The two Ks in Yash's life!

anishma24 thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

The two Ks in Yash's life!

Yash Tonk has been keeping a low profile post Nach Baliye 2. The actor along with wife Gauri were considered as hot favourites on the show, but eventually had to settle for the second best place. They lost to Hussain Tina-Jodi by a close margin.

Looks like destiny had other plans for him. Yash was offered Karaam Apnaa Apnaa soon after NB 2, to fill the void in his life. Adds Yash, "You won't believe how hectic life has been for me. After the NB 2 gruelling practice sessions, Gauri and me wanted to take off on a holiday; but with Karam life took a different turn. Now, it's my new work that keeps me occupied most of the time."

Iqbal Khan, who played the suave Shiv in Karam decided to call it quits and after many names doing the rounds, it was Yash Tonk who finally bagged the coveted role. When asked about how it was stepping into somebody else's role midway, Yash says, "I would say, it's not a very easy thing to do. It took me a week to put the act together. Now, I would say I blend completely into my character and it is pulsating with my identity."

Yash is also been seen in Star's afternoon soap Kesar, wherein he plays the influential NRI Harman Khanna. Adds Yash, "I don't have a major track in Kesar these days, so it only takes 5 days of my time. What really keeps me busy these days is Karam's schedule. It's like working round the clock"

Ask about his future projects, the actor quips, "Ha…ha, I hardly have any time to think on those lines. I believe in committing to new work only when I can focus on it fully. Right now, it's only the two Ks that I am busy with."

So, it might be some more time before Yash's sabbatical plans take off. Till then, he continues to face the arclights, which we're sure he enjoys to the hilt.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

hbxvi thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
yup, the two Ks 😛
thanx 4 sharing 😉
kal-el thumbnail