Posted: 17 years ago

V I D Y A

The five letters blazed black on the white wall. They burnt...black with sptches of blue paint littering the ground...

"Vidya"  Tavi's voice was soft,soft enough to slightly veil the dissaproval and shock, as she squeezed my arm.

"Yeah?" I felt curiously numb.

I knew that it was coming. Those stupid guys had crashed into our school...again...and HE had been with them...

It all started with a stupid big match and ended with one too....

To all those who are wondering what a Big Match is-it is a stupid game of cricked played between stupid boys schools. Each stupid schol has an equally stupid rival school and they yell their stupid lungs off for a stupid bat and an equally stupid ball. Worst of all the stupid brats can't leave us girls alone.....

The only difference was that a year ago it was a Prince Charming...

"VIDYA." It was Tavi. Her voice bubbled with sarcasm as she poked me across the desk.

"Your favourite school is here."

"Really? Jealous?" I chuckled. Tavi hated St. Mario's! I have no idea why! OK they are bigheads, but some of them are soooo cute...Like HIM...

I am one of those girls who believe in my Prince Charming. I had always envisoned him in my drams-my prince in shining armour. Dreamt of him since all the girls started discussing guys. I didn't like any of the guys they considered cool and certainly not anyone they considered uncool. Oh they were not bad-some were even hot...but nonr of them were...PERFECT....Either their hair was spiked or too greasy. Either cut too short or too long. Either they were too tall or too short. And god! How the girls chatted about five guys in one go-trying to die for one today and a totally new guy tommorrow!!! I didn't want to be so...for me it was my one and only...Prince Charming...

OK don't think I'm psycho. I'm a certainly VERY normal girl like all of you-a bit giddy, a bit moody, a bit serious and I CERTAINLY discuss guys-but I like no one-my Prince Charming was yet to come....brainy, sensitive, funny, hot, interesting......

But as I looked back to my book, muttering sarcastically "Your sweet Regiovians don't care for you!" and narrowly missing our dear chemistry teacher's venomous eyes, I remembered HIM.

"Tavi, Vidya!" Mrs. Sejal barked. "Stand up. You are NOT paying ATTENTION."

I couldn't help chuckling. Mrs. Sejal looked FANTASTIC when she was really angry...just about to burst...but the pity was...she never managed to reach the bursting point....Just like Calculus-the limit is always there, but never ever reached...What a pity!!! I could envision her in flames with smoke pouring out of her ears...

"Vidya" Mrs Sejal bit her lip. I don't know the reason, but people seem to be amused by the way I laugh. Or more by the way I try to supress laughing!!!.

"What's the percentage of FeO?"She asked in a stern voice, biting her lips even more.

"The percentage is 45% and the final answer to the question is 4.776."

Mrs. Sejal frowned and glared at me.

"Hmmm."she nodded.

"Now Tavii..."

I concenrated on the numbers on my book as Mrs.Sejal combed the class, never missing the chance to pounce on an unlucky victim. I longed to poke Tavi who was biting her lip too and forcefully avoiding my gaze. I wanted to ask her whether the Marions had really crshed or just slunking around the school, yet I didn't want Mrs. Sejal to burst because of me, however interesting it would be...

"AWWWW........"

Tavi poked me sharply  and for once, Mrs. Sejal didn't notice.

Due to the fact that she, together with the rest of the class, had discovered that the hoots in the corridoor were more tantalising than the fact of that the FeO moles were greater in number than the CuO moles..

WHAM!!!

The classroom door burst open. A set of maniacs with painted black and blue faces, black tights and blue T-shirts burst in yelling "ST. MARIOOOO"

Tavi and I hastily sank down on our seats and joined the rest in our hypnotic stare at the empty blackboard, with sidelong glances at the blue and black heroes, in a losing battle to suppress our mirth at their antics and the look on Mrs. Sejal's face.

"Penny...buck..ST. MARIO"

"ST.MARIO. Just a buck for ST.Mario."

7 FeO Moles...no... 74 moles equals to Avagardro Constant...

The blackboard was SOOO empty....

HE was a Marioian too. Black and blue...

"A buck for your sweetheart, madame?"

OH MY GOD!!!!!

It was HIM...HIM...HIM...HIM...

A chill raced down my back...The blackboard loomed black in the distance.... From the corner of my eyes I could see he was grinning down at me through the layers of paint. OH MY GOD!!!!

"A buck?"

I could feel myself reddening. Blushing...Shivering and sweating at the same time... I wanted to KILL this guy...AND...yeah...I Wanted to HUG him...dirt, paint and all...My Prince Charming....

"Oyyeee...Sachin..Let's go..."

"C'MON MAN....These girls are too mean."

"Coming..."he grinned at me again, gave a mock bow around and raced out of the class....

Dear Everybody,

Right now, due to the brat who happens to be my brother, my opinion on boys is nil, and as I had a writing mood and as I was reading Sam's comments on Prince Charming in her story, my fingers got to work on a different tale of a different Prince Charming and.... Okie this story is not EXACTLY negative but it's not a story about the beauties of love!!!!

I live in Sri Lanka and the whole story is based there. For your information, Big Matches are cricket matches played between boys schools. Each school have their rival school and March is usually the Big Match season. The main schools over here are completely boys schools or girls schools and the pests called boys-agreed with Vidya there-sometimes crash into girls schools-which is SICK but funny too...and they spray the walls with the names of girls they are ahem...angry with. Honestly, I don't have anything against the crashing(as our school is never in the threat of it!!!) but I think it's time that...a lot of changes happen.

*slowly* Nutz, Nutz *fast* Nutz, Nutz, Nutzz!
You are really Nutz!
BZ you are, but yet you write!
A wonderful begining you have in spite!
Now, you have me waiting for..
Both your stories which i adore!

Sorry in a rhyming mood at the moment, but thus, i liked it!
and i cant wait untill u continue!
πŸ˜ƒ

-Your Partner in EVIL!-

Nutzie!!!!!! πŸ‘

its lovely!!!!
i like you style of writing i really do! and this story just seems to flow!!!!
it was great!!!!
luvya nutz.. u just HAVE to go on!!!!!
oooooooohhhh its amazin its amazin πŸ˜†
r u crius abt those big matches 🀣 tht would b e too funny 🀣
well it would disrupt class hours neway πŸ˜‰
oh n i agree with the brothers bein brats part πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
n the classroom scene seems so exactly like what happens here too !!
makin comments,suppressin laughter πŸ˜†....right ysh πŸ˜‰
continue soon yaar πŸ€—
interesting things happen in sri lankan main schools πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

it was well written. price charming on his way.... 😳
It happens here too... esp the classroom scene niyu is so right!! i am so gona miss my class next year 😭

but Nutz... wen r u gona update!!!!! did Sri Lanka's greatness at the WC inspire this one??????????? curious to know wer itll lead!!!!!!!!
Interesting plot, Nutz.

Just a suggestion - try to elaborate about this match system within the story itself.

I personally did not understand what was really going on till I read your notes at the end.

"Big Matches are cricket matches played between boys schools. Each school have their rival school and March is usually the Big Match season. The main schools over here are completely boys schools or girls schools and the pests called boys-agreed with Vidya there-sometimes crash into girls schools-which is SICK but funny too...and they spray the walls with the names of girls they are ahem...angry with. "

Your description above is very clear and could be easily fit into the body of the chapter itself with minor changes.

Originally posted by Partner In Evil

*slowly* Nutz, Nutz *fast* Nutz, Nutz, Nutzz!
You are really Nutz!
Ahem...is that a compliment? πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
BZ you are, but yet you write! It's a disease I have!!!
A wonderful begining you have in spite!
Now, you have me waiting for..
Both your stories which i adore!
Thank you Tanu!xxxxxx πŸ˜›

Sorry in a rhyming mood at the moment, but thus, i liked it!
got da poetic turn naa? I love it too!!! The EVIL poet!!
and i cant wait untill u continue!
And I can't wait untile you start writing for Tales Corner!!!

Originally posted by YSH

Nutzie!!!!!!       

its lovely!!!!
i like you style of writing i really do! and this story just seems to flow!!!!
it was great!!!!
luvya nutz.. u just HAVE to go on!!!!!

Yshhhoooo-XXXXx Thanks!!! I tried to make this story as fast as possible!! Thanks for you, I think I will go on...

Originally posted by Niyu

oooooooohhhh its amazin its amazin
Thanx!!! πŸ˜›
r u crius abt those big matches tht would b e too funny
well it would disrupt class hours neway
It's pretty amusing!!! It's only once a year yaar!! they don't break into our school tho-too much in awe of us lolz!!! πŸ˜‰   
oh n i agree with the brothers bein brats part
TOTALLYYY!!!! WE see EYE to EYE!!! πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
n the classroom scene seems so exactly like what happens here too !!
makin comments,suppressin laughter ....right ysh
Absolutely!!! Mrs.Sejal is really based on a teacher we have!!!
continue soon yaar
Absolutely!!!!πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜‰

Originally posted by kitty468

interesting things happen in sri lankan main schools    
Lolz!!! I agree!! At times!! It's a good break from the exhausing exams!!! 
it was well written. price charming on his way....
Thank you so much! πŸ˜›

Originally posted by Ysh

It happens here too... esp the classroom scene niyu is so right!! i am so gona miss my class next year
That proves that teachers are the same all around the world!!! πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

but Nutz... wen r u gona update!!!!!
I'm waiting for a certain reviewer to review cos she was the person who made me make up my mind to post this!!!πŸ˜‰ 

did Sri Lanka's greatness at the WC inspire this one???????????
YES(I've turned into a cricket addict overnight though I am mad with most of the team following the defeat to SA!) and also the Big Matches that went on these days and the live descriptions from my sweet brother on how they crash into schools!!!
curious to know wer itll lead!!!!!!!!
U'll see!!! πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜‰

Originally posted by Tanaz dii

Interesting plot, Nutz.

Just a suggestion - try to elaborate about this match system within the story itself.

I personally did not understand what was really going on till I read your notes at the end.

"Big Matches are cricket matches played between boys schools. Each school have their rival school and March is usually the Big Match season. The main schools over here are completely boys schools or girls schools and the pests called boys-agreed with Vidya there-sometimes crash into girls schools-which is SICK but funny too...and they spray the walls with the names of girls they are ahem...angry with. "

Your description above is very clear and could be easily fit into the body of the chapter itself with minor changes.

Thanx so much, Tanaz dii for the great review! πŸ˜ƒ

Yesss! I understand your point very well and realize it would be better. Working on it right now!!! 😳

Edited by umrao_jaan - 17 years ago
so is the reviewer ur waiting for Sam by any chance???

cos if ur delaying because of her i would like a word or two with her....

Originally posted by ~Sirius*Ysh~

so is the reviewer ur waiting for Sam by any chance???

cos if ur delaying because of her i would like a word or two with her....

As it happens, the answer is YES, but cos she's away on vacation and cos I'm in a writing mood, I will post the next chappie tommorrow!!!πŸ˜› BUT I promise I'll make her UNFORGETTABLEπŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰ through it!!!!