diasingh2 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 1 months ago

#JustAFunThread

Following are some of my predictions for Bollywood in 2030.
Let me know your thoughts and opinions.smiley36

What happens to the Khans?
I expect Aamir, out of the "three Khans", to either completely retire by 2030 OR permanently moved to doing central-but-character roles like he did in Dangal etc. smiley20

I suspect SRK and Salman will be in a phase that will be similar to Rajinikant's current phase down south.  That is, they will occasionally release their big "event" films and will keep on relying more and more on VFX to look younger.smiley39 They will keep casting Deepika-Katrina opposite them to keep the age-gap safe and hence Deepika-Katrina will get the longevity that they anyway deserve in this ageist industry.smiley44

Who will be next-gen male Superstar?

Ranbir-Ranveer (in their mid-to-late 40s) will be doing what the Khans did in 2010s, which is building a "superstar" image and working with younger heroines to keep them relevant so that they milk their 40s as much as possible.

Someone like Shahid or Kartik will be under their shadow, just like Akshay/Ajay were to Khans. I don't any other successor yet.
Hrithik will be doing his own thing that he has been doing since past two decades.

What happens to other actors?

I expect senior actors like Ajay, Saif, Vidya, Tabu, Rani, Kareena etc. to still be around/relevant in 2030, as they are the ones who have constantly reinvented themselves with time. smiley32

Amitabh Bacchan hopefully will still be around but most likely retired due to his age.smiley38
Kangana would have become a full-fledged BJP politician by this time, and possibly Akshay as well.smiley36
I also expect Taapsee to join Congress or Aam Aadmi Party at some poinsmiley17.

Who will be the #1 leading lady?

The public would have definetly gotten bored by Alia's reign by 2030, so I expect her to have some tough comptition from someone like Tripti/Mrunal or a newcomer, depending on how their careers progress in coming 4-5 years.smiley20

Flower-pot actors like Kiara, Kriti etc. would be on a declining path by this time, assuming they don't reinvent themselves.smiley14

I also expect one of the nepo-babies (Sara-Ananya-Jhanvi-Suhana-Sanaya) to get their breakthrough by this time (similar to Kareena´s turning point with Jab We Met).  Although, I am not sure it will be who. smiley21 I personally believe children of superstars don't make it big unless they are from Kapoor family. So, my money is on Ananya and I feel she is going to get her "turning point" in the back-half of this decade as she will mature more with time and get better.smiley20

New Debuts?

Ibrahim would have definetly debuted by this point. I see him becoming a hearthrobe amonge young girls if he works in some RomComs and if he is even half-good as his dad in those films, he will thrive. smiley20 I also expect Aradhya to be prepping up for her film debut by this time, considering she will turn 18 in 2029.smiley20

Edited by diasingh2 - 1 months ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

diasingh2 thumbnail

What do you think? What are your predictions?

loginidran thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Predictions on the audience also would be interesting. I predict by 2030 every actor would be vying for a pie on the OTT, including the so called superstars. Theater business would be on its way towards dying or become really exclusive to only the event films like how the broadway and stage acting became really exclusive to the elites or the upper class audience and became completely obsolete to everyone else by the 1960s or so.

priya185 thumbnail

I like your prediction apart from under-estimating Deepika she was in the biggest projects recently (fighter was banned in gulf otherwise it would have earned more in places like UAE). Hopefully, she will do more lead roles and hold her own. 

It is Shanaya not Sanaya. I think Sara or Ananya could make a breakthrough, maybe the nepokids should take intense acting classes. Janhvi is a good dancer only. 

I also expect more TV actors to venture into Bollywood and some of them be successful like Sushant Singh Rajput 

Edited by priya185 - 1 months ago
diasingh2 thumbnail

Originally posted by: loginidran

Predictions on the audience also would be interesting. I predict by 2030 every actor would be vying for a pie on the OTT, including the so called superstars. Theater business would be on its way towards dying or become really exclusive to only the event films like how the broadway and stage acting became really exclusive to the elites or the upper class audience and became completely obsolete to everyone else by the 1960s or so.

Bollywood or the culture of watching films in the theaters is never gonna die.
These kind of predictions have happened in the past also, especially when Cable/Satellite Television came along. But nothing changed.

In fact, it was not long ago, around 2020-2021, when practically everyone said that Bollywood was dead and no one is ever going to watch films in the theaters. But Bollywood bounced back in 2023, stronger than ever.

diasingh2 thumbnail

Originally posted by: priya185

I like your prediction apart from under-estimating Deepika she was in the biggest projects recently (fighter was banned in gulf otherwise it would have earned more in places like UAE). Hopefully, she will do more lead roles and hold her own. 

It is Shanaya not Sanaya. I think Sara or Ananya could make a breakthrough, maybe the nepokids should take intense acting classes. Janhvi is a good dancer only. 

I also expect more TV actors to venture into Bollywood and some of them be successful like Sushant Singh Rajput 

DP bounced back quite well in 2023smiley20 But Fighter has not helped her case. She needs to do some solid roles in films to get back in the game.

She is definitely a better actor than Katrina, and on par with Alia.

And she needs to stay away from controversies (JNU, Drugs, KWK controversies etc.) to maintain her image. Her stardom during 2013-2018 was on another level. She needs to get that back.

I hope her role in the upcoming Singham film is well-received by the audience, because Rohit Shetty has planned to make a standalone film around her character.

wat_up thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Where they be or not who knows will Hollywood even be thriving ? It’s barely existing now n those movies that even did well under the radio due to manipulations. I hope by then there is a reliable  way to measure movies n there numbers not some reporting this others reporting other things. This is what I want and it’s transparency 

Edited by wat_up - 1 months ago
wat_up thumbnail

I’m only coming to comment that Kiara isn’t a Jin actor like Alia she can act. This is where I get irritated on those who try to put some on some pedestal and others by saying they non actors which is untrue. 

loginidran thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: diasingh2

Bollywood or the culture of watching films in the theaters is never gonna die.

These kind of predictions have happened in the past also, especially when Cable/Satellite Television came along. But nothing changed.

In fact, it was not long ago, around 2020-2021, when practically everyone said that Bollywood was dead and no one is ever going to watch films in the theaters. But Bollywood bounced back in 2023, stronger than ever.

It’s not about BW or cinema dying. Cinema will very much be there and will still be the biggest source of entertainment. It’s about the changing trends in the viewing habits. Everything evolves eventually and takes another shape or form. That’s the law of nature, isn’t it?

wat_up thumbnail

Originally posted by: loginidran

It’s not about BW or cinema dying. Cinema will very much be there and will still be the biggest source of entertainment. It’s about the changing trends in the viewing habits. Everything evolves eventually and takes another shape or form. That’s the law of nature, isn’t it?

there is OTT since Covid n it will be more so in the upcoming years. Bollywood will be there so will be movies. I remember a time I have been told that when piracy started in late 9Os n early 2000s  less were going to theaters but watching  new releases on cable then came later in 2000s something happened which brought ones back to theaters. With ghangi we started these 100 200 etc clubs till then these were not there only silver gold jubliees i have heard by others n read here in early 70s -mid 90s. Then 2009 I think the number trends started as to how much movie can make on its weekend and week as movies stay in theaters only maximum 2 weeks to a month. So it’s the two weeks that matter and that sustain will over a month n now some drag to two months. Yet not like abroad where movies stay in theaters over several months. 

Edited by wat_up - 1 months ago