Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sara_DONT_ASK thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 17 years ago

Originally posted by: meghavi

1.)  What do you guys think about the quote?
It's so true..!!!😳

2.)  What do you think, are old friends one of life's best treasures?  And is 'old' really 'gold?' πŸ˜ƒ
Ofcoz they are one of life's best treasures.πŸ˜ƒ After all friends are the ones who make the "beautiful memories" in our lives.Though i dont have pic's of any of my old buddies n neither do i need them coz a pic of my each n every friend, i hav met till date, is printed on my heart...but when eva i go down the memory lane...those golden old days bring a smile on my face. And the mastii's we did together...i hav a nice laugh remembering them..!!!
Somehow, life has always been unfair to me in case of friends. The friends i made in grade 1-5...hum bichad gaye...coz i changed my skool...n due the circumstances we cud not keep in touchπŸ˜”. Then grade 6-8 again friends bichad gaye...coz dey left the skool due to sum reasonsπŸ˜”. Then from grade 8-11 i made a few more friends n thank God we are together now.πŸ˜†πŸ˜³ In one's life, friends cum n go...n its not too sad a thingiie...but coz i hav the tendency to give away my heart easily...!!!so maybe thts why i pheel more....n above all i am chhtupid...!!πŸ˜”

Sorry for a long essay...the fact is tht frends rock n singles (widout a frend/s) roll....πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜›
Lastly, no place for dhokebaaz frends in my heart....a frend in need is a frend indeed..!!
Zindagi wid frends rox...!!!😊

cool_pooja thumbnail

'Make new friends keep the old, one is silver, the other gold.'

I totally agree. We should defintly make new friends but we should not forget our old friends, who stood by us in good and bad time, who are a part of our every memory. And new friends can never be that special like the old ones. Old ones are the ones u have spent the most time wid, have sticked together with and they are the ones that will last forever.

2.)  What do you think, are old friends one of life's best treasures?  And is 'old' really 'gold?' πŸ˜ƒ

Defintly. Old friends are more precious then the new ones because they know us better, understand us better and most of all, will always be with us, whether good or bad. Bec we dunt know the fate of our new friends. But old friends are there for us forever.

shizajaved thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Yeah.. I agree. Old is gold and new ones are SilverπŸ˜‰. But we never mind whether it's gold or silverπŸ˜‰? do we? =P I don't think so. Friends are friends. But yeah everything has to be OLD one day.. I guess old friends mean more precious and close to you than the new ones. You need to spend some time with the new ones, to know them better and to get along with them easily. School friends are always fun to be with. They are un-forgettable. Also may be because school time is fun and you get more free periods and all that stuff and you do kinda more masti and dhamaal and all that! so those moments are actually memorable ones and you spent them with those school friends of yours so this may be one of the reasons why we are more attached to our school friends- ofcourse they are the old ones! moostTT!πŸ˜›

Edited by shizajaved - 17 years ago
angel_10 thumbnail
my old friends are really precious...they helped me throughut childhood...from when i played in sandcastles...until i started lykin boyz and having minor crushes..lmao! πŸ˜†
lovelyprincesst thumbnail
i completely agree tht old frends are gold n other silver..

me n ma frends are rarely in touch as they have got married overseas n some of them are still single but studying n working in the states but whenever they visit their hometown they dont forget me n i m happy to be with them once more n collect some wonderful memory as they are precious like diamond.

we usually have a chat in once in a while n whenever we are more then 3 onlines usually the talks goes to the old day how stupid we were n we still are..
m very fortunate to have some good friends who treasures me as i do.

abt new friends we meet every now n then some stay just friends n are still silver but some become ur closest n come in the list of old frends which u count as gold.

i would like to take this opportunity to thank Indian forum as a whole is letting me meet not only one but 3 who although we havent met but are close to ma heart.

Thank u very much πŸ˜›
IdeaQueen thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Friends forever 

As we live life, and get older (unfortunately πŸ˜›πŸ˜†) we will always remember people we've met eversince we were little kids. πŸ˜ƒ The people who have always been there for us, eversince we can remember.  The people whose presence we've grown up in...

</>

Our old friends.

We will remember the countless times when we've took out our photo albums...and looked at picture of us, and ...

Our old friends.

Mr. Ralph Waldo Emerson, I certainly agree with you πŸ˜‰

Now, in this topic, we are actually going to be discussing a quote.  No, not the one above, but, another one.

😊

'Make new friends keep the old, one is silver, the other gold.'

Perfect quote!!

I will start crying if I post more here.I miss my elder esteemeed friend Dr Abhijit Shukla Uncle of Debate Mansion!!! I learnt lot of things from him.His zealto learn new things is really appreciable.He used to good competition to all of us in DM.He left IF may be because of his busy schedule.I'm a self proclaimed circuit of Our Doctor Abhijit Shukla MBBS.

I miss another old friend Jatayu Uncle.He is Emperor of Spamland.His spamming is informative and classy!We both used to compete each other like tom and jerry.

Miss you !!! My dear old Uncle Abhijit Shukla and Uncle J!!

Wishes,

Mythili

Thanks Meghavi for a wonderful post

Tomiko thumbnail

Old friends are not remembered, yet not forgotten!

(Uh, does that even make any sense?!πŸ€”πŸ˜†)

Anyways......thee are so many of my friends who I do not keep in contact with, yet had I met them again, I'm sure we would have so much fun remembering the 'old days'!πŸ˜›

How often can you do with your current friends?!πŸ˜•

Lost_Soul141 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
for me i find it hard to keep in contact with old frends but when u do meet up or bump into each other u have a lot to talk about! you then rememba just how close to them you once were and y ur frends.
im only 15 bt the 'old' frends i do see i always can catch up with. whats sumtimes disappointing though is when u think ur reali gd frends with sum1 and then they turn around and stab you in the back 😑 thats what is hapenin with me rite now, my ex'frend is makin it look like im the one the wrong. so there are downsides with frends as well
meghavi thumbnail

@ egghatcher…LOLZ πŸ˜†

And I also agree with shizajaved, that friends are friend.  But then on the other hand, I also agree with the rest of you, that old friends understand us more, because they have been with us more, so that's why they are more precious to us. 😊

Old is gold, (okay, fine…I agree 😊) .. but it doesn't mean silver isn't good enough. πŸ˜› If we didn't make new friends, and only hung out with the old ones, we wouldn't grow as a person, cuz hanging out with diff people is what makes us open-minded.  So think about it … without our 'silver' friends, we wouldn't have grown into what we are now, and without our 'gold' friends, we wouldn't have been anything that we are right now.

music_rules thumbnail
yup as the sayin goes: OLD IS GOLD. in life u make new friendz all the time but u may never forget your old ones because they are a part of u as well.............always remember every ....keep making friends... 😳