Rahul Roy gets pricey

Ittefaq thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
Rahul Roy gets pricey
   By: Shaheen Parkar
   Photographer: A hitList Correspondent
   February 23, 2007

Rahul Roy
After winning Bigg Boss, it looks like Rahul Roy has big demands too. The actor has upped his acting fee much to the chagrin of producers.

It is learnt that Roy was signed for a Punjabi film Watana Tun Door (Away From The Homeland) for Rs 2.5 lakh.

He was even given an advance of Rs 50,000. Now that the film is going on floors, Roy has demanded a fee hike.

He now wants Rs 15 lakh or he will not do the project. The producer, of course, is not willing to bow down to his demands.

As a result, Roy is  out of the project and has been replaced by Gursevak Mann (brother of singer Harbhajan Mann).

Roy has yet to return the advance of Rs 50,000 given to him. Apparently, he has told the producer to adjust it in a future project that he is to do with them.

Watana Tun Door, a saga about three friends who travel abroad, is produced by Gaurav Sethi and directed by Rajan Layalpuri, who is also a cinematographer.

The cast includes Avinash Wadhwan, Surendra Pal, Raza Murad, Vivek Shauq, Upasna Singh and Tina Ghai.

When asked about the Roy episode, Layalpuri says, "Rahul Roy is no longer in the film. There were certain issues, so we decided to go ahead with the project without him."

It is learnt that he signed the film in August. The shoot schedule was delayed due to Roy's participation in Bigg Boss. "We only shot for eight days; that's all we could manage without him.

We had lined up our shoot schedule in Himachal Pradesh and later in Austria. Now, after waiting all this while for him, we have to go ahead without him," adds Layalpuri, who is also directing the Punjabi film Bulleh Shah with Hans Raj Hans.

Not right

Roy, on the other hand, maintains, "People can now say anything. I don't want anyone to piggyride on my Bigg Boss success. I was approached by Kakad who was also the producer of the film.

Then the producers parted ways. So I had be a mediator for them. There was a lot of dilly-dallying on their front."

The actor feels there is nothing wrong in asking what he deserves now. "I know I will hurt some people. But after being 17 years in the industry, now I want to do things for myself.

I want to do things in a more professional and business-like way. There are some good offers lined up. This is a renewed shot with the industry. All I can say is that life is fantastic."

Source-Mid-Day

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

raj5000 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Thanks for sharing.

Rahul yaar leave everything, first visit Sydney.  😆 Edited by raj5000 - 17 years ago
Xplicit_Desii thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
oh a new pbi movie iz cumin out cool 😛
kothra thumbnail
Really cool..
Lol....
he missed the chance
Autumnn thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: raj5000

Thanks for sharing.

Rahul yaar leave everything, first visit Sydney.  😆

😆 ðŸ˜† ðŸ¤£

Rahul is asking for such a huge price cos he has to compensate ravi kissen's price for cocaine.. 😉

PS: gosh.. raj.. ur message time was 4:25 am.. In your dreams also.. IF aata hai kya.... and then u wake up and come on IF or what.. dont u ever sleeppp.......😛 ðŸ˜†

Edited by sweta01 - 17 years ago
archangel thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: raj5000

Thanks for sharing.

Rahul yaar leave everything, first visit Sydney.  😆

by the time he decides his wife would have finished her course and started her spa in India
Lmao u guys,

and sweta, time difference, u live in India right and Hes in America....so biiiig time diffference.

And god these people are greedy for money... 🤢
bunbutt_too thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

"Roy, on the other hand, maintains, "People can now say anything. I don't want anyone to piggyride on my Bigg Boss success."

Kya yeh murda Rahul ubb khud koh zinda bhi samazneh lagelaa hain kya?

anjali10 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: bunbutt_too

"Roy, on the other hand, maintains, "People can now say anything. I don't want anyone to piggyride on my Bigg Boss success."

Kya yeh murda Rahul ubb khud koh zinda bhi samazneh lagelaa hain kya?

🤣 the producer must be ðŸ¤£ðŸ¤£