Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

hypnotoad thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 1 months ago

Yumna is a bigger star than Wahaj. The CEO of ARY put her amongst top 3 female stars in Pakistan next to Mahira and Mehwihsh. The top 3 male stars according to him were Humayun, Fawad and Fahad, JJ is one of the most powerful industry insiders so his opinion has some weight. Of course, since Wahaj had a different starting point than Yumna, his rise to stardom was bigger in relative terms. But in absolute terms, Yumna is a bigger star.

Yumna also has more hype than Wahaj right now I feel. When TB was on air, Wahaj had more hype than Yumna but after Tere Bin ended, Wahaj's hype crashed significantly. I feel Yumna has had more hype than Wahaj in the last 5-6 months despite not having any dramas on air.

Wahaj's popularity and hype is tied to Tere Bin but Yumna's is not. If Kaddu were to cancel TB2 tomorrow, Yumna's popularity and hype will not be affected much but Wahaj's popularity and hype will nosedive. 

hypnotoad thumbnail

Originally posted by: Winterberry08

Before Tere Bin 

Yumna> Wahaj 

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=2020-03-08%202022-04-08&q=%2Fg%2F11fh_5l_97,%2Fm%2F0rfc6s4&hl=en-GB

After Tere Bin 

Wahaj> Yumna

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=2022-12-28%202023-04-08&q=%2Fg%2F11fh_5l_97,%2Fm%2F0rfc6s4&hl=en-GB

Wahaj was more popular during Tere Bin but if you look at more recent #s (since last 3-5 months), this will no longer be the case. In Pakistani market, you would find Yumna>>>Wahaj right now.

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=2024-01-01%202024-04-07&geo=PK&q=%2Fg%2F11fh_5l_97,%2Fm%2F0rfc6s4&hl=en-GB

Winterberry08 thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: hypnotoad

Yumna is a bigger star than Wahaj. The CEO of ARY put her amongst top 3 female stars in Pakistan next to Mahira and Mehwihsh. The top 3 male stars according to him were Humayun, Fawad and Fahad, JJ is one of the most powerful industry insiders so his opinion has some weight. Of course, since Wahaj had a different starting point than Yumna, his rise to stardom was bigger in relative terms. But in absolute terms, Yumna is a bigger star.

Yumna also has more hype than Wahaj right now I feel. When TB was on air, Wahaj had more hype than Yumna but after Tere Bin ended, Wahaj's hype crashed significantly. I feel Yumna has had more hype than Wahaj in the last 5-6 months despite not having any dramas on air.

Wahaj's popularity and hype is tied to Tere Bin but Yumna's is not. If Kaddu were to cancel TB2 tomorrow, Yumna's popularity and hype will not be affected much but Wahaj's popularity and hype will nosedive. 

Faulty metric

There are bigger male stars than Wahaj

sidnilove thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

It's difficult to gauge popularity of tv actors. It's only when they do a movie and we see how many people turn up to watch, we can get a real sense of their popularity.

I think Yumna's movie didn't work and Wahaj has not done any major film. So, I'm on the fence on this one. I don't think there's a big difference in their popularity..same range mein honge. 

hypnotoad thumbnail

Faulty metric

There are bigger male stars than Wahaj

I don't get your comment. The OP was Wahaj vs Yumna and I said Yumna is bigger star than Wahaj.

If we are to compare male celebs, Fawad, Humayun, Mustafa, Bilal - all our bigger stars than Wahaj.

P.S. I am talking about right now. Not when TB was on air.

Edited by hypnotoad - 1 months ago
Winterberry08 thumbnail

Originally posted by: hypnotoad

I don't get your comment. The OP was Wahaj vs Yumna and I said Yumna is bigger star than Wahaj.

If we are to compare male celebs, Fawad, Humayun, Mustafa, Bilal - all our bigger stars than Wahaj.

Mahira and Mehwish aren't bigger than Fawad and Humayun 

1 Fawad

2 Humayun 

1 Mahira 

2 Mehwish 

It doesn't mean Mahira> Humayun 

There are much bigger male stars than Wahaj in the industry 

Yumna had a movie release with a month long promotion 

Edited by Winterberry08 - 1 months ago
Winterberry08 thumbnail

Originally posted by: sidnilove

It's difficult to gauge popularity of tv actors. It's only when they do a movie and we see how many people turn up to watch, we can get a real sense of their popularity.

I think Yumna's movie didn't work and Wahaj has not done any major film. So, I'm on the fence on this one. I don't think there's a big difference in their popularity..same range mein honge. 

Same 

A week ago yumna ko vote karna tha maine but I'll wait 

hypnotoad thumbnail

Mahira and Mehwish aren't bigger than Fawad and Humayun 

1 Fawad

2 Humayun 

1 Mahira 

2 Mehwish 

It doesn't mean Mahira> Humayun 

There are much bigger male stars than Wahaj in the industry 

Yumna had a movie release with a month long promotion 

Aren't we saying the same thing?

I also said there male stars bigger than Wahaj in the industry (like Fahad, Fawad, Humayun, Bilal).

I never said Mahira and Mehwish are bigger than Humayun and Fawad. Nor did I even compare Yumna to Mahira or Mehwish (or any other actress).

SwatiSingh79 thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Bigger, what?

NazneenA thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3