I am sick of jassi crying over her looks

jammy thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago
I dont know how many feel this but I am very sick of jassi crying over her looks these days.

I dont know there was so much insercurity in her about her looks.  Its like all this time they were just making a fool of all those girls out there that looks dont matter.

I feel pity ke kuch hi haftoo main jassi to badal jaayegee but un sab ladkiyon ka kya hoga jisse jassi ne ek hope di thi!! Also those secrataries who gave her awards and all those girls who awarded her for being what she is & not what she is going to be!!

Jammy

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

anitha.b thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
i agree with you Jammy.

It is like giving hope to some people like that and asking them to change their looks as it is clearly saying Looks Do Matter.

The serial will no way give any morals to those people then. As far as Armaan learning a lesson and love her for what she is...will happen. But that won't happen in reality....

jprasad thumbnail
Jammy -

Have some sympathy!!!! Have some sympathy on us, you
make us think too hard!   πŸ˜ƒ
Minnie thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

I posted this on the update section & I'm posting it again because this fits here completely.

Jammy,stop making Jassi a mother IndiaπŸ˜†.She is a normal girl with normal aspirations and looking good is one of them.

Here I can understand her characterisation.She had achieved quite a lot without her looks and somewhere she had become complacent about the fact that she was not good looking and looks and personality doesn't matter.This complacency on her part was wrong.

Now she has lost a lot and her first instinct is to blame her own looks because that has been the cause of her setbacks all through her life. Also that is why now she has now painfully become aware of her shortcomings all over again.

Frankly it's good that todays naive kids get the message that looking presentable is important - And I'm not talking of beauty,it has nothing to do with it - and personality does matter and it's a very important part of success in life.

I love Nayanika Chatterji,the model.She was one of the ugliest kids on the block and all her life she was called blackie and ugly and what not.But today she is one of the top most models in India.She is still not goodlooking by any standards.But she made the best out of what she did have.That message is equally important.

You don't have to look like Aishwarya Rai but at least you should be flexible enough to adjust yourself into an environment when you are called upon to do so.That is a message everyone should get.

jammy thumbnail

Nahi JP its frankly very disheartning for me to see someone being given false hope.

They had made this show look like an inspiration with all those promos.

If you see the promo's then, all those mother-in-laws claming that they want thier daugther-in-law's to be like jassi. then those fathers claming that they want daughter like jassi.  All those hoardings about bosses wanted secrataries to be like jassi. Jassi actually raised the bar of odinary girl in society she made that ordinary girl belive her worth and maybe some girls might be thinking ok thank god, my father wont have to pay dowry to find a groom for me, why because jassi gave me hope that not looks but what you are from inside and your character matters.  and now think how that same girl who sees jassi crying over her  looks. I am sure many girls will right now find them self stranded morally with this show!!

Jammy.

HUMM thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
i agree with u jammy!!! .......... jassi's change will definately affect people's mentality and the shows effect on the public!!
jammy thumbnail
Minnie she was not mother india πŸ˜†.

But when you claim the show to be a break through and inspiration through hoardings and promo's and award functions and etc but then suddenly you say oh we were just fooling and we belive that what we wrote in all those hoardings and promo's is not possible. Sorry but we gave you false hope.

You are not in india minnie or you would have understood. Thier whole marketing strategy was based on the belief and promotion of show as an odinary girl achiving the extra odinary. Well, they knew it that they are sending a message out there. Also I am not saying that I  mind jassi thinking about her looks. But pleez this is getting sickning now. AS I said in my funny thread that if she was so insecure about her looks then her looks dont need much of a make over. All she has to do is take some simple steps and for that she doenst has to wait for some gyaan ki bijli.

Jammy.
lovely thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

I am sure many girls will right now find them self stranded morally with this show!!

why is that bothering you so much jammy πŸ˜‰ and how can you be sure if girls are finding themselves stranded.

I for one want her to look presentable in terms of her looks. that does not mean looking extra gorgeous,pretty wearing micro minis and tank tops which is the norms today. A person shld be flexible enough to change according to the changes around him/her.

and also the ads that you are talking abt bosses wanting secretaries like jassi they mean an efficient secretary like jassi and not a secretary who looks like jassi.. All those ads higlight her character not her looks.

jprasad thumbnail
Jammy -

What you say is very true. I do feel morally stranded with
JJKN in many levels from the double standards to the
hypocracy to the false hope. Thus I have decided to make
Kkusum my idol...cuz I need more confusion in my life.   πŸ˜•
πŸ˜• πŸ˜•

Just kidding...   πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜‰

Anyway, what is a bigger bugger is that I spent time writing
one whole post on how I felt bad for Jassi, but seems like she
is moving ahead full speed! As a person before you open a
new chapter, you need to close the previous chapter, but it
doesn't seem like she found closure or did I miss something?

Tonight when I go home, I am gonna leave my brains at the
doorstep.
surnita thumbnail

Minnie I agree with you completely!!  Jassi doesnt look presentable, she looks like a caracature.  There is a difference between looking decent and looking like a beauty queen.  I think trying to look your best is commendable.  At the moment Jassi looks like a fifty year old aunty ji.  In her chosen profession (head of a fashion co) that is not a good idea. 

Jassi cant even be described as ordinary looking - she has become a figure of ridicule because she looks stupid.  Yes she has acheived so much with this look and that is commendable, but Jassi wont be letting down impressionable girls by making the most of what she has she will be inspiring them.  Again Jammy you are seeing it from a male perspective.  To most girls looks are important, being the subject of ridicule is painful.