Trousseau travails ---article

parm11 thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Trousseau travails

Sampada Vaze recently discovered what a nightmare it is to put together a trousseau

Back to Section Stories
Mail this Article Print this Article Search
View Comments Rate this Article Comments

Sapana Patil Poojary

Sampada and hubby Chris George

Sampada Vaze aka Tejaswini of Risshton Ki Dor is enjoying marital bliss now, but she can't forget the pre-wedding trauma her trousseau designers caused her.

Sampada says, "I had several functions for my wedding, so I had hired different designers (which in hindsight was a good idea) and placed the order well in advance. Yet, all of them managed to ditch me.

"I was to wear a white gown for my Christian wedding. The designer from Bandra, despite several reminders, gave it to me only four days in advance!

"Also, the sari for reception was readymade; but the designers couldn't get the blouse right! It was either too tight or too loose. Then it magically became too short. There was no way the length could be increased, so I was forced to dump it. In a mere three days, I managed to mix-n-match (got the straps from an existing blouse and managed the bust with a matching cloth) for reception night," she says with a shudder.

Sampada adds, "My mother was very angry as  I'd bragged that I am a model and I'm used to arranging my wardrobe! Even the dress for my Hindu wedding, a gold ghagra choli required seven sittings and still the designer didn't get it right. It either looked like a tight skirt or looked extra-flowy. My cousins sat overnight and got it altered by morning. It made me delay my jewellery shopping. I have just about managed to enjoy my wedding!"

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Kiran. thumbnail
OMG!!
He looks so old😕
Guju Girl thumbnail