Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

priya185 thumbnail
Posted: 1 months ago

more spoiler reviews https://www.filmcompanion.in/reviews/bollywood-review/yodha-review-sidharth-malhotra-takes-the-hijack-thriller-and-an-aeroplane-for-a-spin

reddit review credit ab30 

Yodha is a really well made movie that balances the plot and the entertainment aspects really well. I’m aware Sid Malhotra’s market is close to zilch now but it would he absolutely criminal if we let efforts like this fail.

I went in with absolutely zero expectations and yet the movie pleasantly surprises you with the insane hand-to-hand combat sequences (probably one of the best in a long while), amazing editing, bgm. The plot in a lot of ways feels like a modern day rehashed version of the Abbas Mastan movies, but I say that in the best way possible, super fun ride all over.

Not really a fan of Sid, but he’s shown a major improvement in the dramatic sequences and absolutely nails it in the action sequences. Raashii Khanna and Disha Patni play their part with a lot of grace, good to see them getting meaty roles.

The first half is a bit of a slow burner but the movie majorly makes up for that in the second half with adrenaline pumping action blocks, dialogues and scenarios!!! However, a major gripe is using Pakistan is a plot device yet again, I wonder when we’ll move past that.

Tl;Dr - Not a perfect movie BUT PLEASE PLEASE DON’T SLEEP ON THIS! Worth a trip to the big screens!

Elvis12 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Another spoiler Disha is the main villain lol

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Even people be Reddit liked this movie, and they hate Sid.  Well, they hate everyone over there but that’s neither here nor there right now smiley36  

Unfortunately the theater near my area stopped showing Bollywood movies by the end of 2022 so I’ll have to wait till it’s on OTT  😒 

priya185 thumbnail
Elvis12 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Another spoiler it's the biggest disaster of 2024 😂

Maroonporsche thumbnail
If they used one of these songs in the movie they should've released it before the release. I think it couldve drawn more people. I didnt even know this song was remade for this film till right now lol 

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

If they used one of these songs in the movie they should've released it before the release. I think it couldve drawn more people. I didnt even know this song was remade for this film till right now lol 

Nothing about their promotional strategy makes any sense 🤷🏽‍♀️