rooj-i thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 17 years ago
Well i've been thinking and thinking and researching and then thinking some more...and this is what i came up with, listen to my reasoning first and then say something:

Ok i have a odd feeling that we will expect the unexpected this year's world cup. the reason i think that is that this past week during the warm-up matches i've observed the top 4 teams and it's really strange how the odds are coming up. first way back earlier last year Australia and South Africa played against each other and unfortunate for Australia and shocking for South Africa and the rest of the world, Australia lost 4 ODI matches in a ROW  to South Africa, which is a big news. i mean Australia have never lost a match in 10 years and then all of a sudden this defeat calls for Australia to be loosing touch.
Now to the warm up matches:
this past week West Indies surprised me with their terrible loss. It's not like i was expecting them to win against India but the way they lost is what surprises me. 85 and all out in 23 overs is really terrible and even Pakistan(or any other country) never lost like that and trust me my team is known for terrible loses(that does not mean i'm exploiting my team or not favoring them any less at all, i love my country no matter what everyone says but this is just a fact). so that is just terrible to hear because since West Indies went into to finals against Australia at the ICC trophy's and well that is unexpected. Then there is SA vs. Pak...well of course SA never been great in bating so no real surprise there but that was unexpected but not by much. then there's Bang. vs. NZ...Bang. won against NZ?😲 that is shocking for me...i know Bang. is a good team but NZ is better but then again cricket is unexpected...
So for my conclusion i've come up with the thought that we might expect the unexpected at the finals this year..i have a hunch that an unexpected Team might grab the cup or at least not Australia this year...
i have another hunch that Pak and India once again face each other in the finals...
well these were my logical and factual thoughts and reasons...now to my patriotic self: Pak will def. win!!!πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
welcome to share your thoughts...
Rooj

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

klueless thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
oye rooji , Pooji .. aur koi ho na ho .. australia finals mein Hoga .. and who will they be playing against .. well thats yet to be seen ..as U know we the indians wanna see Team India Crush The aussies and bring home The world CUP World cup Hamara Hai ..for 2007 .. πŸ˜‰ par Good luck to The pakistan team ..ok ..
Ps so this why i didnt see u on MSN .. match dekh rahi thi er .. actually Moi was doing the same
cheers
yours truly
Klue
rooj-i thumbnail
Klue i hate you yaar u are watching the match but i can't 😭 😭 😭
but no i've not been watching them like that but i've been reading and watching jhalaks...so i see that but yes i've been doing some of that...also boycotting KS...
no i've been so busy so couldn't come on MSN... πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
but i have to say yaar do expect the unexpected...and i have to say that Pak. India matches are always the best in the World Cup...i think that this year we might have it...so expect it yaar!!! πŸ˜‰
Rooj
mini2390 thumbnail
I agree wid u, i also expect the unexpected, as this yr its seriously anyone's win... its an open world cup and anyone can grab it .... its not the aussies , like always , who r the only favs (thank god.... πŸ˜† ) ...... matches that have happened so far have proved a lot..... lyk the aussies losing to england and then austrailia 😲 .... SA being almost crushed by Ireland in one of the warm up matches.... 😲 they were almost down and out!... and then bangladesh beating NZ very comprehensively...... as we all know cricket is a game where we can can see anything happen, and such matches have said a lot!

I wud like to add one more thing, the most underestimated team out there is Pakistan!... i seriously feel they they are being underestimated for no reason at all!... losing shoaib akthar, asif and razzaq doz not make it the end of the worlld for us!... we have won a lot of matches widout asif and shoaib.... we even beat india in india in 2005 widout asif and shoaib!!!

pakistan is a very capable team, we play wid 11 players, not just 2 or 3... and i dont know y pakistan at various places r just wriiten off so easily... i really hope pakistan play really well, they just need a big confidence boost, and from these warm matches they have gained a lot.... they beat SA in such a nice way πŸ‘

if pakistan only cums out wid positive minds, we can surely win lyk any other team out there.... its anyone's game, but lyk i said before, i hope that Pakistan doz win, which i know they can! 😳
kothra thumbnail
I feel there is gng to b alot of suprises to cum...
rooj-i thumbnail
Mini i feel the same about Pakistan's team...
seriously people overlook their togetherness and they can be better if they never take any win over their head, which they sometimes do as you noticed...
but yes never the less this team is always pulling up with surprises and quite frankly if our best players are out does not mean the end of the world and we still do play with our heart in the game and still can win. and we will win inshallah!!!
Pakistan Zindabad!!!
Rooj πŸ˜›
Marauders thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I have a strange feeling Pakistan will not win.
All the good cricketers already retired, have been banned, injuries and stuff... shoaib can't play and many more...
I have a question guys. Inzamam is like the best batter. is he going to play? i heard he got banned? and wat abt yousaf youhana?
rooj-i thumbnail

Originally posted by: anu-pre4eva

All the good cricketers already retired, have been banned, injuries and stuff... shoaib can't play and many more...
I have a question guys. Inzamam is like the best batter. is he going to play? i heard he got banned? and wat abt yousaf youhana?

yes he will be playing and so is youhana...inzi was banned while back but he served his sentenceπŸ˜†πŸ˜†
yaar have faith in Pak...like i said expect the unexpected because i have feeling that one of the asian team will go to the finals...now the big questions is which one?❓
i really don't want austrailia to win or go to the finals...
Rooj
rooj-i thumbnail

Originally posted by: kothra

I feel there is gng to b alot of suprises to cum...

lol sorry didnt see you thereπŸ˜†πŸ˜†
but you got that right lots of surprises are on our way...
mini2390 thumbnail

Originally posted by: anu-pre4eva

inzimam will play and so will yousef... they are not  banned at all, actually no one is from the pak side.

having good players on ur side, who r very extraordinary is very good, but one cant ever guarantee anything from them either...

in the 2003 WC, if u remember, pakistan had saeed anwar, shoaib akthar, wasim akram, waqar younis, rashid latif and many other expereinced players, but wat happened, nothing!... pakistan played wid no effort at all!...and came back so early from the WC wid no good play.

this team is mostly those wid youngsters, out of 11... around about 8 r playing their first WC ever!.... younis, yousef and inzi r the only players who have played WCs before but not the others, so its a young side, but wid a lot of talent...  this team is the most unified pak team we have ever had, pak cricketers say it themselves......... they also possess talent and the potential to win, but thats wen they put all their heads together!... they dont lack anything, but its just a matter of wen they use their everything.

and as fas as shoaib akthar is concerned, for sure if we had him on the team we wud have been very exceptional, but shoaib too cant be guaranteed to always take wickets.... hes such  a good bowler, but then again everyone has their days... so just saying that pakistan cant win cuz they dont have asif and shoaib or a player like wasim or waqar, in my opinon, is just underestimation......

wen pakistan put effort into their play, they always play exceptionally well, and lets hope for that tom, and thru out this whole WC! 😊

Edited by mini2390 - 17 years ago