Perfect, tense -harsh chhaya

rosewood104 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Perfect, tense

Perfectionist Harsh Chhaya is giving a tough time to the cast and crew of Ghar Ek Sapna

Harsh Chhaya
Apparently, Harsh Chhaya is quite a terror on the sets of Ghar Ek Sapna. The actor is giving a tough time to his unit members and the director of the show. He is a perfectionist and throws tantrums about his scenes, costumes, dialogues and payments all the time. Harsh actually calls up his director Ajai Sinha, every few hours, from the sets with various complaints and queries.

Director Ajai Sinha has known Harsh for the past nine years and has worked with him in as many as five shows in the past. Says Ajai, "I get scared every time I get a call from Harsh. For every small or big issue he will call me up and complain. But I can't possibly sort out every issue personally. In fact, many times my assistant directors get annoyed and tell me that Harsh over-reacts about minor issues. Initially, it was very irritating to get such calls but now I am trying to get used to it. I have no other option."

So what makes him behave so haughtily on the sets? "I do call Ajai for anything I think needs to be improved on the sets. Sometimes it works and sometimes Ajai doesn't take my complaints or suggestions. I know many actors feel that I throw tantrums all the time. My attitude has not gone down well with many people. But I feel I've the right to get what I want as a professional," points out Harsh, who is also shooting for Thodi Si Zameen Thoda Sa Aasman besides Ghar Ek Sapna.

And what is it that he complains so much about, so often? "I am finicky about the basic things like the scenes, about getting the dialogues right and so on. Besides, even small nitty-gritties like the colour of socks or the suits have to be taken into consideration," says Harsh.

Has he received flak from his co-actors on the set of Thodi Si Zameen Thoda Sa Aasman? Says Harsh, "Smriti Irani tells me that I am not as difficult as I seem to be, so I keep telling her, watch me for another month and then give your opinion. People who are confident about themselves will not feel insecure about my attitude."

cheers

resh

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mulan08 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
Thank you for the article!