳 and lets try to rope in sam and tanu and we have a Nagging Comittee and Niyu will have no other choice but to post something... πŸ˜†

umrao_jaan thumbnail

Originally posted by: ~Sirius*Ysh~

Oh yes the bratty sister... i thot i\t was cute 😳 the teasing was kinda shweet but OMG how embarassing... if my sis ever pulled that stunt on me... with any other guy ill just...................................................

That's Sachin's sis dear and she's based on a gal I know ummm.....

:( i am senior nagger :( :( :( i am her first nagger so i am senior 😳... tell u wht we both will b co-naggers... 😳 and lets try to rope in sam and tanu and we have a Nagging Comittee and Niyu will have no other choice but to post something... πŸ˜†

Yep...time we started the Nagging Committee. Niyu's overstepped her deadline in two weeks NOW!!! We'd better start a Nagging going on for my my PIE as well as N&N who seem to have dissappeared out of the whole scene!!

Prenz~13 thumbnail
πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘ Heyyy woww!!! πŸ˜ƒ
Nutz!! I just read both the chapters...its great!!!!! πŸ˜ƒ
I liked Vidya's character, she's interesting..and somewhat complex... 😊
and Sachin seems so cute!!! 😳 😳 😳
I can't wait for the next chapter, 😳 specially after the twist in the second chapter. πŸ˜‰ I want to know what happened which Vidya now regrets.

Plzz continue soon! 😳

PS:You have some really dramatic times in school in Sri Lanka!!! πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜† That sounds like fun!!!!! πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜ƒ

-Prerna πŸ€— 😳