Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

flavia thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Originally posted by: nadz_luvz

God that girl has such a heavy south indian accent in ENGLISH.....kind  of put me off

You know i am so disgusted in you...the way you choose your preference...thats so dumb...I would ask moderators to close this pointless topic...

flavia thumbnail

God that girl has such a heavy south indian accent in ENGLISH.....kind  of put me off

Mods kindly close this topic, the discussion will go nowhere. I agree one has the right to express opinions but this person's views are so disgraceful. Read yourself and decide. You dont want discourage diversity on your forums. There are so many ppl coming on your website from different parts of India and other countries and views like this are hurtful. Pls take some action.

Mulan08 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I think the right pleasant accent is really important if you want to win people ..and if people cannot understand what you say due to the accent then that accent should be reformed.

And yes Tabu's accent was not very appealing ..though I am from the South I feel she did not have a South Indian accent at all..It was just an awkward accent..Edited by hinduengg - 17 years ago
amukta thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

Which part of  the world are you from and what accent do you have.?Do you have  British accent which the Americans cant stand or the American accent at which the British think is not proper  english.Do you have the light north indian (feather weight)accent or the heavy(how many pounds) south indian accent ?.Lets see you talk the impeccable QUEENS english and we will all learn from you and teach TABU how she shd speak english the english way and not the Indian DESI way.

Edited by amukta - 17 years ago
jncblr thumbnail
Tabu as an actress is fantastic. I dont think 'her accent' should be the yardstick to judge her. She answered all the questions honestly and to me it was quite refreshing to see someone who is so humble. I can't wait to watch Namesake.
amritha19 thumbnail
actually i din think tabu had a "heavy south indian accent" as u call it ( not ther there wud b anything wrong even if she did have it). besides, evry1's perception of perfect accent varies. so i hope u raelize that there are tonns of peaple around da world who aren't too fond of the way u speak either. if u hav a prob with a accent...well get over it!!
Connie thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
So what if her accent is not proper... atleast she is not like the others who put a fake accent??? 😳
glamritz thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
You make it seem like you didn't understand a single word of hers.

Tabu was absolutely fine. She was articulate and thats what matters most. Yes, there are a few "TOP" actresses who put on fake western accent which makes them sound ridiculous and bimboish. And Even some of their giggles sound downright fake.

But At least Tabu did not fake it. And whatever she said was intelligent and to the point. Edited by glamourous - 17 years ago
amy22 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: flavia

So what, shes is from southern india she will have southern accent...you are from canada you will have canadian accent and that will be oddd to people if you to your country...Girl...so its no big deal...get over it...someones accent puts you off? then god save you

Hey, yaar... take it easy.... and the others as well. If she found it odd, let her find it odd, there's nothing wrong with it.

Well, I personally don't mind it if anyone has a different accent, but yes, you are right, sometimes it really does sound strange and if it's too strong, it can put you off as well. I think it's important to speak a language with the right accent. I mean, a native English-speaker can't speak Punjabi well, either... but it is good if you speak a language with the right accent.

That's no discrimination, only a thought. Speaking a language with the right accent sounds quite elegant, if you ask me. You can speak French with a Punjabi accent, but speaking French with a French accent is something totally different and same is the case with English.

I don't think nadz was being rude, she was just saying how she found that. Relax...

Edited by amy22 - 17 years ago
ravipal_garg thumbnail
I feel Tabu placed her thoughts very well and answered questions also very well and most imp she was herself not liking making it up .Also Tabu is a shy person so that kind of pours out too in open.Pass the accent man its the content that matters