The fall girl

shruti thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 17 years ago

The fall girl

Ankeeta Bharrgava scars herself as a wooden frame falls on her.

Ankeeta Bharrgava

Ankeeta Bharrgava who plays advocate Khushali on Kesar (Star Plus) had a narrow escape as she met with an accident on the sets of Kesar. Khushali was on the sets rehearsing when the huge wooden frame that holds the butter paper (mounted on a tall stand, used to diffuse lights) fell on her. 

Ankeeta says, "It was a night shift and we were shooting a Valentine sequence in Madh Island. At about 3:30 am, when I was shooting for my close ups, a huge wooden frame fell on me. The metallic wires which were attached as holders to the frame's corners slit my arm badly."

Ankeeta adds, "My arm went numb and I didn't realise the intensity of the wound. The unit members panicked and provided first aid. I rested but I was terrified when I saw that the blow had left a huge scar. I somehow finished shooting (after some acrobatic maneuvering to avoid exposing my left side to the camera) and consulted a doctor the next day."

Even her experience at the doctor's was dramatic. "I thought at most, I'll get a tetanus shot. I was shocked to hear that I need four stitches. I let him stitch my arm only to be reprimanded by a cosmetologist for letting him mess with my wound.

He finally pulled out all the pins because they would leave permanent marks. He said that my wound has deteriorated due to stapling and it made no sense treating it with cosmetology. So he bandaged it with some special tape and advised me to undergo cosmetic surgery after three months."

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/net/mmpaper.aspx?page=article&am p;am p;sectid=12&contentid=20070215022606250c8e1eea5

Edited by Manoj_Tina fan - 17 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kal-el thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 17 years ago
so sad an so lucky it could have been much worse