Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

*Dipti* thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
What have you done Kangana

Highly impressed by the performance of Kangna Ranaut in his 'Gangster', her mentor, Anurag Basu has given her another tough role to play in his latest, multi-starrer 'Life in a Metro'.

The beauty from Himachal has won a lot of acclamations and awards for her performance in both 'Gangster' and 'Woh Lamhe'. She proved her capability in handling sensitive roles. Anurag Basu too feels that 'Kangana has tremendous talent' and 'my discovery is capable of handling tough roles with care.'

No doubt she is a good actor but it does seem that Kangna has difficulties containing her excitement. Kangna lost out on a major role in Aamir's Khan's forthcoming venture 'Ghajini', director by AR Murugadose only because she was too excited about it.

While Aamir wanted everyone to be tight-lipped about the project, Kangna in her own excitement of working with Aamir went around talking about the project openly. The result was that she has now been dropped from the project and Priyanka Chopra has replaced her.

Now all that Kangna saying to mask her disappointment is, "I'm happy about the director's decision regarding the casting of Aamir's film."

Well dear Kangna, if you had to did less talking earlier you would have had a lot to speak later. Moreover Aamir does not come-up with too many projects a year. -
ekdin thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Cont...

Kangana Ranaut dances to the tunes of Himesh Reshamiya

Thursday, March 08, 2007

Well we have all seen Kangana in serious emotional roles earlier, right? Now all you Kangana fans can expect some thing different from her. She will soon be seen in Suneel Dharshan's film 'Shakalaka Boom Boom'. The film is based on the music industry. For the first time Kangana will dance in this film and what better than dancing to the tunes of Himesh Reshamiya.

Not that easy though as she has to dance with two good dancers - Bobby Deol and Upen Patel. Knowing this fact our strong willed Kangna has already taken dancing lessons and worked very hard on her steps. And the results are for all to see. Kangana has done a fantastic job dancing beautifully matching steps with both the macho heroes.

Suneel Dharshan's films are all family oriented. Kangana has a very strong character in the film of an upcoming singer and is the love interest of both her male co-stars. Her looks in the film are totally changed by Manish Malhotra. Well all we can do is wait and watch the film.

http://content.msn.co.in/Entertainment/Bollywood/Bollywood_G lamsham_080307_414.htm
naadanmasakalli thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9
Kangana's big hoax?

Nowadays, every Tom, Dick and Harriet is claiming to have cut a three-film/ four-film deal with a reputed production company in the country.

After Hrithik Roshan, Akshay Kumar and John Abraham, every star's publicity machinery is churning out false information about supposed deals between stars and corporate houses, the latest being Kangana Ranaut, who according to rumours, has signed a three-film deal with Yash Raj Films.

But a highly-placed source at Yash Raj denie the deal completely!

"We've signed no deal with Miss Ranaut. We make deals for films, and not with actors.

If you notice, we do not bind even those stars who've been working with us with any kind of contract, so where's the question of signing a newcomer for a deal?'

So where are the rumours coming from? "Even I was surprised to hear about Kangana's deal with Yash Raj," says Suneel Darshan.

"The fact of the matter is, Shaka Laka Boom Boom is being looked upon as Kangana's first truly commercial film. And her future in mainstream cinema will depend on how she is accepted in my film.

The rest depends entirely on her destiny and on the way she conducts herself. There's no need for people to spread false rumours about her career. In the long run, it only makes her look compromised."

Even as rumours of Kangana's deal with Yash Raj are laid to rest, there's news that Hrithik's proposed deal with Adlabs has arrived at contractual snags.
Says a source, "It seems unlikely that the deal will go through from the way it is being spoken of in media circles.

The sum quoted is no joke. And Adlabs wants to make sure they get their money's worth from Hrithik."

As for the other staggering deals we heard about lately, let's just say there is no smoke and no fire. Just a lot of hoopla being generated by vested interests.
TrustYourSelf thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
When Bobby/Upen/Celina/Kangana found themselves in a desert

Joginder Tuteja, Bollywood Trade News Network

Around 2 more weeks to go for SHAKALAKA BOOM BOOM and heat has started building up for this Suneel Darshan film. Well, literally!

Apparently a track titled 'Naamumkin' has been shot on desert dunes that features the entire cast of the film including Bobby Deol, Upen Patel, Celina Jaitley and Kangana Ranaut dressed in black. Imaginatively shot and reminding of the style and setting that were used in the song 'Rabba Ishq Na Hove' in Darshan's last big hit ANDAAZ, 'Naamumkin' is even more glossy and instantly catchy.

Apart from eye candy in the form of Celina who simply sizzles, and Kangana who gets into a lip lock, another noticeable factor in the song is bare chested Upen who would make many a girls get weak on their knees. As for Bobby, he continues to stand tall with a dashing screen presence amidst sand dunes that has been his hallmark ever since he walked similar land in SOLDIER and GUPT.

A song that should come at a crucial juncture of the film, it is a painful number about a man who has lost his love and it has now become unbearable for him to live without her.

http://www.glamsham.com/movies/scoops/07/mar/21_bobby_upen_c elina_kangana_shakalaka_boom_boom.asp

Gracella😛

basanti_diya thumbnail
Add to My MSN Add to My Yahoo
Success can spoil Kangana Ranaut

By Subhash K Jha

Suneel Darshan whose Shaka Laka Boom Boom is ready for release, feels there's a concerted effort to pull down his new protg Upen Patel.

He feels Upen is all set to become a big star. "I'm so confident about him.

His body language is amazing. And my presentation of Upen shows what magic an actor can create if the director has faith in him. I don't want to compare him with Akshay Kumar.

But they're very similar….Except that Upen is fifteen years younger. That difference is bound to show. Also Upen is naturally urbane and chic. …I'm not trying to take away from Akshay's hard work and success."

Suneel is vocal about Upen being sidelined in the promos of Vipul Shah's Namaste London. "I really don't want to comment on Akshay and his loyal friends. I'm happy that Upen is so prominently projected in my trailers.

All I'll say is casting a newcomer is a far bigger responsibility than casting an established actor. A filmmaker must not let a newcomer down.

I remember when Upen had been taken to Vipul Shah by Akshay's secretary Upen has excitedly told me he was a leading man in Namaste London. I felt he was lucky to get a lead role with a star like Akshay Kumar. I don't know what happened !

The trailer of Namaste London hasn't given him the respect of a leading man. Upen's character is prominent, so he's prominently projected in my trailers. All I'll say is, Upen deserves much better. I've gone through a lot of trauma at a time when Upen came into the industry.

So I couldn't guide him properly. I wish I had. There's an effort by a certain section of the people to paint him as a bad boy. He isn't that. He's a boy who came in alone from London and made it on his own.

His detractors have spread the rumour that he has financed his films. Rubbish.! Let Shaka Laka Boom Boom come and everyone will fall in love with his character."

As for Kangana, "I feel the girl holds great potential. She isn't conventionally glamorous. But she has the body language of today's woman and I've given her a role that matches her personality. We had cast another girl in the role. But Kangana was ideal.

Somewhere the personal trauma she's undergoing and the overnight success could turm her head. I hope it doesn't happen to her. I feel emotionally for her. She's a girl from a small town making it on her own in our cinema."

Suneel is excited about the changes in the industry. "So much technique has changed. And I wanted to be part of the change. Today making a film is a big responsibility. I've been very careful with the quality and content in Shaka Laka Boom Boom….It isn't as though I'm apologetic about my style of filmmaking.

But yes, while my earlier films were targeted at family audiences, Shaka Laka Boom Boom is for the youth. Everyone is young in Shaka….Bobby is just a couple of years older than Hrithik. And Bobby is the oldest protagonist."

Suneel lashes at some of the over-hyped films in recent times. "You can't write reams and reams about films, comparing our directors with David Lean and what-not. I felt happy when Munnabhai worked…But Eklavya?

It was well shot….But I wish the content matched the form. I've been a Vinod Chopra fan since Parinda. ….My film is a young film but not a juvenile film. My cinema is my cinema. I have made unsuccessful films. But not bad films. I'm comfortable working with people who're happy working with me.

Never mind if they move on. I'd say I've been privileged to work with the likes of Akshay Kumar, Priyanka Chopra, Lara Dutt and Bipasha Basu. Some of these became big stars in front of my eyes. I'm very proud of them. I'd like to think I made a contribution to their careers."
basanti_diya thumbnail
Kangna is sick of Aditya Pancholi

Actors from Bollywood have always sought the help from astrologers and prayed to the Almighty whenever they got through rough patches in their lives.

Have a look at Big B's fingers. The rings are not mere adornments but they had been worn by the actor when he was on the verge of bankruptcy. Sanjay Dutt performed 'pujas' at Siddhi Vynayak temple when he was charged for involvement in the 1993 blasts case.

Joining the group is Kangna Ranaut. Though this young actress received praises and awards for her performances in 'Gangster' and 'Woh Lamhe', her personal life has gone through a lot of rough patches.

Last year some miscreant threw acid on her sister's face and even she received such threats. It was a traumatic experience for her. Then there was this Aditya Pancholi incidence.

There were rumors that they were having an affair and that Aditya had slapped her. "The Aditya Pancholi incident had caused a lot of trauma and pain for her," reveals a source close to Kangna.

In spite of all these mis-happenings, Kangna is coping with it with great resilience. "Fortunately for me, I had to shoot in a remote area near Chennai where there was no phone signal. It was the saving grace in my life because it allowed me the mental space to gather my wits," says Kangna.

"Her astrologer has said that last year her Saturn was very difficult on her and this year too it will be bad. Only a lot of 'pujas' will help her get rid of the troubles" revealed the source.

Hopefully thing will go her way and she has a better personal life after these 'pujas'. - (SAMPURN)