Ask a star: Divya Seth(Priyamvada)

Nankri thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Divya Seth
This week's Ask A Star is Divya Seth, who plays Chief Minister Priyamvada in Zee's political drama, Sarrkkar. Divya  answers questions sent in by hitList readers…

Are you trying to ape late Prime Minister Indira Gandhi in Sarrkkar by your style and mannerisms?
Simon C Fernandes

Dear Simon,

Not at all. I have not seen or studied footage of Mrs Gandhi. Similarities, if any, are co-incidental. Priyamvada is also a woman politician. She is alert, quick and sharp; that's why, maybe, comparisons are being made.

Who is your favourite character in Sarrkkar?
Aaashi D

Dear Aashi,

My fave character in Sarrkkar is, but of course, Chief Minister Priyamvada and her two sons Karan and Kunal.

Which was your acting debut?
Subur Sheen

Dear Subur,

Hum Log on Doordarshan, in which I played the character of Majli.

How did you bag your Sarrkkar role?
Poornima Lad

Dear Poornima,

I had worked with Manish Goswami, the producer of Sarrkkar, in his earlier shows like Daraar and Adhikar. When he was planning Sarrkkar, he offered me the role, even though I was taking a break post-motherhood.

So many years on, we still remember you as Majli from Hum Log. How do you view that character?
Satyakam Kumar

Dear Satyakam,
Majli is one of the most attractive characters I have played — it is very special to me.

Are you interested in doing films?
Munish S Jha

Dear Munish,

Yes, I am, but it all depends on what I am offered.

You are not spotted on the party circuit — why do you maintain such a low profile?
Sangeeta Shah

Dear Sangeeta,
I find parties terribly tedious. I live in Pune, so I'd rather be with my family. I normally party with my group of friends, with whom I can be myself.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

anjali.nair thumbnail
Thanks for the article. She is veteran actress Sushma Seth's (Preity Zinta's grandmother in kal ho na ho) daughter.
cutiepie thumbnail
no thanx .. i like her now 
cutiepie thumbnail
😆😆
we r frnd here and as said by shan we r not allowed 2 say thanx ...  thts y we say no thanx lolz .. u shud say no thanx 2