Users

Frequent Posters

shruti thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 17 years ago
Abey haath kya lagata hai, Raju!
   By: Shaheen Parkar
   March 26, 2007

Rakhi Sawant blasts Raju Shrivastava for his touchy-feely act on the Sony show, Comedy Ka Badsshah

Touch Me Not: Rakhi Sawant

Everyone knows that Rakhi Sawant is one bindaas babe. She doesn't care a damn when it comes to flaunting her attitude or her assets (not necessarily in that order!).

But the brazen item girl does get offended sometimes, especially when she feels things are getting out of hand.

It is learnt that Rakhi recently flew into a rage on the sets of the Sony weekly Comedy Ka Badsshah — Hasegaa India, which she co-hosts with comedian Raju Srivastava.

The cause of Rakhi's ire, which flared at the Concorde Studios in Goregaon a few days ago, was Raju's touchy-feely act on the show.

Suggestive signs

Says an onlooker, "Raju was only doing what the script demanded, but Rakhi was very angry.

She was fed up of Raju mouthing suggestive dialogues like 'main tumhe dekhna chahta hoon', etc.  and getting physical with her on the show.

Everyone thought this was strange because from day one Raju had to portray himself as someone completely smitten by Rakhi."

Comedy Ka Badsshah — Hasegaa India has been conceived and produced by the Optymystix duo of Sanjiv Sharma and Vipul D Shah, who earlier produced shows like Ye Meri Life Hai and the first season of Indian Idol (both Sony). Vipul is also the director of the comedy show.

When asked about Rakhi's outpourings, Vipul says, "I was not present on the sets when it happened, but I was told about it later by some unit hands. I was told that sparks flew because Rakhi was upset about certain things in the script."

Post her outing in Bigg Boss on Sony, Rakhi took on Comedy Ka Badsshah —Hasegaa India, which consists of a combination of spoofs, gags and stand-up comedy.

The show also has a hilarious segment — Hamari Bahu Rakhi. Incidentally, Rakhi's boyfriend, Abhishek Awasti, also featured in some episodes of the show.

Hands off!

GALTI SE LAG GAYA: Raju Srivastava

Adds the onlooker, "It is just harmless wooing by Raju, but Rakhi is taking great offence to it. Basically, it is a creative difference. There are no ego clash involved."

When we check with Rakhi, she admits that she has been taking offence to Raju's antics. "I don't like it when he keeps on falling on me or touching me.

I tell him to back off even on camera, but that is usually edited out from the show. I have told Vipulji about it. Let's see what he does about it," she says.

Raju, on the other hand, laughs off the incident. "I don't know what people have been saying about this, but there is no reason why Rakhi should get upset.

In fact, she ribs me to make fun of her  both on and off screen. I am only doing what the director tells me to do," he says.

Raju has another problem on hand. "The feedback that I have received after this show is not very good. Several audience members, especially senior ones, are uncomfortable seeing me with Rakhi.

They consider me a performer for family audiences, but with Rakhi around they feel I am not catering to all age groups," says Raju, who is also seen in Comedy Show Ha Ha Ha (Star One) and Nonsense Unlimited on  (DD).

http://www.mid-day.com/hitlist/2007/march/154162.htm

shruti thumbnail
Rakhi's PETA cause

Rakhi Sawant manages to be in the limelight, this time it is because she is campaigning for PETA, an NGO fighting against cruelty to animals. In an effort to increase awareness through media coverage, she had painted her body with in the shades of the tiger and it took the make-up persons four hours to do so. She was inside the cage, roaring and trust us, she looked like an angry Tiger too. We caught up with her to know more about what made her take up the animals' cause.

Why you choose to advertise for PETA?
When these people approached me about this, I thought that I would advertise for a genuine reason. Personally I like animals and can't tolerate if they are tortured. Hence I choose to advertise for this.

What do you want to convey through this?
I want to say that don't use animals in circus, don't put them in cages. Imagine how you would feel if you were caged. We can shout and ask others to remove us from this mess, but can these animals speak? They cannot speak and hence cannot express their feelings. So please leave them to their natural place where they can stay and not in these cages.

Are you a vegetarian?
I am not talking whether I am vegetarian or non vegetarian. I am telling you not to use these animals in a circus. "Hum log animals ki Pooja karte hain"

You have painted your body; tell me how do you feel?
It took me four long hours to paint my body, I am too tired and inside this cage I feel I will die.

Tell us one thing that made you to do this?
Two years ago a Russian circus caught fire, all human beings escaped but all animals were dead because of the fire. When the rescue department reached there they saw dead animals holding the rods of the cages with their teeth. Image the condition of those poor animals. Animals are given shocks on their private parts so that they can perform for the circus. There are also many incidents where animals have killed their trainers so why give pain to them and also put your life in danger. Give these shocks to the ministers and see how they can bear the pain.

What do you want to convey to the Government?
Government should take care that at any cost they should not allow the five animals banned for the circus to perform in circus. I mean when I say at any cost. I don't want to tell that openly "Yahan insaan ke marne pe kuch nahi hota, to jaanwaron ke liye kya hoga" but if we will not care for these animals then who will. I am there for PETA and will give my full support to them in future too. Whenever I will see any one torturing animals I will not leave them. America has proved it that those children who torture animals become serial killers when they grow up. Hence never ever allow children to torture the animals.

Do you have any qualities of a tiger in yourself?
Yes, I do have the qualities of a tigress, even I am bold like a tiger and unless and until anybody harms me even I don't harm them. Unless I think that I am a tiger I cannot perform a dance item.

Even Shilpa Shetty campaigned for PETA, what do you think about her?
I find her like me, even she likes tiger print clothes. She is an item girl and so am I.

As circus is for enjoyment and children love watching circuses, so do you think that your message will be taken seriously?
Ask their parents to put them in cage and watch them performing. How will they feel?

People may think that you are doing all this just for publicity.
I don't care if they think that I am doing all this for publicity because I know what I am doing.

http://www.indya.com/news/rakhis_peta.html
shruti thumbnail
Raju Srivastav, not laughing!

Raju Srivastav, a man known for his humour and his laughter... has been extremely upset! But, Why?

Ever since Rakhi Sawant accused funny-man Raju Shrivastav of touching and feeling her during the shoot of Comedy Ka Badshah, the man has been extremely upset. Rakhi had said that she had asked him not to touch her, but he had not listened to her and continued the touchy-feely act.

An angry Raju retaliates, "Maybe she liked the 'touchy' gestures or maybe she was convinced by one of her friends to stay back on the show. Finding and making gags on a day-to-day basis is not Rakhi's profession, its my profession. So when I signed the script producer Vipul Shah told me to just try and pull her leg to make her speak, otherwise there is no actual work for her as this serial is not about dance or music, and she does not know anything about gags."

Wonder what Rakhi has to say to that…

Raju who had worked in some Hindi movies (Baazigar, Main Prem Ki Diwaani Hoon, to name a few...) says his life took a "U" turn after the Laughter challenge on STAR One, which helped him reach people's hearts and homes.

http://www.indya.com/news/raju_shrivastav.html
shruti thumbnail
Rakhi wedged in a 'Mahasangram'

Controversies favourite baby Rakhi Sawant is once again caught in a contention. The incident happened on the sets of her Sony show, Comedy Ka Badsshah Haseega India where producer Vipul D Shah was busy canning the first episode of Mahasangram India - Pakistan Special.

Now the initiative which looked like increasing cultural harmony by bringing stand up comedians from two nations together on a common platform took a different turn when an Indian contestant walked out of the sets accusing Rakhi of a biased judgment.

Here are the details: Funnymen Albela from India and Sultan from Pakistan were the first two contestants pitted against each other in this episode. After the first round, Sultan scored higher then Albela. In the second round, Sultan completed his stand-up comedy and it was Albela's turn to present his gag. That's when Albela refused to perform accusing Rakhi of a being unfair claiming that she was more lenient towards Sultan because he hails from Pakistan. To which Rakhi retorted, "We have taken this decision from our hearts'. She was speaking on behalf of co-judges Raju Srivastav and Pakistani stand-up comedian Kasif.

Albela flared commenting that he was not like the Indian cricketers who would take defeat easily and that to him it means his career. Rakhi tried to pacify him saying, "Our (India's) USP is to be nice to people". But Albela had made up his mind and stormed off the sets. The producer had a tough time convincing the angry man to complete the episode and "it was quite a task", he sighs.

What we figure from all this hungama is that either the makers have woken up late and are celebrating a belated Fool's Day or it's simply a publicity peg as the production is going to air the entire drama as it is. What say?

http://us.tellychakkar.com/y2k7/apr/4apr/news_rakhi.php

shruti thumbnail
Rakhi on Koffee with Karan!
   By: Tushar Joshi
   April 5, 2007

After countless occasions of showering praise on the hyperactive item girl, Karan Johar has finally invited her for a chat on his 'hallowed' couch

It's My Time Now: Rakhi Sawant

Will she, won't she? After leaving us wondering for the longest time, Karan Johar has finally sent an official invitation to Rakhi Sawant to appear on Koffee with Karan.

Talk about the great leveller: after having high-handed actors like Kajol and Rani Mukerji snootily deriding her the show, Rakhi can now cock a snook at them from the very same couch (but something tells us that she won't).

Karan is currently shooting for his next set of celebrity banterers, and the episode featuring Rakhi is expected to go on air in May.

Bindaas babe

Talking about the invitation, Rakhi says, "I couldn't believe Karan Johar was on the phone with me. My palms got sweaty and I was mumbling and jumbling up sentences. This is the first time in my life that someone actually made me speechless."

She will don a designer outfit for the show. "Imagine having Manish Malhotra make something for me! It's a dream come true. I can't thank Karan enough for giving me this opportunity," she says.

Sawant always yearned to be on the show, "There are only two bindaas people in the industry. One is Karan Johar and the other is Rakhi Sawant. I think the day we meet we will be chatting non-stop," says Rakhi, excitedly.

No Mika, please!

Sources claim that Karan actually complimented Rakhi and told her he was her biggest fan. "Yes, he told me that his mother Hiroo and he would watch Bigg Boss religiously and cheered for me.

I was  touched. I never dreamed,  one day be on the same show as people like Shah Rukh Khan and Amitabh Bachchan."

How does she plan to tackle the speedy rapidfire round? "I will be nervous, for sure. But I will speak my mind. However, I told Karan that my English is not as good as his.

So he sweetly said that I could speak in Hindi."
She has no idea who she has been apired with on the show, "But if it is Mika, I will strangle him on the show itself!"

We can hardly wait!

http://www.mid-day.com/hitlist/2007/april/154811.htm

shruti thumbnail

Rakhi Sawant accused of favouritism by contestant!

Rakhi Sawant seems to have a reserved section for herself in every newspaper. Every other week she is reinventing herself in a new avatar.

From item girl to reality show participant to co-host in a comedy show to an ambassador of animal rights to a heroine in a forthcoming film, Rakhi Sawant has come a long long way from her Mika-kissing days. High as she is on this new found glory, a backlash can come as a nasty surprise. Recently a participant of the 'Comedy Ka Badsshah Hasega India', Albela Khatri, walked off the stage after accusing her of being partial and favouring another participant over him.

But Rakhi is not moving from her stance. She says, "The Pakistani performer scored 9/10 and gave a fantastic performance. After that it was Albela's turn to perform, but instead he started asking for the scores and said he will perform after the scores are allotted to him. This is not correct."

She adds furiously, "He made the situation worse by saying "Dusron ke ghar ke diye jalate jalate kahin apne ghar me andhera na ho jaye" which means don't let a Pakistani score more in front of an Indian. He also said that he was a very good scorer in STAR One. I asked him to perform first and then ask for scores. Also I am here to choose a good entertainer and I am not at all a partial person, for truth I can stand against anybody."

"In the first round Albela scored 7/10 and same in the second round. Even Sultan scored the same points in the second round. There was a tie between the two. I gave good marks to those who make me laugh and it's natural that if I am not getting entertained, my audience will also not be. My audience will not laugh on any crappy joke. So I always give marks that make us laugh a lot. I am not scared of anyone and bold enough to fight for a good cause. While I was in an argument with Albela, both Raju Shrivastav and and Pakistani judge--I forget his name--were sitting besides me but they didn't utter a word. I was alone to fight for this cause.

"I even asked him to perform and leave the rest on judges. It's the judges who decide the scores and not them.

"After all this the shooting was continued smoothly."

http://www.indya.com/news/rakhis_fav.html

shruti thumbnail

Rakhi wants to go to Haridwar!

Item girl, Rakhi Sawant is getting tired of constant shooting and shows and is crying for a vacation, but the poor girl, just does not have the time. "Yaar please, send me away for a few days, I am dying for a break. So where would she want to go? "I want to go on a spiritual retreat to Kailash Mansarovar and Haridwar," says this super girl who for the first time has worn full clothes for this flying girl video.

Besides pilgrimages to wash your sins, where else would she and her beau want to go? "We would love to set the beautiful European beaches (French and Italain Riviera) on fire. I would love to ape
Pamela Anderson, run on the Baywatch beach in a sexy bikini."

At this juncture, her boyfriend Abhishek Awasthi intervenes, saying that he would carry a base ball bat along to keep bad company away from his girl. Both of them joked about how they would check out the hot babes and dudes around.

Rakhi also hopes that the Paparazzi follow them on their European tour for they will get absolutely hot pictures and stuff. "What the use of going to such romantic places and not letting your
hair down. We will really get naughty down there," she says.

http://entertainment.oneindia.in/movies/bollywood/gupshup/ra khi-sawant-baywatch-120407.html

shruti thumbnail

No takers for Rakhi?

Karan Johar couldn't get a single guest to agree to join Rakhi Sawant on his show. Finally he had to settle for a couple of Bigg Boss contestants.

In what could be deemed a display of sheer snobbery, none of Karan Johar's guests from Bollywood agreed to feature on his popular talk show with Rakhi Sawant. Says a source, "Karan tried to convince a number of guests, but failed. Finally, Karan had no choice but to request two of Rakhi's colleagues from Bigg Boss, Carol Gracias and Rahul Roy to join her."

When contacted about this sad state of affairs, Rakhi appeared unfazed, as usual. She said, "I guess, no one was ready to share the screen with me. But, I am okay with it. Main akele hi kaafi hoon. It is true that I shot the entire episode alone. But two people did come in the end as surprise guests." (We know they were Carol and Rahul.)
The 'fun' episode isn't the only installment of Koffee With Karan that the host has been shooting. In the last two weeks Karan has shot some of the most difficult combination of guests, trying to beat the deadline even while attending the preliminaries to the Ash-Abhishek wedding.

The toughest job was to bring all the Kapoors together. Says a source, "Karan got the three Kapoor brothers Randhir, Rishi and Rajiv, sister Reema and Neetu Singh together on the same show. Only Raj Kapoor's elder daughter Ritu Nanda (Shweta Bachchan's  mother-in-law) was missing."

In another episode Ekta Kapoor comes on with three of her favourite blue-eyed boys from Balaji Telefilms, namely Ronit Roy, Hiten Tejwani and Ram Kapoor. Then, in what promises to be one of Karan's favourite tte--tte he chats up Madhuri Dixit. Everyone knows Karan is a huge Madhuri fan. He in fact was a kind of assistant during Dil To Pagal Hai, and adores Mathur since then. At the end of Madhuri's show Karan calls Rani Mukherjee, who herself is a huge Madhuri fan.

The last episode for the season was recorded a few days ago. It brings together Shilpa and her sister Shamita and even ropes in their mother at the end. That brings the curtain down on this season of Koffee With Karan. It's unlikely that Karan will be back with a third season since he's now part of NDTV's new entertainment channel.

I guess, no one was ready to share the screen with me. But, I am okay with it. Main akele hi kaafi hoon. It is true that I shot the entire episode alone  — Rakhi Sawant

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/net/mmpaper.aspx?page=article&am p;sectid=12&contentid=200704180236147181c9f70da

anishma24 thumbnail

Koffee with Karan: Rakhi Snubbed

By Subhash K Jha

In what could be deemed a shocking display of snobbery none of Karan Johar's potential guests agreed to come on his popular talk show with Rakhi Sawant.

Says a source, "Karan tried to convince a number of guests but no one from the A or B list from Bollywood is willing to share screen space with her. He finally failed. And had no choice but to request two of Rakhi's colleagues from Big Brother, Carol Gracias and Rahul Roy to join her."

The 'fun' episode isn't the only instalment of Koffee With Karan that the host has been shooting. In the last two weeks Karan has shot some of the most difficult combination of guests, trying to beat the deadline even while attending the preliminaries to the Ash-Abhishek wedding.

The toughest job was bringing all the Kapoors together. Says a source, "Karan got the three Kapoor brothers Randhir, Rishi and Rajiv, sister Reema and Neetu Singh together on the same show. Only Raj Kapoor's elder daughter Ritu Nanda (Shweta Bachchan's mother-in-law) was missing."

In another episode tv tycoon Ekta Kapoor comes on with three of her favourite blue-eyed boys from Balajee telefilms, namely Ronit Roy, Hiten Tejwani and Ram Kapoor.

Then in what promises to be one of Karan's favourite tete-a-tete he chats up Madhuri Dixit. "Everyone knows Karan is a huge Madhuri fan. He in fact was a kind of assistant during Dil To Pagal Hai. And adores Madhuri since then. At the end of Madhuri's show Karan calls Rani Mukherjee on. Rani herself is a huge Madhuri fan."

The last episode for the season was recorded a few days ago. It brings together Shilpa and her sister Shamita and even ropes in their mother at the end.

That brings the curtain down on this season of Koffee With Karan. It's unlikely that Karan will be back with a third season since he's now part of NDTV's new entertainment channel.

Says a source, "Though the brand Koffee With Karan remains with Star, what's the brand worth without Karan?"

http://www.santabanta.com/cinema.asp?catname=mirch%20masala